Again

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone quickly lied on the floor and covered their heads with their hands. The wind grew stronger as the next few minutes passes by. The island was shaking, the wooden pillars of the cabin that Chen built are forming cracks. The windows panes are shattering into pieces. The door were already been blown away by the monstrous mood of the nature. Their belongings flew away along with the roof of the place. Dust and drops of water were stuck against their skin. Their clothes will be torn off sooner, if this keeps on. It took a moment and concentration to one's eyes. 

Xiumin was about cast a spell, but his hat flew away along with his cardigan. He tried to get it, his hands slipped from the wall. Gladly, Tao was able to catch him even before he was harmed. Struggling to the weather's intentional abnormality, Lay created a barrier that will protect them from the things that may hit their heads for a while. Blessed wished that it would end up quickly. 

Tao wrapped his right arm around Chaerin's waist to keep her. Chen held Blessed's head firmly while Xiumin was spotting a chance to make an ice wall. Lay did his best to keep the barrier that dodges the flying stones, trees and everything on the island. No one knows what is cause of the sudden turbulence, but Chen is certain that person has came back to bring some more trouble. 

Tao's heart was pounding like the stormy sea because of the indescribable presence. Blessed was still struggling to get the chest pain away. She couldn't breathe like that person was manipulating the air in her lungs. She began choking while gripping tightly onto Chen's shirt. She won't be able to keep her consciousness sooner. It's like he is commanding her body to shut down against her will. She wanted to call his name, but a lump formed on . Her knees were slowly giving her weight up. Chen held her with both of his arms. Worrying and anger were stirring up in his soul. 

Chaerin saw Chen's mixed emotions. Her eyes were stuck on his expression. He is ready to beat that person to death once he saw him. She felt afraid and distrusting him. This man is aggressive than she encountered him last time. She was terrified at the way he hold his angers. She frowned and reached his hand that was holding the other friend. She was about to speak a silent sentence when Lay suddenly glanced to them in the middle of the struggle.

"What did you just saw Chen?!" Lay shouted, his forehead were curled into wondering and worrying. He is afraid to admit that his barrier wasn't stronger than before because he was still exhausted from last night.

"They are the people who hunted us before." Chen responded with a very loud voice. The seriousness on his face didn't changed.

"Hunted before? What do you-" he wasn't able to finish his question because the tornado got stronger and has completely destroyed their shelter. All of their eyes grew wide as they watched every part of it disappeared in the roaring air. 

Startled. Horrified. Blessed doesn't know how to describe what is happening. She pressed her head harder against Chen's burning chest in anger. The pain can collapse her anytime.

As the tornado drew nearer, a dagger has been thrown at Tao's direction. Blessed saw the incoming attack without looking. She suddenly pushed Chen away and took out a dagger to dodge it. When the sharp's tip touched the protective invisible wall, Lay's concentration disappeared. The barrier dissolved and he fell down on the grassy ground.

Tao's helped Lay to stand him. It's Xiumin shift to protect the group now. He exhaled deeply and relaxed his feet there. He carefully started to build a wall made of ice. But he wasn't able to finish it, because in only seconds, the second wave of attack arrived.  it only lasted for. Hundred dagger were thrown at their direction.

His frozen wall quickly breaks and they lied back down. Tao and Chen did their best to protect the girls. Xiumin just ignored what happened and continued building a protection even though it kept collapsing because of the unstoppable unseen enemy. Blessed picked up one of the dagger shot on the ice. She wielded it against its fellow, her eyes grew wide as she witnessed how it cut through the blade. She learned why Xiumin's wall can't stand a chance. 

She looked at them and tried to stop Xiumin because he was just wasting his life force onto it. But he smiled and politely pushed her behind him. The insane tornado continued ruining the whole place, the wind was coming from all directions. Chen pulled her away from him. She frowned and glance at Chaerin who was watching her since the disturbing wind came. She just shook her head and looked down while their hair are being dishelved and filled with dirt. Their staring at each other was cut when Tao burst into annoyance. Despite of having a hard time to breathe, he was able to shout at the top of his healthy lungs. 

"What should we do?! The heck girly Sese!" Tao exclaimed, he finally called the culprit behind this turbulence.

"I-I don't know. Stay calm. Chen have you already prepared yourself?" Xiumin responded as they began stepping backwards.

"I-I can strike them, but if I do it now, we'll be hit too. He will really won't stop. I don't understand what he really wanted." Chen said with a flat tone. Chaerin turned around and saw a figure heading towards them. Her eyes grew wide as she began crying in fear. Tao her head.

"Please let me go. I'm the only one he wanted. I don't want anyone of you to get hurt." Blessed insisted as she tried to free herself from Chen's arms. But he just held her tighter so that she can't move anymore. They continued stepping back while pulling her forcefully. It was against his will, but he had no choice. He doesn't want her to hurt like before. He don't want to see her being weak and unconscious like before. He had sworn his whole life to protect her all the time, even if it cost his dignity and everything. He is not frightened to die for her. He won't let him take her away from them. 

After a moment of hardship, the wind stopped from blowing everything away and calmed down. It went back to its normal pace. They can finally keep their eyes open without a dirt or dust getting in it. They wandered their heads around, nothing was left except the six of them. Everything has been washed out. The only belonging that has been left were the clothes they are wearing, which was been also ruined with dirt and stains. 

Tao let Chaerin go. She quickly ran towards Blessed and hugged her on the neck. Maybe they are already done breaking everything they had. Lay wished that it would be the last one.

"We'll be fine. Don't be afraid. Please stop crying." Blessed brushed the tangled hair away from her face. Chaer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter