Against Him

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Falling from the sky, they couldn't find where is the very strong presence coming from. Chaerin is so confused on their situation, she could see how the mountains near by shaking along with her. Tao was holding her with care and preventing her head from being hit by the violent air. Their distance from land is still far, Xiumin quickly reached Sehun's hand as he casted a spell to give him wings to protect the others that doesn't have an ability to fly.

"Spirit of Frea, lend me your flight. Give him temporary wings." Xiumin chanted as he pointed at Lay.

No one was shouting or screaming although the situation is full of tension and panicking. The time for preparing to meet a huge impact against their bodies is only short. The pace of their gravity is growing faster that expected. Tao called Lay and carefully gave Chaerin on him. He nodded and a pair of wings appeared on his back. When he gained a stable altitude to land, Xiumin immediately sent them away. Lay created a barrier to protect them as they parted.

"Hyung, hide into somewhere. Be safe, please." Sehun told them before letting them go.

Xiumin interlocked his fingers and drew a square and triangle in the air, Lay expression was filled with worrying and anxiety as they left. For the first few seconds, his back was aching, the weight of the wings are getting heavier than before. Tao told him to take control on it, and so he did. The two of them safely touched the ground and hurried towards a cave nearby to hide. The place is foggy than before, the shaking is getting stronger. He prayed that no one was around or living there. 

There were countless cracks on the drying soil, probably it haven't rained there for months. The leaves and branches of the trees were yellow and crisp. Life seemed to abandon it soon. Chaerin wondered here eyes and found nothing but landforms. Lay pulled her away from the cave's entrance to make sure that the enemy won't see them. Their heart are racing crazily, they had no idea about that mage. Only Sehun and Chen have already meet him. 

Tao and Chen continued from falling, but when the wind stopped from blowing them through the found themselves floating and stagnant. The time seemed to pause at that moment. Sehun looked at Tao and he quickly shook his head. He haven't used it since they rescued Lay, he is sure that he is not losing control to his powers. He never controlled time in an instance and careless decisions. They felt invisible grips on their limbs; the person had already taken the nature. It wrapped its arms firmly around to prevent them from moving. They tried resisting, but the force just became harsh and tight. 

Xiumin's eyes grew wide as he noticed a figure heading towards them in the middle of the disappearing fog. A silence full of tension came as it became visible. It was person, a man or maybe a boy. He was shorter than Sehun and Tao. His entire face and body was covered by a long robe. He went towards them like he was walking on a flat terrain. The aura became disturbing and scarier than before. Lay sneaked out to read his life force, he stumbled when he saw that it was beyond and closest to immortality. Chaerin was about to ran closer, but he stopped her and told to stay where she was. 

They remembered what Sehun said right after the cloud was destroyed by that person. His strength are beyond everyone of them, Chen is unsure if they can make it. 

The first guardian with the supreme powers met their way. It wasn't an accident; he really wanted to see them. Just when he commanded everything to calm down, it quickly followed him. He is a fearsome mage, a person who can destroy a whole continent in a moment. Tao's hands balled into fists, he glared and looked at him. He nodded and approached without a word of breaths.

"Who are you?" Tao asked with a blatant gesture as the person freed him from being restrained. His expression seemed to be unshakeable but deep inside, this is the first time he was frightened to a fellow mage. His presence is terrifying. Sehun kept an eye on him, he couldn't believe that he would face him one day. He never wished to meet him in the battlefield.

"Where is she?" the person responded with a direct question. His voice was deeper and calm. Chen's eyebrows furrowed, he knew that it's about Blessed not to anyone of them. 

"I told you not to interfere." Sehun interrupted their conversation filled with tides of anger.

"You are never in the list of my business. Again, where is she?" he looked at Sehun. The younger looked away while grimacing. Lay and Chaerin witnessed how he was holding back his aggressiveness. 

Tao figured out what he must do. He began buying some chance to let his comrades prepare and summon their spells. He kept displaying smirks and amusements on his expression, he can't promise to be like this for the rest of the day. His knees are shaking underneath his pants. This fellow guardian can make them bow their heads without consent. There force inside of him are seeping from the tips of his fingers. Xiumin was curious about his face, age and what country did he came from.

"Where is she?" he was always replying a single question.

"I thought we have already done a contract." Sehun boasted as he finished summoning his group of whirlwinds that can cut through anything. He braced himself, this will not be an easy trouble to get out. 

"Contract? I never signed to any contract. Now, let's be precise. Tell me where is she?" the man slightly shook his head. None of them could see his expression or even a skin of him.

"Told you, not now." Sehun stared at him with eyes of a burning flame and sharper than daggers. The person chuckled and went towards him. As soon as he moved his foot, Xiumin disappeared from the atmosphere.

The ease of the situation dissolved along with the giant ice spikes erecting from the ground. It began attacking him relentlessly. Those were so fast that Tao and Chen began having a hard time running away. The gravity gained its possession again and they fell down. They quickly rose up and shouted at Lay's group not to sneak out of their safe place. Chaerin grabbed her accompany and they went at the deepest part of the place. They only stopped when they barely hear the sounds of explosion from the outside.

Chaerin began crying as she collapses. Lay embraced her and pats her back. 

"We'll be fine Chaerin-ah." he told her with his pulse racing in nervousness. The first guardi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter