Bewildered

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          

The wooden floors are shaking along with the shattering glass windows and door. Cracks started to form in each walls and pillars of the ship. The lower deck is in the critical situation, one of the walls that are protecting them collapsed. Flooding the main engines and the whole place. As soon as the water reached the power generator the ship finally stopped moving. The freezing wind grew stronger than before. It was a stormy night without rain. The snow falling from the sky became heavy. 

The nature was angry, it seemed like to pour it's wrath on the passengers of the lone ship. People grew more hysterical and pathetic as time passes by. They had began pushing each other against the rails. Some fell from the second and third decks. Blessed couldn't see anything, it was so dark. She could hear people around screaming and crying for help. Shouts, cussing and begging too. That place is going to be destroyed in the next few moments.

Those panicking is making her anxious, her mind was blank. She is trying to think of a solution, but the disturbing noise kept echoing in her ears. Hands, feet, shoulders, she could feel the fear of this people. They can't move, the hallways are clogged with them. Blessed's hands are shaking, a lump formed in . She wanted to shout and call Sehun's name, but in this situation not even the loudest voice are can be heard. She became afraid, thinking about the worst. What will happen next? Will they be able to survive? How long will this suffocation last? So many questions are running on her mind, but none of them she could ask herself. It is a total ruckus. 

Sehun stopped for a while and thought of a solution on how to find Blessed. he exhaled and calm down his mind. He was quiet until he found another passage. He doesn't know if this idea will be effective, but he hoped that he will be able to see her soon. Sprinting, he took the different way and casted a spell on his eyes and sense of smell. It may be weird but this may work. He knew her scent, he encountered it when he resuscitate her. But in the beginning of his quest, he meet the crowd and they had began their escape. The first deck has been already sunken. 

The people in Blessed's place suddenly became few. As soon someone there lit up his lamp, she quickly moved her legs and began running towards their cabin. She was worried, what if Sehun hasn't awaken? What if he is still asleep? She was praying for his safety. On her way, a pillar nearby fell. Thank goodness, she was able to avoid it. Not wasting the time left, she hurried went there. As she opened her door, her heart was breaking. Her breathing became heavier, she was not sure. She was surprised and relieved at the same time, he wasn't there anymore. She was glad to know that he was already away. 

She walked inside but when she was about to save some of her important belongings, water has began flooding the deck. She shouted and stumbled, but she was able to collect herself quickly. She felt sad to see her clothes being drenched but she had to forget it because being safe for now is the priority. Leaving them, she began running again. She noticed that the flood is rising, so she rushed to the third deck, at the stairs that is going to break soon. She inhaled and finally the lump disappeared, she can hear her voice again despite of few screaming around. 

"Sehun! Sehun! Sehun!" she called him with a very loud voice. 

She kept calling him while running in the halls, but none responded. She became upset, frowning formed on her lips. But she can't stop, she need to save herself at least and a person like him, she knew he would survive because he had this wind power. By that moment, a pound of hope fueled her heart. She continued running even though the water slows her steps down. She must get out of this place, whatever happens.

 

Sehun tried to take the way downstairs, he could hear screams from there. There were still people that are trapped and they need help. He knew that this will take some of his time in finding Blessed but he can't stand seeing them called for rescue. This is a gamble, he only knew few water spells and it is not even his forte. Giving it all, he casted it and the water was suddenly parted in half. The startled crew members were all startled as they looked at him. They were amazed and surprised at the same time. This was their first time encountering a real mage. 

Sehun took a deep breath and shouted at them to be quick because he can't hold the raging flood anymore. Thankfully, they immediately followed him and they all hurriedly went upstairs. As they got there, the water is already at the chest level. Only few moments are remaining, this ship will sink. 

 

As Blessed continued to find Sehun, she suddenly heard a child's voice. A young girl, she was calling her mother. So she stopped and searched for her. She headed to the next stairs, and she found her. She was there, weeping and alone. Her clothes were drenched in the icy-cold water. She was trembling in fear. There were a lot of people around her, but no one helped. She walked towards her and called her, but she didn't responded. She just cried aloud.

"Mommy! Mommy!" she repeatedly called.

She exhaled and grabbed her hand, the young girl was surprised to see her. Blessed remembered herself in her, she was once alone too back then. There was no one to help her and people kept ignoring her call. This child don't deserve to die helplessly in this messed place, so she picked her up and ran upstairs while hoping to make it in time. As they made it at the last deck, they saw people struggling to get in the small boats. Some are falling from their place, it was a disturbing scene. Some passengers were hurting each other just to survive, it was awful. The little girl kept crying while she is struggling to find an escape. If only her powers were not sealed they might be able to get out eas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter