Fire Burning, Water Overflowing

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

They became frozen and bewildered by the moment the door opens. Chaerin's forehead quickly flattened when she heard footsteps heading towards their group. Sehun returned the knife at the table as he sat back to his place, Tao quickly cancelled his spell and turned his back away. Lay commanded them to act like nothing happened and compressed together. Touching each other's hands and behind, they took few deep breaths and stares at the door. Chen quickly kept the ropes inside his shirt and pants. He moved Chaerin's head downward and immediately went back to his position.

Nervousness crawled to their veins as the shadows reflected on the floor. Lay bite his lower lip and told himself to calm down. Tao leaned on him and put a small smile on his face. He is confident that they will make it out today, He wandered his hand until he found Chaerin's arm. He slowly held her with a pounding heart. Sehun knew that they will noticed what they have done, sooner they will be punished for insisting too. He thought of Blessed, he was very worried about her since the fragment turned bright red. 

The door finally opened, it was Lieutenant Son Gain again with her squad. She had a sword tied on her waist, the sound of her heels echoed in the room. Xiumin attentively watched her as he walked towards them. Her eyes were still like sharp as dagger like before. Her expression was filled with annoyance and seriousness. It seems like an order has been delivered for him and his friends. Without a greeting, she suddenly hit Tao's shoulder with the sole of her shoes. They winced in surprised as they tried not to show their freed limbs. 

"Stop acting like you're still tied. I knew that you have already cut the ropes. You all looked like idiots." she said, her eyebrows twitched in irritation. 

"We are not terrorists or from the enemy nation. We are just pilgrims." Xiumin stood up and spoke. Veins were bulging on his arms, he is angry but keeping the tone of his voice composed. 

"Do you really think I'm going to believ-. What's with your face?" the mark suddenly appeared on Xiumin's face because the spell reached it's due time. Gain hurriedly went closer and grabbed the collar of his shirt, her stare became more intimidating than earlier.

Tao displayed an expression of anxiety as he stood up and pulled Xiumin away from her. The mark on his chest glowed underneath his thin shirt. He saw Sehun and the rest marks glowing too. They must do something, they can't discover their real identities. The prophecy is still a secret, especially the Tree of Life. Chen in a impulse, grabbed the older's face and covered it with his hands. He forcefully made him turn around and lower his head. Chaerin did her best to eavesdrop, but she couldn't recognize the situation. Exchanging of word are rare, also their movement are silent. 

Chen began laughing falsely as he slowly dragged Xiumin away from her. The knight guards around began preparing spells in case of emergency. He shook his head and caught Gain's eyes. He is doing all that he can to derive her thoughts away from the mark. The level of tension is growing larger, the air inside the cellar is getting thinner. Sehun walked towards the table while they weren't looking, he grabbed the knife and collected balance between his legs. He is nervous, but this is nothing compared to the fight that he had with Tao before. He believes in them, they will make it out of here safely in assurance. There's no reason to be afraid, their life forces is just average. They can bring them all down, now that his powers has regained its default force. 

"Forget about what you saw." Chen muttered as he commences his spell to erase her recent memories. There's a huge chance that she is able to out contrast into it, but looked at Tao and nodded his head. 

"What are you trying to do?" she smirked, she knew what he is doing. 

"No, no way!" Tao suddenly shouted as he began pushing the knight guards away from Chaerin. They were about to get her before one of them, but he burst in madness and hit their heads. They lost consciousness, even before they collapse, time stopped. Everything paused from its current activities, except him and the five. 

Lay carried Chaerin as they immediately left the room with the frozen people. They ran without looking back, Tao held his breath to make the spell last longer. The moved as fast as they could, not even a single second should be wasted. They must be out of the place before time resume. The fragment turned crimson inside Lay's pocket. He almost stopped while trying to get it. 

"We have no time for that!" Chen yelled at him in panic.

"But someone's-." Lay tried to explain, but Sehun grabbed his arm and they went out of the hallway. They successfully made it away from the knight guards. They met numbers of people who are ready to restrain them if Tao didn't manipulated the time. They hand swords and ropes on their hands, while wearing the empty expression on their faces. The shining metal plates, the heavy leather boots for war. 

Sounds of panting and drops of sweat lingered on their drying lips and throats. They need to hurry because Tao wouldn't be able to hold this difficult. Almost half of the land is under his control, his pulse began skipping a beat. If this keeps up, his body had the tendency to shut down. Xiumin twisted the knob but the last door couldn't open, it was locked and they key is nowhere. He doesn't liked breaking thing, but he had no other choice. With the help of Sehun, the both kicked it and the problem to made it out disappeared in a second.

The view of a nature filled with flowers and trees greeted the day-old prisoners. Even before they stepped out of the building in gray colors, a person appeared in front of them. Judging from the way he dress, it is clear that he is one of those knight guards who insisted in detaining their group. Lay looked at Tao and noticed how he is enduring the pain in his chest. He can't maintain it any longer, but he is doing his best to help the escape. Chen was the first one to speak among them, he took several steps towards the person in robe.

"Sorry, but we got no time to play with you." Chen told him, his tone reflected his boastfulness. 

The person didn't responded as they allows they to pass, but as soon as Lay walked by he suddenly took Chaerin away from her. The white eyes of the voiceless began shaking when she felt his strong presence. It was so fast, within that moment he was already carrying her in his arms. They stopped and their expression shifted into surprise. Tao walked so fast towards Lay and shook his shoulders that made him stumble. Xiumin caught his back and didn't let him fall. 

"Lay!" Tao agitated. He breathed in but he qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter