Invisible Affection

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Viscount Byun grew bored of watching the unending fireworks in the sky. The sensation of excitement and repulsiveness disappeared as he stood up and decided to retire for the day. The colors of the dancing temporary lights up above reminded him of his nostalgic past. They were beautiful but always soon to vanish at the blink of an eye. It's amazement only lasted in seconds and quickly forgotten as a new one shows up. Lines of analogies played on his mind as he thought of writing a short poem before falling asleep. Yawning, he closed the veranda's window and shoved the curtains in.  

At the sound of the ringing small bell, the door opened. His personal butler named Taeyeon immediately responded to his call. He commanded her to prepare his bath and clothes for sleeping. The woman bowed her head after listening attentively at him. He was alone in his room again, waiting for her return. Viscount Byun remained quiet as he stares at his hands, scanning the fatigue lines and the permanent smell of cards that dwells on his nose every day. He closed his eyes and imagined the sound of the casino that he used to visit, the voice of a girl that he liked a lot. They were about to walk through the path of a bright future, but she had chosen a better man than him. He felt her kisses on his neck and earlobes, her smell, her laughter. It's been a year since they parted in a unwanted way, he dreamed of building happy family with her. Too bad, maybe he was already destined to grow old alone.

Dreams, for a person like him it is equal to lies. He lost the will the dream since the day he lost his parents and everything. He might be a wise and good card player until in the future, but he is aware that someday he will fall apart once more and break. Byun remembered the only man he adored a lot when he was young, the fellow who was always smiling and optimistic. He was always there beside him, guiding and teaching him new things. He caught himself staring at his reflection on the mirror, tears that are automatically coming out on its own. He wished a lot, but nothing was granted. 

In a sudden beat of his heart, he felt the young lady's presence. She finally came to find him, and she is currently tracing his footsteps. A half smirk appeared at the corner of his lips, he is ready to know her sooner. Maybe they could unintentionally meet her in the public streets of places, he wondered how does she looked like and how her voice sounds like too. Taeyeon returned with a serious and deep expression on her face, she walked towards him and kneeled as she reports an urgent information that he need to receive. Byun quickly gave her a permission to speak it out. 

"Tell me." he flatly said.

"Master, the Tree of Life have successfully entered the lands of the Light City. Based on what Sunny stated, it is truly confirmed." she responded.

"Oh I see..."

"But there is another confidential information that you need to know."

"What is it about?"

"About the prince of Wind City. He went missing and there are rumors spreading that the Noah's Ark-."

"Taeyeon, shhh. Let's see." he looked into her eyes and held her face in one hand. Her eyes grew wider as she nods her head. 

 

 

Blessed and Suho giggled at each other as they watched the view of their friends on the tub. The glowing water returned to normal as the bathroom became dim again. Kai stepped in without a permission as he invited them to see the famous circus on the city. he was holding some bills between his fingers and repeatedly waved those in front of them. His eyebrows creased into slight jealousy because she was with him since the night fell. She looked at him and plastered a smile as she announces that D.O is doing well and not freaking out anyone. A playful expression appeared as he sighed and left because Lay called them out to tell something. 

The oldest mage reminded them of visiting the Noah's Ark Circus tonight. The famous group is known for extravagant stunts and dangerous acts. They are also doing musicals and dancing shows before the ending of each episode. Blessed became excited to see it because she haven't been in a carnival yet. Lay felt glad to know that everyone agreed to join him in there, but their visitation is not only about to see the show. They are going to cite who is this Viscount Byun with Kai's help. The rich gambler who specializes in cards and board games, he is constantly winning by the use of a spells that are not easy to be noticed and traced. 

Kai went towards Tao who had fallen asleep because of exhaustion. The two of them spent the day collecting small information and studying the city's system of government. They discovered how close and strict the Station of Justice despite of easily infiltrating the lands. Also there weren't a lot of knight guards patrolling around the streets and public places. A good factor and advantage to find a potent mage but can be risky and troublesome. Without permission or clear instructions to follow, he kicked him at the back. The asleep fellow woke up aching in surprise and short pain. He rose up scratching his head and with hal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter