Erase

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

Fate was never kind to us. People thought and sees as norm neighbors, the truth inside the family was never revealed. It's never been easy for me, since I was young hardships were always chasing me. I hide the real colors in my eyes and lips until I grew up. The sealed mouths remained closed, they pretended like it was nothing. 

My mother and father were siblings. They fell in love with each other for some reason, they broke the rules and crossed the borderlines. Our grandparents allowed them to be married and build a family. The Park Clan is well-known as one of the most powerful bloodline in the Fire City. My father was a former soldier who fought in front lines when the war started against the Water City. Ever since he left to perform his duty, we didn't received any letter or tiny information from the highest. We are there, waiting with our sands of hope and patience. Mother would always plaster a bright smile whenever things are getting more difficult.

She was beautiful, she was the perfect woman that I've even seen. She was kind and thoughtful, her choice of words were always pleasant to my ears. She never yelled or shout, she is always working hard and doing her best to raise us. Her arms were warm and tender despite of the scars, her eyes were fireflies in the night. She could make fire with her bare hands and simple spells. She was the only reason why I keep on living, she was my one and only mother. 

The four of us was a very different story. The ancestors' indescribable skills and abilities sent them to the higher step. The rest are having a convenient and decent lives because of their natural born talents, their homes were lavish and extravagant. The children are sent to a formal school and develops the knowledge that they had. They wear expensive clothes and shoes too, I envy them for being fortunate. One day, I dreamed of ascending from poverty. I promised myself to live a happy live when I grow up.

Our family was considered as the filthy branch or dirty blood because of relationship of my parents. That disgraceful truth put us on the level before the slums. I don't understand why they despise us, we were innocent. We did nothing to deserve this kind of situation. From the night that we met the elders for the first time, my younger sister's crying broke my heart in multiple times. She just wanted to play with them, but she was nudged and avoided like a deadly illness.

Despite of the low and unstable state, mother was able to send us to a public school. There, we were only thought about the basic lessons about the economy and some military rules. The curriculum for the mages wasn't available for the commoners because they had proclaimed that were are just going to be the taxpayers who will keep complaining at the government someday. One of my friend burned his textbook because of anger, he was captured and brought away from the class. We became afraid and timid, we had forgotten what was given to us since then. 

I finally understand everything that happened. Our situation, to my father, the Caste system and what, who we are. He didn't came back as expected, he died in the war. His body burned in his own flames, his blood became flakes and ash. Mother accepted it without whining, she continued living and working until I grew up hating her inside my paper heart. 

Every night, I am always praying to Minzus. Wishing for the Guardian of Fire to hear me, I wanted them to disappear. I wanted myself to disappear. We really shouldn't existed in the first place, there's no clear purpose in keeping on. I don't like this, I hated everything. When I turned nine, mother had decided to work outside the country. Her wages couldn't tally out needs and expenses. She left Suzy at my care, she was only six back then. A child who does nothing and frail.

Suzy began showing signs of resembling my mother. She is growing up to be a lady and a nice person. She had friends, she had people who accepted and loves her. She was popular among the same ages as her, but something is becoming unusual on her. She shot of surprise in the head when she confessed to me. She said falling in love is nothing wrong, humans need it. I couldn't accept it, I don't want us to be like our parents. My eyes grew wider than it should, even before I began thinking about it I found myself in the mud of sin. 

We were young, we were frail, we were confused and learning. We were lost, we were not guided. We were curious, we were unhappy. We couldn't stop ourselves although we knew what we could end up. We know that it's wrong, I let my guard down. We were disgusting and odd. 

The crime that we kept as a secret in a box remained until mother returned to take us away from the place. The part that we were residing was declared to be part of the battlefield. She came back to fetch us, but Suzy suddenly went missing in our sight. 

My lips gradually fell apart as my eyes dropped tears. I witnessed how they beating her until she collapse and bleed her wounds. I don't know who are they to her, their faces were field with dim and sinister. Their laughs shattered my bones and flesh, she did nothing against them. Suzy never picked fight or bullied others, I couldn't believe this. It took few minutes until I was able to walk towards her. At that moment, I completely lost sane and allowed anger to devour me. Flames and wrath and revenge came from my palms as I began sending everything to hell. 

I burned, I burned them as the screamed for my mercy. I could smell their pain and pleading. Their deaths reflected in my eyes, their voices echoed to my ears. Suzy disappeared like a bubble in the air, it was already too late when I woke up from that state. I found mother in our house that soon will vanish in my memories. I felt her touch filled with suffering, she is suffocating and will lose her breath sooner. 

"Run Chanyeol! Live. Keep moving forward. Find Suzy and never live like this." those were her last words.

Conscience stop existing inside of me. I felt a euphoria of satisfaction, the sound of their weeping became a music that fulfills my wishes. I was crying but laughing and dancing. I left the place with my bare feet, changes came into my life. 

After reaching my dreams and becoming one of the elite soldiers in the city, I knew that I am still empty. Maybe Suzy still alive, or maybe she died because of me. I received recognitions, titles and money, but at the end I remembered that this world is still twisted and selfish. The wicked always won over the honest but weak. The good and bad is just a perspective, it's all about being on the top and gaining more power.

 

 

 

 

Suzy got up from bed with smile on her face. She went downstairs to wash her face but she saw Blessed sleeping under the steps. She was holding the old book in her arms and resting her head on the floor comfortably. She spent the night reading it because of curiousity and interest. Some pages of it were already torn from the binding, it really should be thrown away. 

Blessed's hair and skin were on mess, she was sweating like crazy but sleeping like a log. Suzy sighed and brushed the hair away before waking her up. She chuckled when she saw flakes of dust on her eyelashes, she never became a ladylike. 

"Good morning." Blessed greeted with her half-lidded eyes. She woke up from the sound of her joy. She quickly got up and placed back the book into its place. 

"Did you just read all night?" Suzy asked with an eyebrow twitching. 

"Oh, I think." she slowly looked away and felt embarrassed. She forgot to bath last night, she haven't changed her clothes too. 

"You should wash your face now." Suzy suggested with an expression of small dismay.

"Ah oh." she nodded and ran her fingers through her hair.

"You look horrible today, Tree of Life." she winked as she stood up.

"You know?" Blessed was surprised.

"I bet you're a man in your past life." she pat her back before leaving.

Blessed returned to her room to bath and change clothes. Suzy called her for breakfast. 

While staring at the full meal that Mr. Yoojang prepared for them, Blessed became astonished as the thought of Sehun's group appeared on her mind. She wonder if they have already eaten or if they had some good sleep. Suzy poked her cheek to break her focus, she glanced at her and smiled. Chanyeol waved and grinned bashfully, it's a wonderful day. The weather is not so hot or cold, there's no sign of rain too. Suzy put down her spoon and exhaled. She invited Blessed to stroll through the river and have a picnic in the nearest island. At first, she refused but with her persistence, she did acce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter