Poisoned

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Unicorn Empire is known in its alternate name, Healing City. The land of the most powerful and talented healers can ever be. The country was well-known to its secure privacy. There is no single information leaked outside their tall and gigantic brick walls. There was a rumor that they were an accomplice with the Wind City. The ruler's name, age and gender remained unknown. 

The land where no one dies because of sickness. The land where silence is constant and steadfast. The place where the depressed can be healed. The aspiring people who dreams to awaken the unicorn inside of them pursues to reach the continent. Filled with beautiful and well-mannered woman and men. The ambassador of peace and order. Everything about the country are still a huge mystery. 

Is it true? Is it made up? Is it a myth? 

It is said that the citizens there who can't summon their powers are being thrown on their pit of fire. The government is said to be cruel and the knight guards are tyrant. Women are sent to ion and slavery. Old people work in the mine in a long exhausting hours.

Xiumin's forehead wrinkled to what he heard from his servant. Maybe it's just a lie, he wishes that it will be. 

"This will be an extraordinarius." he said as he rose up from his throne. 

 

It's been already a year since she left the Healing City. It's been already a year since she became a runaway criminal. This is Blessed's homeland. This is where he met a friend who helped her escape her fate. This is where she opened her eyes and found herself in darkness. 

This is where she will begin to change the world. 

 

It was a peaceful and calm night. Blessed's groups are sleeping soundly and well. The servants silently shifted at the workstations. Only the sound of the engine and the sea are can be heard all over the place. Things were still in shape after the first day of their sailing. No problems are occurring yet. Chaerin grew bored throughout the day because all that she could see is the blue saltwater. She can't even step out of the cabin because the weather was burning hot. Tao and Chen were helping the crew to maintain order. Xiumin stayed inside his small room where he can continue working. He was able to communicate to Taeyong because of the necklace that had a special pendant made of his ice and a rare crystal.

The sun rises up once again, the second day is about to come. The four are still asleep, Xiumin was the first one to wake up. He got up from bed and quickly kneeled to pray to the current Guardian of Ice, Freya. After that, he stood up and went to the bathroom to wash his face, brush his teeth and change clothes. 

After grooming himself a little, he went out to checks everyone's condition. He was thankful that the situation is following their plans. He headed to the lower deck to greet everyone a good morning, they all responded with politeness. Everything is still in shape. When the short conversation with an informant ended, Xiumin went to his room and proceed in reading. So early, and so hot today. The day hasn't hit afternoon yet, but the weather is sweating their skins. 

It was an adjustment. Xiumin was not used to this kind of atmosphere and weather. The difference and opposite was huge. It's not that he haven't travelled through cruise, he just didn't left him homeland for years. There are no snow, not even a drop of it are can be seen in the blue ocean. The sky was different, it was so bright that you can't stand staring at it for seconds. His clothing style was shifted into thin and light fabric, even his shoes we not white anymore. 

"Your Highness, may I serve your breakfast now?" the servant asked while he is scanning the contents of the old book that he found in his small library. 

"Ah, thank you but I'm not hungry yet. I guess I'll wait for them to wake up." he responded with enlightenment. A sign that he is good shape today, despite seemed-to-be endless changes and adjustments. His servant left and silently closed the door.

 

Fish, it smells like the old fish market in his town. Chen woke up, he doesn't had a dream. He thought he was in his room in the Lightning City, he is still half-asleep. But when the daylight hits his eyes, he realized that he was in the ship that they boarded yesterday. A yawn came out from his drying mouth, it is so hot today. He stretched his arms upwards and leaned against the only cool thing there - the wall. Tasting the saltiness that remained there, he finally get up and awaken his fellow that is lying in his bed comfortably with closed eyes.

He pulled the sheets wrapped around him away and kicked him out from the bed because he sleeps like a log. Tao groaned as he tried to get up but Chen suddenly sat down on his back. His pestering grin disappeared as he remembered something. He glanced at him and imitated his expression, but he didn't laugh. His silence continued. 

When he spoke aloud at Blessed, that’s what came to his mind. Giving up the struggle to stand up, Tao exhaled and finally opened it up. He is getting worried about Chen because he was growing silent as each day passes by.

 "Hey, something bothers you?" he asked.

"Hyung, it's nothing." he shook his head and began staring at the floor. 

"Hyung?" Chen's eyebrow twitched.

"We're allies right? Or should I say that are fates are being tied forever?" he relaxed his face on the floor. 

"Well..." he was spacing out. 

"Hey, did something happened between Blessed and you?" he asked him straight to his point.

"Huh? Why are you asking that kind of question? Of course nothing happened between us." he snorted. 

"Really?" he smirked.

"Of course."

"You are growing emotional, hyung." Tao chuckled.

"Is that so?" he stood up.

"Your weakness is not in your ability or past, she is your weakness." Tao gets up and looked into his eyes.

"Oh." Chen's forehead curled because he was embarrassed. He laughed but it's a contrast in his chest. He shook his head and headed to the bathroom. 

"You can trust me hyung. If something is starting to eat you up, I'm ready to punch that ugly face of yours." Tao smiled at him.

"Fine, whatever." he closed the door loudly.

"You saw that beauty, am I right?" Chen didn't responded.

Chen sighed and rested his back against the door. He saw his reflection in the mirror, why does it feel so odd? Still, he couldn't understand himself how many times he tried. It was weird, that feeling weird. He knew that he was having a developing interest, but this is not his expectation. They are starting to notice his actions and gestures, he wish that he can quit it. But Blessed is always around and she is always avoiding him and both of them fell in an awkward situation. 

He sat down on the mat and scratched his head, his hair became messier than earlier. He laughed hysterically and punched the wall. 

"Damn, I'm doomed. I'm in love and I hate this." he said loudly.

"Hyung, can you please turn back the time and change the events?" he asked, but no one answered because Tao was longer there. 

 

A loud slapping sound echoed in their room. Chaerin is already awake and wait

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter