Labyrinth of Fate

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Memories is something that you can't trust because it was an element that can be manipulated. It is a something that can be erased or rewritten. Also, it's a weapon against past and future. It is a something that is not easy to prove real or made up when everyone couldn't recall it at the back of their minds. It's a dangerous power that can bring back nightmares or daydreams. It is a something that you can treasure or throw away. Forgotten or not, remembered or not, removed or not, they consists of different pictures and voices. A type of consciousness that only humans had unlike other species. A special ability that was given only to humans, a dangerous matter. 

She knew she was sleeping, she knew that she was falling from the above up to this very moment. She can't open her eyes neither to breathe in. Blessed is aware of her surroundings, she is still at the atmosphere. She concentrated on listening but she heard nothing but the wind. The wind that was coming from south is continuously blowing against her, lifting her clothes and hair. Memories, they are finally being revived from nowhere. Pieces of her consciousness are returning in her heart and mind, she is alive and not dreaming. The dried and cold sensation on her skin is genuine, it is not just another illusion. It is real and not from the enemies, this is from the Mama. The woman she is going to meet sooner. 

Blessed heard El Dorado at the back of her mind, this must be the place that the voice has said earlier. She wondered if this is the end of her journey in the World of Exo. Blank mind, blank sight, projection of old pictures appeared there. Her quiet heart began pounding her chest as a hand interlocked with her fingers. There is a person beside her and he was holding her firmly. He is there although he is saying nothing but a smile forming in his lips. He had returned to be reunited with her because they only had one heart and soul. He was her other half, he was the one holding the rest of her true memories. A dream or not, she opened up herself to accept it. 

The blank and empty view shifted into a horizon of winter. All around was covered in white and frost. Everyone is wrapped in thick clothing and scarves. You can see children playing at the yard or outside, they are building snowman or snowballs. It was a very calming day, there was nothing to do except from watching the snow falling from the sky. From the veranda, Blessed's lips curved into a small smile she was dreaming of a something that she doesn't know. She sighed and placed her hands under her chin, thinking and thinking about it. 

Her hands are small and clothed in carnation pink gloves and her neck is covered in baby blue scarf. It was very cold as the news has predicted. From a distance, a boy who was the same age as her waved cheerfully at her. Blessed chuckled and waved back with her short arms. The person beside surprised her and he laughed aloud. Her forehead wrinkled into wondering who he is and why does he knew her. He was taller than her, he had eyes of a stainless heart but she can't see his face. His voice echoed, his smile appeared from the vague view. She had to pause of a while to recognize him, the boy shook his head and pouted then he finally called her named. 

"Jieun, what's the matter? Why are you crying?" the young boy's glassy eyes grew wide. 

"Jieun? Who is Jieun?" Blessed stared at him.

"Huh, what are you saying? Are you spacing out again? Hey, tell me what are you thinking. Are you worried about Chaerin-unni again? Mother said that she is coming home tomorrow. I wonder if she was having fun in the field trip." he sighed and leaned at her shoulder. 

"Why is your head heavy?" she asked flatly.

"Eh? Out of all things that you can notice, it's really my head?" he was surprised by her empty reaction. 

"Why is your hair brown? Did you dyed it?" she continued asking.

"Why would a nine-year old dye his hair?" he rolled his eyes and giggled.

"Then who are you, and why are you here?" she glanced at him.

"What are you saying? Jieun I am Luhan your brother." he snorted and laughed again. 

Blessed's eyes grew wider at his face, it was really him. She pushed him and took few steps away while shaking her head. She was surprised and astonished, also frozen and confused. The view shifted into darkness again, that's right she remembered her name. Lee Jieun. That's how everyone called her when she was in her original world. That's how Chaerin and Luhan- her siblings called her. She was from a different world that mages didn't existed, where normal things in the World of Exo is considered abnormal in there.

Trains, chimneys, cars, commercial buildings, school, telephones and computers. All of them are on her world, she was a human and so everyone does. She remembered it, she knew them all. Faces of people she had already met before she came to the World of Exo. A mage tampered her memories in order to keep her innocence and existence. Blessed now understands why she was chosen out of all people living here. She looked up at the light orb dancing around the darkness and walked towards it. She slowly tried to touch it and she was able to hold it. She embraced it and closed her eyes, her consciousness has been half-filled. 

Tao's injury healed in an instant. He no longer need a cast or bandage. Only him and the three fellows were awake. Blessed and the rest were sleeping soundly as if they were in a comfortable bed. Wu Yifan's siblings are nowhere to be found, even the hut disappeared at the blink of an eye. But what made them surprised is to see Luhan lying next to her, he wasn't wearing a robe or a mask. His face was revealed in a daylight. His defenseless persona resembles a frail child. He seemed to be younger than the time they met him. Gladly, no one was hurt or harmed. D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter