End of Escaping

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      

 

Chaerin's eyes grew wider and her forehead furrowed when she heard that Blessed is alive. She began crying again as her head collapses on Xiumin's shoulder. She is so glad that she couldn't express if well. Tao went towards her and wiped her tears away with his hands. Some smiled and felt joy too, but Sehun wasn't. He knew what that vivid red color means, he is worried instead of celebrating inside. That necklace was from her mother and she told him everything about it before she died.

Nervousness and uneasiness started to eat his thoughts, he can't steady his pounding heart. If only his life force is completely restored, he will quickly head to her whereabouts. He is sure that something wrong is soon to happen, a dangerous person is beside her and wearing a mask of kindness. That moment, Sehun noticed that someone is changing the paths that they should've already crossed and met. He had the idea that maybe the Tree of Life likes to manipulate the events and their destinies. Still, he is not sure, he is probably wrong too. 

As they continued sprinting away from the hell of danger zone, Xiumin suddenly tripped on a slimy stone covered in mold. He stumbled and Chaerin fell from his back. He bellowed at the pain on his injured ankles and they quickly helped him to stand up. She isn't hurt, Lay taken his friend's role. Sehun lead the way, no time must be wasted. Chen in the state of adrenaline rush, grabbed Xiumin and carried him on his back. There's no way they can stop for a while, they must keep running to be survive the ruckus.

Sehun continued clearing the path and strongly cuts all the vines and grasses in front of them. But as the struggle to escape, silhouette of people was seen. He wandered his eyes around and warned his comrades to be careful. Lay prepared himself to build a protective barrier for everyone. 

"Step back." Sehun warned shook his head and waved his hand once.

"Why now?" Tao questions him, he didn't noticed the suspicious figures around.

At a time like this, they didn't expected that they would be able to find them. The view is filled with black smoke and red fog, the visibility is close to impossible. The group have stopped from moving forward and decided to crawl and find a new way out, but as they changes their strategy a person appeared in front of them. Droplets of water all around lifted from the ground and hovered in the air. Sehun watched the amazing spell with fiery eyes. They knew that no average mage can do that, only a well-skilled and knowledgeable is capable of summoning the water from land.

Chen began worrying as he looked at them with expression full of anxiety and panic. That power is a total opposite of him, water was his weakness. Tao stares down and gave up his hope. He just pray for a safe capture and these people won't harm them, especially Chaerin. Lay wonder if they will be able to wake up together tomorrow, they've been trapped and surrounded by mages. Sehun suddenly fell and began hallucinating as the sun hits his eyes. Xiumin's mouth open as he accepted their possible outcomes. 

The person in front continued to summon spells that they didn't know, everything is growing worse. Even before Lay's eyes his sight turned black and sounds of explosion disappeared.

 

 

After waking up, Suzy and Blessed quickly discharged from the hospital. Surprisingly, they paid nothing. One of the nurse told them that the public and medical services are all free because of the improving and continuously rising economy of the Fire City. Also the financial state is becoming stable because of the new mine there. People were nice and polite, the place is good to stay in. 

Blessed kept a small smile on her lips as they left the hospital. Suzy, slowly reached her hand as the continued walking. They stared at each other eyes, but someone's stomach suddenly growled. 

"It's not me. Maybe it's going to rain." Blessed denied her hunger. She looked away and chuckled, pretending that she's still fine.

"Blessed, why are you always being like this?" Suzy knew that it was her because it is obvious. She pouted in disappointment and sighed. 

"I'm not hungry.. don't worry." she laughed and dropped her hand.

"Stop being like this. I just want to treat you something now." she insisted as she pulled the hem of her shirt. 

"I'm not hungry, believe me." she grinned sheepishly.

"You're lying." she glared

Suzy scowled and grabbed her hand. She began heading towards an opposite direction while dragging Blessed along with her. She tried to convince her that she wasn't hungry, but it never worked on her friend. She held her hand tighter until they found a good place to eat. They stopped in front of a small restaurant that is empty. From the glass door, they can see the old decorations and simple painting in frames hanged on the wall. 

Blessed didn't feel a negativity towards the place, it is somehow safe and there was no dark auras around. It seems like the person who manages inside is kind and nice to. Suzy freed her hand and entered the place. The small bell hanging in the ceiling rang as the door hits it. There are torches lit with flames on the walls, there were no people eating there. She wondered her eyes around and hoped for a person looking at her place, but she found nothing except chairs, tables and a long wide wooden counter with a display of glass wares and fancy utensils. 

Suzy began humming like she arrived at him, she turned around and cheerfully chose a seat near the counter. Blessed silently followed her. There was another small bell, Suzy quickly picked it up and shook. She plastered a smile as they heard human footsteps. An old man appeared with a piece of tobacco between his lips. He had a round spectacles, gray hair and beard. 

Suzy stood up and smiled widely at him while waving her hand. The old man became surprised and took off his glasses to wipe.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter