White Horse

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blessed ran as fast as she could, until her legs won't work anymore. Her eyes were glued on the crowded road, everyone's focused on the upcoming execution. They are really looking forward and excited, it was a festive moment of their lives. Their eyes were filled with clouds of priceless joy, what a psychotic people.  

Blessed felt her skin on chilling in the weird scenario. The weather was cold but the atmosphere is warmer that an ordinary summer day. She was shaking, but it won't stop her from going. Her eyes are red and watery, she wanted to cry but her lungs halted her shock. Her hands were balled into fists, her feet moves faster than she expected. She could hear her loud panting, the beads of her sweat. She is aware on the high risk of going outside but she can't let him just die injustice. He is her dearest friend, the person who held her hand when she was alone in the darkness. He was the reason why she is still alive and kicking. He sacrificed his comfortable living for her, his love was an agape. He was the one saved her back then, the one who helped her in times of deep hardship. He was her very first friend, the only one who was there by that time.

She shook her head and tried to shove those thoughts that are distracting her steps. She was nervous but determined. She was afraid but courageous. She is trembling but steadfast. People started noticing her, but she was so fast that they can't clearly see her face because of the hood. Blessed was persistent on her speed, although her knees began weakening and her stamina is cracking up.

The faint daylight hits her eyes, their memories flashed on her mind. His voice, his face. His beautiful smile, his sparkling droopy eyes. He resembled a bright candle in the middle of a stormy night where its flame never died despite of the strong wind.

Back then when Blessed just met him few days ago. She was still frail, young and puzzled. She lost her hoped and had forgotten how to live. She kept crying every night and calling her parents, she could barely remember her memories. Different emotions and different faces. She doesn't know who was she, she had no clue of what happened before. She knew that she possess Telekinesis, but that's all that she learned when she woke up. 

She was there, lying in the bronze carpet of the room. There was only a single lit candle in the middle, her friend's shadow seemed to move on its own as the wind gushed through the small holes of the wall. His expression was filled with worrying and concern, he insisted her to eat. But Blessed just turned around and tried to ignore his tender pleading. He was there sitting beside her, waiting for a rare response. 

"You must eat." he told her.

"I don't want to." she strongly answered.

"But you'll become malnourished. You must learn how to take care of yourself." he leaned towards her and took a look at her pale face.

"I don't feel myself at all." she closed her eyes and rested her forehead on the carpet.

"Ahhh, so stubborn. Will just please listen to me?" he plastered a smile and touched her cold shoulder.

"Why?" she finally glanced at him with furrowing eyebrows.

"We're friends right? You should listen to me." he titled his head on her arm and her hair like his younger sister.

"Friends? Did you just said friends?" she winced and lifted her head. 

From that day, Blessed felt the little hope hidden at the depth of her heart burning. Her chest felt fluttering as the person reached her hand to her face. Warm tears of being lost streamed on her face. There's no way of escaping his kindness, his soul was pure as the snow and water. White, clear and consistent. His hands are like the warmth of the Fire City.

A drop of tear fell from her eyes, Blessed's chest are aching so much. What if she won't make it? Will she be able to see him again? She misses him so much. His passive but irresistible presence. His soft chuckles, his jokes that aren't funny. She struggled through the extreme feeling of sadness as she continued sprinting away. She can hear his comrades' voices but they are too distant to glance too. There's no turning back, this a challenge that she need to finish no matter it takes and whatever happens. She doesn't care what may her health end up after this. She just wanted to see and embrace his shaking body, that's all. 

 

"Excuse me!"

"Excuse me!"

"Please let me pass!"

She shouted as she tried to open a way out of the crowded street. People with different faces, thoughts and aura's looked at her half-concealed face. They weren't able to recognize her for a while. Blessed pushes and shoves everything that blocks her road. Her small limbs seemed to be pretty functional today, they are moving aside as she requested. The expression of wicked happiness didn't disappeared on their faces. They just continued shouting the punishment called overdose. 

It means that the assigned knight guards to execute him will poked tons of needles against his bruised skin until he died in pain and poison. They will also force him to drink a fatal snake venom to destroy his organs. A brutal and injustice way to kill an innocent person like him. Blessed won't let this happen, he did nothing wrong but to help. He don't deserve this, he shouldn't die without dignity. Silently sobbing, she find herself halfway through. She is getting closer to him, she can feel his racing heartbeat in fright. He is afraid but pretended to be composed. He is shaking and cold, but he had nothing but his ripped and filthy clothes. He had no shoes and his feet had several wounds too. A very tragic fate that he should never had. 

As the four follows her, they were terrified by the population of the people who supported this bloody public murder. As a king, Xiumin is strongly against it. Even if someone have sinned or killed innocent humans, he deserve a second chance. For a someone that was arrested for saving his friend, this is so wrong. Really, really wrong. 

They left their hoods and baggage at the hotel because of the rush. Chen held Chaerin's hand for not to lost her. They ran as fast as they can, but they lost the sight of Blessed and met the huge the creepy crowd with bashful grins on their faces. Tao felt his hair raising at the look of them. They are still shouting and seemed to have an endless energy on their veins. The fog is spreading and making the streets hazy. After few moments of search, she's still nowhere to find. 

Narrow but long, Chaerin felt the world like that. Her knees are soon to give her up, so she dropped Chen's hand and stopped. The three quickly noticed her fatigue and went back towards her. They are all panting and sweating with their heart insanely beating. Xiumin's face was filled with worrying until Tao tapped his shoulder and nodded. 

They asked her how she is, she just shook her head and was about to collapse. But Tao was fast and caught her. She flashed a small smile and looked back at them. Chen hasn't felt tired, this is just the beginning of their journey and they should be prepared than before. An idea suddenly came in Xiumin's mind. He told them to move closer so that they can hear each other's voices. He exhaled and began speaking. He suggested to separate into two groups to infiltrate the streets easier. No disagreement occurred, everyone nodded their heads and applied his plan.

The four separated into two groups to find Blessed easier. Xiumin and Tao went right, Chaerin and Chen went left. The continued running while chasing oxygen for their exhausted lungs. They halted their seeping powers to prevent people from noticing that their unusual.

Chen and Chaerin climbed on the rooves of the houses to search Blessed faster. Chen used his eagle eyes spell as he wander his eyes around, still she's nowhere to be seen. They looked at each other and continued on running and jumping away. Xiumin and Tao were still running and doing the same thing. 

Blessed's legs finally stopped her from sprinting. She paused and tried to maintain her balance, so that she won't fall and get stomped by the people. She wiped the sweat on her forehead with her hands and looked up in the sky, they sun was not visible today. She panted and closed her eyes for seconds. As she glances back on the way, she head what people beside her talking about. She began eavesdropping and what she heard made her eyes wide open. They haven't forgotten her despite of a year without seeing her passed.

"My, my. Where's the culprit who let that pest escape her death?" the older man said.

"Idiots are not telling, maybe he's in the plaza." his accompany groaned.

"If they could have already killed that pest, this won't happen. Thanks to that runt." the woman on her left hisses. 

"That girl had no name, she deserves it. And so this traitor of our country." the younger man spitted.

Blessed held her chest to control her emotions, sooner her heart is about to explode. She heard their continuous insults to him, her hands are losing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter