Overdose

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The atmosphere is gloomy, and something odd. No one was outside, all doors and windows are all closed. No familiar noises, only the silence. Up until now, they kept their footsteps from being heard. The streets are kind of hazy and cold too. It's already summer, but Xiumin can't sense any presence of energy around. It seems like the city was abandoned for a long time, he is becoming curious. Blessed fell asleep while they are walking through the terrain built in bricks. It was beautiful and horrifying too but this is what they expected. Chen remembered the map, his eyes slightly grew wide. He wanted to tell them about it but he is worried that those knight guards might chase them. So he just shoved away the thought about it. There was a name written in it, King Minseok's. 

For some reason, Chaerin's eyes are tearing up. It's not that she suddenly felt lonely or what. There's just something weird. It is very lonely. The silence makes your head explode in boredom. She glanced at Xiumin, he went closer to her and gave her his handkerchief. It was stained with his blood, but still can be use. They continued until they reached the market nearby. Finally, there are people in the streets, none of them had a single emotion. Everyone wore an expression of seriousness and no one is speaking. Only the sound of footsteps and breathing can only be heard all over the place. There was no trace of poverty, but Tao couldn't understand why they are constantly quiet. 

Chaerin's lips curved into frowning, the feeling of sorrow that's infecting her is getting worst. This might be something to do with the air circulating around the place. Tao moved closer to her and held her hand, he plastered a small smile. Telling her to relax and he won't let that mistake happen again. She nodded and looked back on the road. 

Xiumin and Chen remained quiet, even before he began thinking about this unusual place he smelled the scent of the sea. They are passing by in front of a small fish market. There were a lot of people but nothing could get weirder than the way they whisper to each other. No one is smiling. All of their expressions are just straight either blank. There are no laughter or happiness. They also met children playing in the streets, they are also mute like the first people that they saw. Their clothes are in white, decent and clean. There was no single trace or being poor of hungry in them. Tao approached one of them, and when he was about to ask him on what's happening Chen grabbed his arm and brought him away from them. His forehead curled into annoyance. Chaerin didn't looked at them, she just continued as they planned before.

They kept walking in solemn, they need to find a place to stay in before the night come. Xiumin is not totally comfortable in this place, the fact that people were emotionless and moves like puppets bothers him. His curiosity is sinking down to his throat that it blocks him from speaking. He can't help his eyebrows from furrowing, he can't imagine that this is the place where Blessed came from. The city's temperature is somehow changing consecutively. It cools down, warms up, moistens, and dries up. The rain falls down in every two hours too. 

After hours of walking and searching, they found a hotel to stay in. It was called, "Ennui". Chaerin felt disturbed by its name. Without a word, they stepped inside and went to the counter. The establishment is not that wide but it looks elegant and fine. It's pretty crowded but the atmosphere are still the same. People keep walking back and forth. Guests and staffs are whispering to each other. What a disgusting view for them. While Chen is inquiring at the front desk, a female staff walked towards to their direction. She bowed and moved closer to Tao. Chen is surprised but Xiumin remained composed throughout the whole time.

"Sir, good day. May I help you?" she whispered.

"Ah yes. May I have a room good for fi-." Tao replied in an average loudness but the woman put her forefinger at her lips and shook her head.

"Shhhh.." she reminded him. They just nodded and lowered their voices.

"Please gave us a room for five persons. If your curious about the excess one, it's just a space for our belongings." Xiumin takes over the conversation. She nodded, she went inside the counter and handed them a book and pen. She requested few information, Chen was the one to clear those up. The cashier lady gave them a key labeled ROOM 13. She quickly accompanied them to their designated room. 

As soon as they arrived to their room, Xiumin gave her a tip. She bowed down and left without a glimpse of smile. When Chen closed the door, Tao grinned bashfully and lied on the huge cushion bed. After hours of suffocating hike, they can finally move freely now. While he was dancing in joy, he saw that Chaerin is still wiping her tears away. He walked towards her and patted her head. She looked at him and frowned.

"Why are you still crying Chaerin?" Tao showed his concern. She grabbed her pen and paper and began writing.

"The wind is not just normal, believe me. It keeps getting into my eyes."

"Huh? really? But I don't feel anything in it. Did you just sniffed onions?" he chuckled. ButTao's short fun was cut, she was right.

"I thought I was the one who noticed it." Xiumin agrees as he sat down at the bed's corner.

"This place is abnormal." Chen commented.

The put all of their belongings on the floor, they took off their hoods and shoes. Finally after long hours of walking, they can rest and relax now. Chaerin quickly lied in bed and stretches her arms and legs. Xiumin got up to check their bag, but his monolid eyes grew wide as he wandered his sight around the room. Oh.

"Did you brought Blessed?" Chen asked him as he went towards. His eyes grew wide too as he saw nothing but the small one. The forgot the sleeping child who haven't had fresh air in hours. Tao got up and his mouth opened. Just how and why did they forgot her if she was the most important one? 

"I-I-I-I'm so-sorry." Xiumin stumbled as he apologized in a shaking voice.

"Your Highness what did you just-." Chen as he places his palm on his forehead. Chaerin gets up and looked to the three of them. Her expression became filled with shock.

"DID YOU JUST LEFT HER OUTSIDE MORONS?!" -she wrote very fast.

Tao, not being guilty shook his head and moved a distance away from Xiumin. He kept blinking his eyes, making a face of amusement and surprise. He knew that he is not at fault this time, but he will be surely be involved. None of them can escape Chaerin's red anger. She growled and quickly wore her shoes. She threw her back on the floor and shoved them as they stopped her from going out. Bursting in madness, she was able to push them away.

She opened the door and hurried through the long stairs until she reached the hallways. She went back to the place they were standing recently, the baggage wasn't there anymore. She got startled and began running without a proper direction. Few moments have passed, she shifted in walking because she was already tired and sleepy. She don't want to give up but her legs can't support her weight anymore. She finally stopped and sat down on floor. For a while, she watched the people passing by until she saw a  male staff walked by in front of her. He was carrying their baggage where Blessed is. 

Her eyes grew wide. She quickly rose up and followed it. The male staff is so fast that Chaerin is struggling to keep a pace. Three steps away from the bag, she suddenly grabbed it with her arms and tries to take it away. The staff noticed her and pushed her away from. But she's gripping very tightly in it, not even letting her hand slip for a second. Blessed woke up from the shaking, she had no idea why it suddenly became like that. There's no sound or voices that can be heard. 

"Give me back my-!" Chaerin shouted on her mind.

"Who is this idiot? Trying to steal our guest's baggage, huh?" the male staff fought back as he push

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter