The Odds

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dancing aurora in sky disappeared at the blink of an eye. The loud horn has been blown and heard from the above. The sirens had began playing, calling the attention of every creature standing upon the grounds of El Dorado. Every eyes gazing upon the orb of lights coming from the west. They rushed towards south as they bound to meet the world. They came, the passed by and came back until it blinded all. The entire view of the horizons and boundaries turned into blank and darkness. Heavy silence occurred at that moment, no one had an idea what was it. Flashes of lightning and rolls of thunder greeted Blessed's group. They made it out of the test and deserve the thrones of the descending Guardians and Mama. 

But the greeting is not nicer the way they wanted it. As their sight returns, lightning began chasing Kai, D.O. and Luhan. They ran as fast as they dodged every streak of force that may hit them. The unbreakable glass walls and floors shattered as it has been touched by it. Panting, beads of sweat, hurrying and panicking created a unpleasant sensation on their pounding chests. Luhan tried to created a spell that will stop it, but even his strongest psycho kinesis couldn't bend it away. He summoned the wind and earthquake, but nothing helped them. Without words or further conversation, they made it out of the room and found themselves in the middle of the desert. Grains of sand immediately went on their eyes, making it more difficult to see. There was sandstorm, and there was also a tornado heading on their way. 

What room they entered is Chen's, and it was reflecting his true colors. In trouble and confused, is how he describes his own heart. They had to cast a barrier in order to protect themselves from the danger he is creating. Luhan is certain that Sehun was also in the same room too, he might be the one who is sending the gigantic tornado towards. They can't see, or find him. They wandered their eyes around and began walking to a undefined direction, but they can't see anyone who had crimson eye or a strong aura of power. He could be hiding because he doesn't know how to put an end to it, he must be embarrassed that he can't control his seeping life force. If they can't make it in time, there's a strong possibility for one of them to die or be killed. 

They should be careful and wary of their actions, because one wrong decision may put one in a deep danger. Kai held D.O's arm tightly as they headed to where the lightning are coming. It was a very violent condition, they were worried that Chen was lonely and desperate long time ago. These dark clouds, pouring ran, seemed to be an endless typhoon were all of his emotions. At a distance, something surprised them. Lay and Xiumin was already there and struggling to find a safe haven. They were almost lying on the ground and trying to stand up, but the ice mage suddenly grew weaker because his powers are infinitely turning anything frozen. He couldn't move rather walk, because he don't want to ruin Chen's heart. One reckless spell that possibly tame him can also send him into an eternal sleep. An expression of gladness to be reunited appeared on their faces as they saw them walking towards. 

Lay was glad that Kai no longer sees Luhan as an enemy, he was relieved that the First Guardian is no longer attacked by his fellows. D.O. didn't hesitated to pick up Xiumin from the ground, although his shoulder became covered in ice he doesn't care. He wasn't afraid to get frozen because he understands how difficult it is to have a power that is not easy to tame. He put his fellow's arms over his shoulder and they hurried to the origin of the storm. They felt like their skin and clothes cane be ripped as they gets closer to it. The beads of sweat dried faster along with the moisture on their throats. It was harder than expected, it was a scorch.

Xiumin thought that this can be still part of the trials, but he was wrong. The period of testing them had already ended moments ago. He wondered how Chen is now, he must be in a pain that he can't bear. Lay thickened the walls of the barrier as it began ripping open because of the wind. He casted multiple spells, also in order to search for Chen's presence. Screams, they finally heard his voice although he still faraway. Hearts throbbed in nervousness as they began asking if he can be still return in sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter