Chasma

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blessed squirmed at the pain dwelling deeper on her heart. Still alone on that room, no one came to see her until night completely fell down along with the rain. Silence occurred for long hours, the darkness has replaced the daylight in the sky. The thunder continued rolling in the air, crunching sound of it echoed throughout the place. She can still remember the way that Chaerin waved and said goodbye to her, it was beautiful yet a tragedy. Her weak and faint presence is no longer felt within the household, she truly vanished from this world. 

She may not be able to witness how she left, but she is sure that she is really gone. The suffocating sensation is hammering on her chest, tears wouldn't stop gushing from her eyes. Blessed can't accept the way she departed, this is not the way that is on justice. No one have said a word about it, none of them even told her about the strange flames that she saw today. Or about Tao's abnormal behavior and tremendous strength, the confusion is becoming more complex and tangled. The silhouette, Sehun's sudden disappearance and the gradual flow of time.

After moments of embracing the truth that astounded her, Blessed finally dried those tears and got up from her bed. She walked towards the window pain and watched the pencil lines in the sky. The weather's mood is filled with anger but yearning too, like it was finding someone that it can't be mad to. The strobe lights hit her face, her mind turned blank and floated. She fell on her knees and became bewildered at the stormy sky. She reminisced the voice that ponders one question- who are you?

When the clock strike twelve, midnight arrives. She was still sat down on the floor and staring at the wall, thinking about nothing. Blessed lost the reason to continue the expedition, she don't want to move out from this place anymore. She can't feel anything and her senses seemed to die along with her soul. She doesn't know if she is still alive or a human like before. The color of her eyes shifted into pit of blank loneliness. The shadow of the fluttering curtain continued to dance like people in a festival. The wind blew stronger and colder, even her toes wouldn't move an inch. 

She was leaning against the floor and trying to fix herself, she continued to tell herself that Chaerin is still alive and beside her. Blessed knew that this is a very delusional and false way to heal her crimpled paper heart. She don't understand it, not even a single answer for this things wouldn't come out. She wanted to put herself to a long sleep, but her eyes won't close for a minute. The silence stopped when a knocking sound was heard from the door of her room. She stared at it for a while until her body stood up without a command. 

Lay's unreadable expression showed as she pulled the knob, he won't smile as he used to be. Blessed looked at the floor as she recognizes him, the healer moved closer and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. Without any further words to express how she felt from waking up, he understands her so much. He gently her disheveled hair and pats her back. The warmth of his hands reminded her of being alive is great and survival is the only solution to keep on. She glanced at him and tried to paint a small smile on her lips, but she failed. Instead she hugged him too and buried her head on his chest. 

Blessed's emotional stress is quickly retreating and recovering at that moment. Lay was always there to comfort and reminding her the gratitude of life. It might be hard to cope in, but giving up is not on the list of their choices. There are so much people who sacrificed for this dream and prophecy, no efforts and hard work must go to waste. He plastered a cheerful smile and held her face, planting a damp kiss on her forehead. He expressed his loyalty at her by keeping his hands on her cheeks. He won't let her fall apart, he will always save her. Even if the highest price shall be paid in exchange of staying by her side, he will bargain his entire self. 

Lay stepped away and bent his knees in front of her, his pose resembles a servant giving honoraries to his or her master. Blessed was surprised that she quickly requested him to stand up, but he didn't followed her. Her eyebrows furrowed into embarrassment because she thought that she doesn't deserved a something as this. She grabbed his hand and forced him to get up, but he just hugged her and swore an oath of being one of her guardians. 

"Lay..." she muttered softly.

"Your Highness only owns me from the bottom of my heart up to the last strand of my hair." he declared. 

"You don't have to-."

"Even if everyone in here leaves your rightful side and your intentions, I will never abandon you." he harshly said.

"Lay, listen to me." she called.

"Blessed, don't cry anymore. I am going to protect and take care of you." his words hit her heart wider than she anticipated. 

"If that's your wishing, then it can't be helped. Zhang Yixing, you are free to follow what your conscience dictates upon your decisions." she responded. Because of his endless persistence, Blessed gave him the permission to be her knight. 

Lay bowed his head lowly with his heart filled with determination. Blessed stood up and guaranteed him a harmonious relationship that he yearns. With a smile, he reached her hand and stood up on his feet as he looked up at her with eyes of adoration and strong desire to fulfill his promise. She nodded as an agreement to his pure intentions, she then realized that there's no way to stop what they had started. 

With or without Sehun, with or without Chaerin, with or without someone the journey must go even if worse things happen. Even if the waves of winter attempts on crushing them, they won't stop until the prophecy is accomplished. Blessed can feel that the Mama are always watching her and waits for the day that they will meet. She is sure that she will make her words true, for she can't lie neither deceive her people. 

Another morning came, the storm has stopped and the we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter