Passive Escape

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The World of Exo is divided into twelve nations. Each country represents the given element to them and also as their main resources of power. The level, ability and economy depends on how the ruler handles them. The strength of each mages depends on the life force that they had. Every twenty or thirty years, the Tree of Life is summoning a single human being that is fit to be the heir of the throne. She was called the Mama. So, each nation represented their chosen woman. Each of them sent a maiden into an expedition to search for the best and strongest mages ever. Once they were completed into twelve, the Papa will summon and give her the authority to the take over the world.

Mages are human beings who can summon and use the elements as their weapons. Some of them were born with that ability, some spent years in school in order to learn in using spells. Some of them were in the army to lead, some were to teach, some were to lead. But in order to be a mage, you need to be one with your elemental spirit. During the verification test, the elders summons the Guardians to chose who passes. If it likes you, it will agree and gave you the authority to use it. But if not, it will destroy your body and die from that. Only the strongest and fittest would be chosen. And also, mages are the only species that are allowed to rule the entire human race. Some of them become Kings and Queens.

Kings are the ones who stood up, lead and take care of the countries. They are the rulers that no one can protest or fought. They are also the law-makers and holders. Each and every of their people, respected and adore them. They are the second of the most supreme species next to the mages. Some were chosen by the Guardians, some were not. And those were not, was never trusted by the Guardians.

The Guardians are former mages. They were the branches of the Tree of Life. Each one of them represents each elements of the country where they came from. They are all born having the right to call upon the elements. They are powerful, almighty, vigorous and omnipotent. They were different people called by the ascending Mama. But once she weakens, they had to be replaced with the new generation. Some were chosen by fate, some were by blood, some were with talents.

The Tree of Life or Mama is a role taken by a chosen female. She is capable of using all the powers that her Guardians have. She is holy, clean, pure and a maiden. She is the most powerful among everyone. She can have or create everything she wanted. She has the authority to everything in the World of Exo. She can destroy and restore it, she can make the dead rise again. She heal the sick and give back their health. Therefore in exchange, her soul must be devoured by her guardians.

 

 

 

 

 

         

 

The two kept running until they reached the shore. Blessed kept on dodging each dagger that was being thrown at their direction. Chen's spell didn't lasted that long. It was so strong that each striking consumes his life force. His strength ran out easily because of the exhausting scenario, it was depleting so fast. At the same time, he was surprised to see her knife skills. Every attack or dodging that she make was always accurate and on time. The way that she fought was really so far from the way she looks. Her burning spirit was so different from her childish and innocent face.

As the daylight hits her face, Chen became astonished by her beauty. He stared into her eyes, he noticed the glowing passion in it. He was surprised, it was different than yesterday. The way that she reacted last night when she saw the hooded figure was full of fright. He felt that surpassing presence, it was dark and violent. He was afraid that it might break the world one day. It took him a few seconds until he was able to collect himself again. Blessed called her and grabbed his hand. His heart was racing along with every step they take.

Few moments have passed, Chen couldn't summon lightning anymore. His life force has reached its limit. He tried to cast a spell, but it didn't responded. Blessed looked at him with an expression of worrying in her face. She was slightly shaking her head like she was disagreeing. He paused and stopped her from running, she looked into his eyes and breathed. She pressed his hands and they continued. Although, he was not able to use his power for a while, he protected her with all of his might. With his remaining strength on his knees, he carefully watched their back.

There were only five of the assassins left, and most of them were already struck and injured by him. But they can still fight them. They ran faster than the speed of light and surrounded them. It was too late when Chen noticed them. Their eyes grew wide as they stopped and found themselves surrounded with weapons. They wandered their eyes around, their chests are pounding so loud. The upcoming storm in the sky disappeared and it turned to be a bright white without clouds and sun. It began snowing again. 

They were in the middle of the burning forest. Pieces of huge trees were falling with fire lit on them. The white and fluffy snow were stained with red and black. The smell of oil and sweat dominated the thin air. They were both panting and tired. They looked at each other and exchanged different expressions. Those assassins walked towards them and casted same spells. The ground shakes and the wind blew stronger. As they looked at their east, a huge tornado is coming. It's from the winter sea and ready to destroying the entire place. It is devouring everything. Quickly, Chen and Blessed began running again. They were about to take the fastest alternate route, but it was already on fire too. Having no other choice, they passed by through the frozen spring. 

They carefully crawled over it. The ice was so thin that only one wrong move will make it crack and break. While crossing, Blessed's leg starts to hurt. As she looked at it, it was bleeding. Her muscles felt like tearing apart, Tears are appearing at the corner of her eyes. She was trying her best to hold it. She can't scream, she doesn't want to burden him. Chen looked at her and noticed. He wanted to take a look at her leg but she refused and told him to continue. Against his own will, he just continued until they reached the snowy land.

They made it far from the enemies. They have successfully reached their boat. They moved faster than before. But when they were about to get into their escape, a dagger was thrown at their direction. It accurately hit Blessed's wounded leg. It slashed her and got stuck at it. Chen immediately stopped and went back at her. As he looked at him, his eyes grew wide. She fell down and bellowed in the pain. She shook her head and told him to continue, but he became disobedient and pulled the dagger away from her. The handle of it was so different, he realized that it wasn't just and ordinary weapon. It was poisoned. 

Chen quickly carried Blessed in his arms and got in the boat. He grabbed the paddle and sailed away. They haven't gotten several meters away from the place, something suddenly exploded. Both of them closed their eyes and covered their ears. As they looked back at it, the entire place was completely eaten by the angry fire. Silence and the odd smell filled the air. No one was screaming anymore. 

Blessed looked down and thought of the innocent people living there. She had no clue if they were safe or harmed. Those people who attacked them had no mercy. They didn't even considerate these human beings. Her leg were still bleeding and hurting. Chen torn a part of his shirt and tied it very tightly to control poison from spreading in her entire body. After that, he suddenly paused and looked down. Tears fell on the floor of the wooden boat. He remembered his father, he wasn't able to give him an honorary funeral. A wave of his childhood memories filled his mind for a while. 

She looked at him and tried to call, but not a single sound came out from . It was so lonely, she wanted to cry again but tears have stopped falling. Pain, pain is the only thing that she felt by that moment. 

The island is burning in the middle of the cold sea.

Chen began hitting his chest hard. Blessed grabbed his hand to stop him. She shook her head and pressed her lips together. He looked at her and disagreed. He couldn't stand the situation. He can't stand seeing her being hurt. He was angry, mad at himself. His bruised hands rolled into fists.

"Chen, let's go home." she said.

"Yes, we should." he responded.

Slowly, Blessed freed his hands and let him hold the paddle. Chen continued oaring until they reached the mainland.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter