A Heart to be Freed

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She woke up with eyes filled with realization, with fully understanding deeper than before. A lot happened that there's no way she can explain any of it anymore. Her head was still aching a little that she couldn't get up properly. The traces of naivety on her expression disappeared as she leaned towards the wall. She bended towards herself and wrapped her arm around her knees. A sigh came out when she saw Hyunseung patiently waiting for her to regain consciousness. He was worried and anxious about her, he had the natural reaction of an affected friend. He quickly became as their stare meets. He rose up from the chair in front of the bed and leaned forwards as he hastily cups her face. He blushed in anger and was holding back his words for a while. He don't want to be harsh on her, although she lied when she told him that she was doing fine. He wouldn't believe her pretending anymore, he wouldn't be composed anymore. 

Blessed sighed and held his hands as her head fell lower. She plastered a smile for him, but it only made him frown. She didn't said a word, silence occurred between the two of them. Hyunseung moved a little closer and place his forehead next to hers. At the count of three, he hit her in the skull to lessen his anger towards her. She grimaced in surprise and pain as she stepped out from bed and searched for an available ice bag. Her friend only laughed at her as he watches her cover her face in embarrassment. Hyunseung stood up and said that she was a bad liar that her act ended up looking stupid and astounding everyone in the class. He also told her that they were worried yet they couldn't cut their attendance because it is currently a makeup season. Summer is the only time where students in their university have the opportunity to fix their marks by getting through remedial. She tried to talk back, but her friend became stubborn and didn't accepted her excuses. He thought she was going be confined and stay longer in the hospital. He was so worried that he secretly cried while she was in sleep. 

The first thing that she remembered is that she left her bag in school and it made her wince. Hyunseung hit her again in the head and scolded her. He told her to get some rest and quit being the great pretender even though no one buys her act. He pushed her back to the bed and forced her to lie down. He said there's nothing to worry because he will fetch it back later. He also joked about her bag must be full of gold or treasure that's why she is so worrying about it. Blessed shook her head and said that nothing peculiar was actually stored in it, it's just that she can't stop studying even though being hospitalized.

He picked up an apple from the basket and threw it at her. Hyunseung notified Blessed that her mother already came to see her, but she still inside her shift and can't leave the work hanging. It didn't offended her rather made her down, she understands Mrs. Lee. She was even ashamed how much she made her mother waited and suffered from depression because the family that she did her best to cultivate fell into ruins. But all that happened never made her give up, instead she never stopped hoping to be with them again. She waited patiently as everyone, she endured the longing and loneliness. She was a very strong woman and deserves a happy ending. She was the best person that she ever met in her entire life. She began wondering if Luhan is still thinking of their mother, she wanted to know how he really feel. It was a selfish decision that hurt a lot of people, they were manipulated and memories were altered.

Hyunseung sat down alongside with her as he decided to tell her one more thing that she should know. The reason why Mrs. Lee never mentioned Chaerin is because she is in the hospital and in comatose. She was unconscious for years and no one had the idea when she is going to wake up again. A sad truth, because she was considered as a living dead depending on machines and medical support. She didn't even moved an inch or gave a response like she had stopped living and becoming herself. The past years came by with loss and unanswered questions. No one knows what is exactly her condition and what really happened on her body. Nothing was functioning expect her heart and brain. The rest of her organs stopped working as if they had their own will. Her name was hoarded from the files of the hospital as Mrs. Lee requested. The excuse was a long and indefinite hiatus from everything. The smile on Blessed's lips disappeared, Hyunseung apologized for making her sad but she rejected his sympathy and thanked him.

"It's fine, I'm glad that I found out what happened on her. Thank you, Hyunseung." 

Kris was the first one to reach the hospital, he stood up by the gates and wandered his eyes at the surrounding. He was observing if the others have already arrived, and still they haven't. He proceed inside and went upstairs to see Chaerin. Luhan commanded him to get her out of the room and bring her at the rooftop at the time they are going to be gathered there. As he arrives there, there was a room numbered in twenty three with a heavily tinted glass door and window. Some eyes were driven at his direction, but he just ignored them. Some nurses began to worry about the patient lying there because they thought he was a bad person who is going to steal the person from inside. One of the hospital staffs walked towards him and asked him if he already made an appointment to see the patient, but again he just ignored him and opened the door. The tension rose when he made it inside. They called the and notified about it. 

There, Chaerin was lying helplessly in the bed and surrounded by machines and instruments linked to her body. According to the monitors, her heartbeat and breathing is normal and moderate. She wasn't eve moving although Kris had called her name. He went towards her and touched her forehead, his friend looks miserable and weak compared from their last meeting. He was slightly saddened by her condition. They suddenly stopped, the beeping sound of the machines suddenly stopped. He pulled them all away from her and shoves the blanket wrapped around her body. He lifted her up and carried, he opened the door and they walked throughout the hallways. The staff and nurses shouted in panic and surprise as they saw them passing by, the guards rushed at that floor but when they were about to block the way time pauses. No one was moving except them and Blessed. Her eyes grew wide when she noticed that Hyunseung suddenly became frozen and the clock was not moving as if its hands were darted. Realizing that the Guardians have come there, she went out and rushed upstairs until she reaches the rooftop. She became eager to meet them.

She heard a voice that called her name twice. Her fingers began shaking until it moves, The black view of everything slowly turned into a ceiling and lights. She felt air gushing through her cheeks. When she opened her eyes, she saw a smiling friend that was staring at her for a while. They were walking upstairs and head into somewhere. She pronounced his name, he chuckled and said that she said it wrong. She only demure when she realized that it's been years since she was able to move on her own body. It feels good, yet she can tell that something to mourn is going to happen. There was a mixture of sadness and gladness inside her heart, but she can't tell why it both feels heavy. 

Kris and Chaerin unintentionally meet Tao and Kai on their way. The two Guardians are also heading there. They looked into each other's eyes and gave each side sharp stares. They were about to run towards the Twelfth Guardian when a barrier blocked them and prevented them from getting closer. No one smiled and all wears a serious expression. Tao glanced at Chaerin who was resting in Kris' arms, she avoided him and buried her face on his shoulder. The other party became aware that she had something to do with all that happened. Knowing that she is also connected with Luhan and shares a mutual relationship makes their blood boil at the sound of her name. It's not they have considered her as  a traitor or liar, she hoarded something and keep it. They knew that she don't have a plan telling them at all, and that fact makes them a little angry at her. While Chanyeol and D.O. still believes and sees her as a friend, the way that Tao sees her changed at that moment. She became a threat that dresses as a sheep and helpless person when she knew all of it. She didn't became the victim of alteration and manipulation although she slept a very long time. 

Tao's hands balled into fist as he insisted on breaking Kris' barrier, and so he succeeds. Being the Fifth became an advantage to overcome his attempt on holding them back. The barrier disappeared and he walked faster towards as he commanded him to bring down Chaerin. Without a complaint, he followed him and freed her from his arms. She stood in front and the hem of her long hospital gown along with her feet touched the ground. They caught each other's stare and became lost at words. She can tell that he is mad because of what she have done. She went towards and wrapped her thin arms around his torso. She whispered an apology in his chest, but didn't shed a tear. He looked at her, but it's not the same anymore. It all changed in that moment, Tao realized that he is no longer in awe of Chaerin. He loves her out of pity and compassion, but not the attraction anymore. He bit his lower lip and tried holding what he feels inside.

"What is this?" Kai asked Kris.

"I'm sorry, but I was told to not let you two get closer to Blessed." he responded with calmness.

"It's Luhan again, am I right?" he snorted and smirked as his expression of amusement.

"The reason is not important anymore." he smiled back.

"I don't care whatever he thinks of, I just wanted to see Blessed." Kai sighed in frustration.

"Why? Why are you still trying to be with her?" Kris wondered.

"Me? I'm not the only one. We're on the same boat, as everyone too." he walked passed by him. Kris was astonished by his answer because it was true. 

Tao gently pushed Chaerin away as he follows Kai. His lips curved into a smile as he kisses her on the forehead. After whispering the farewell for the only woman that broke his heart, he left and disappeared at her sight. She was bewildered as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter