Rainbow at the End of the Clouds

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

When everything was affected by the blackout, the vivid orange fire burst along with his voice. The manor shattered into pieces and some were injured. His home got brushed off along with his consciousness. He dreamt of it, and he woke up finding himself lying on a white hospital bed. The scent of fresh jasmine and stale air dwelled upon that room. The soft rays of daylight gently passed by through the window and hit his eyes. His flesh felt tender and raw, he looked at his hands and they were wrapped in bandages. He wandered his eyes around and saw no one beside him. The plain silence occurred for a while, it's been three days since it happened. 

When history repeats itself, he cannot forget what he saw before his eyes shuts. The people who served him with pure loyalty were lying on the floor and calling his name. They continued to believe that he is going to save them, even though he just stood there in surprise. The pain returned along with the memories that he don't want to remember anymore. The feeling is terrible and the taste in his mouth remained bitter. He shoved the blanket away and tried to get up, but his bones are aching. It was a peaceful morning where the entire Light City functions on its default state. 

Baekhyun heard the chirping of the birds and the creaking of a tree near his room. He felt like his muscles are cramped and succumbed into exhaustion, he wondered if he received a surgery before waking up. The wind is gently gushing through, his sight was vague for a while. He lied back on the bed and rested his head on the pillow. He released and sigh and closed his eyes. There was a footstep heading towards the room, he fixed his posture as pretend to be asleep. He adjusted his blur senses to tell whom is the person. 

The person had to snuck and check if he haven't awaken. He slowly opened the door and carefully closed it. He walked towards his bed and put on the blanket. He seemed to be smiling and glad that Baekhyun is doing fine despite of continuous resting. He pulled a wooden chair and sat down beside him, he stared at him for a while and observes. 

Baekyun became uncomfortable, so he stopped playing asleep and opened his eyes. He saw Suho in front of him, with eyes filled with gladness. He couldn't see anything negative in his presence. Hence, he was so calm and soft. He greeted him with niceness and helped him to leaned at the cupboard of his bed. He swallowed and looked at him again, the atmosphere between the two of them turned stiff. They avoided initiating conversation, but they ended up talking with each other.

"I am glad that you have awaken." Suho begins.

"Yes." he said without looking back.

"How are you feeling?" he wondered.

"Of course I feel lousy and unpleasant. Imagine being inside a place that exploded and in fire." he flatly said.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. By the way, you are officially one of us. Miss Blessed apologizes for giving you a mark without permission." one of Baekhyun's eyebrows raised.

"What do you mean by that mark?" he interrogated. 

"It's one of necessary ceremony for all of us to become a genuine Guardian." he explained.

"So where it is?" he asked.

"At the palm of your hands." Suho stood up and helped him take off the bandage. The wounds and burn have healed, although they left marks and scars he was thankful that he was alive. As soon as the last strand was removed, he slowly turned his hand to see. His anticipation fell to the lowest when he finally saw the mark of Light City there. It's not that he is disappoint, but why does it feels like that events are passing by so fast. He haven't seen anyone of his servants, he began to worry about them at that moment.

Suho opened the compartment of the table beside Baekhyun and picked up a unopened letter. At the back of it, Taeyeon's cursive signature was written. His forehead wrinkled into wondering what could possibly he would read and what is that for. He remained silent until he finished scanning each letter and handwriting that he recognized. Tears fell from the corner of his eyes, it was farewell from a friend that he had. She thanked him for everything, and now she is heading to her old town. The place where she truly belongs, she is now on a journey searching for her relatives. 

Baekhyun's hands balled into fists as he take over his emotions. He is trying not to express how sad he is, once again he felt empty. He lost his brother, his parents, his friends and now her. But instead of a frown, the former viscount painted a smile on his lips. He was glad that Taeyeon finally found the reason to be free. He glanced at Suho and asked why it was him that Blessed had chosen. The fellow said that his own body accepted her, even every drop of his blood wants to serve her. His eyes fell low as he shook hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter