A Penny For The Phoenix

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She stared at the creature that had flown towards the horizon. The creature and human with the wings headed north and disappeared as the sun has completely risen. Her own two bare and pair of eyes witnessed how he shifted into a unknown being. It became a mystery to Blessed, for she only saw him for the first time. She was surprised and bewildered that a such thing is existing. Yifan is in the boundary of unknown and unknown. He could be a bird with a gene of a human, but his traits shows that he is a pure human. But why is the wind will always came along with this form of his? In that moment, she thought it was just her imagination but she was wrong. What she saw is real and genuine. 

He had claws, he had scales in his skin. His complexion turned into a mixture of orange and green. Blessed then remembered what resembled Yifan the most. It was the dragon. Dragons only existed thousand years ago since the World of Exo was formed. The living entity before humans came from the hands of Papa. They were the group and kind that protected the Mama before the Guardians are established. They were powerful and capable of wielding the elements especially fire and wind. They were the ones that watched the world until humans came and greed devoured each other. 

When human began the revolution against dragons, it was a history of bloodshed. It was a season where summer became worse than the last year. It is said that it was the deed of the inhuman creatures why the streams and fields experienced extreme drought. They suspected the first entity and planned on annihilating them. On the first night of the winter, it all happened. Dragons are supposed to hibernate during cold days to restore their bodies and power. Humans ambushed their caves and burned them with hundred torches. Some even beheaded them with ancient swords and weapons. It was a horrible fate and ending for the first creatures.

Some dragons were able to survive the extermination, but they were heavily injured. Many of them died in fire and stabbing. The bodies of the dead were buried under snow and soil near the graves. They were despised without a valid and acceptable reason. They wondered why the Mama allowed it to happen. They began hiding into faraway place and higher mountains that is not easy to climb and visit. Since that day, they were never seen at the sky and humans thought that they are completely wiped out.

Dragons consulted the Mama about the problem, but she said nothing because she was very old and frail. None of them knew how to fix it and stop the humans from continuous slaughtering their kind until everyone is gone. They also called for Papa, but nothing responded. They helplessly left the Tree of Life and decided to fight for the right to live in peace. It was a war, a platform that will decide who will own the World of Exo. They lost the pity for humans and blew fire on their houses. The destroyed their castles and towers. They shed no mercy and kindness towards them. A lot died in vain, as expected.

But the result is unbelievable, because the dragons whose are giants and more powerful were defeated. In an instant, they were killed by the first mage that appeared on that time. It was undefined if it was a man or a woman, but it had Telekinesis and it can move anything. The person easily destroyed their heads and hearts. Everyone looked at the human that wields a supernatural power. It was amazing and disturbing at the same time. No one survived, except the youngest dragon that was born on that day. He was hidden into somewhere safe and was never seen anymore. Since that time, those mythical creatures turned into book characters and epic. 

Blessed gazed upon the sky where Yifan had flown. With eyes filled with glistening surprise and curiosity, she stumbled and felt someone behind that caught her back. It was Daiyu, he was wondering why she went out without saying. His forehead wrinkled as he put his hands on his waist, short and utter silence occurred. He sighed and she frowned and her head fell low. Daylight had completely showered everyone and a lot of people had already awaken to start their lives once again. It was a peaceful morning with the scent of green and air of coolness. The small flowers and plants danced in the wind coming from the east. 

"Where have you been?" Daiyu asked in a slightly rising tone. He took few steps towards her as tilted his head to see her gloomy expression.

"Oh, it's nothing." she shrugged and plastered a forced smile.

"Baekhyun is worried about you. So I head out and thought you are here and I am surprised that you are. What are you doing here? This is where wolves are dwelling here." he said with a little irritation.

"Wolves?" Blessed glanced at him with a puzzled expression.

"Yes, this may be an urban place, but believe me this is also a rural place too." Daiyu sighed.

"Why?" she muttered.

"What's with that question? Of course that's it. We're the lowest slums of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter