The Battle

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun pursued in getting closer and closer to her heart, he continued to moved forwards until Blessed bumped into a tree. She couldn't speak for a while, her knees are wobbling along with the shaking of the ground. Her breaths became heavier and slower than before, her eyes are barely blinking. If this is a nightmare, she would wish to wake up now. If this is just part of her imagination, she wished to stop it. She stumbled, but didn't fall because he quickly caught one of her limbs. 

His scary expression shifted into innocence, an impossible transition for a person like him. Sehun's aura remained the same, dark and dangerous. She looked into his eyes, the sharp silver color is still there. The tips of his hair dripping in sweat and anything, the traces of red on his face and clothes. The way his stare didn't changed, but he himself truly not the same anymore. Blessed frowned instead of showing small gratitude, she was saddened at all. There was no chance of her smiling at him, she was disappointed to speak.

The trembling curving smile on Sehun's rose lips vanished, he can understand her. He knew why she wouldn't laugh or greet him like before. He admitted what he has done, he took away lives with his hands. He won't deny, he won't resist, he will be honest and state the great truth. The sword in his left hand told her that it was violent and no qualms of mercy. He is indeed an assassin since he was born in this world. That wasn't a lie, the gesture are pure. 

Blessed shook her head and slapped his bruised hands away. She wanted to scream but no voice is coming out. Her chest is heaving, she was deeply hurt and worried about him. She looked away and tried to run away, but Sehun grabbed her hand and hugged her from behind. He wrapped his long slender arms around her shoulders as he rested his aching skull. He was shaking, he was crying. His tears soaked her messy hair. She closed her eyes and began weeping in her own way. 

Sehun's eyes returned to its normal shade, the purple veins bulging through his skin gradually disappears. Silence in the midst of the war nearby occurred, the moment that no one will speak. Blessed's body is sending her to falling, but she hold it back by keeping her eyes wide open. She shook her head again and slowly removed his grip around her. She turned around and finally faced him, looking directly to that pair of orbs that she used to see. She can't escape like before, she has grown up and experienced maturity throughout the tough journey. 

Blessed bid a farewell to her childish persona as she moved her lips. She is going to take her responsibilities and protect her friends, it's finally time to know if she really deserves to be the Tree of Life. She wanted to know why she was chosen despite of her noticeable weaknesses. Along with the tight form of her balling fists, she hit Sehun in the chest to wake up him from over thinking. She is tired of playing the same game and scenario, the fate of countless lives are depending on her. 

"Sehun, why?" she muttered, she suddenly felt mad.

"Blessed, I want to protect you. Those people are going to kill you-." he tried to explain his bizarre reasons.

"Stop it, that's shouldn't be like this. Sehun I never told any of you to commit murder." she was about to hit him at the face, but her hand stiffens. 

"You can't understand me because you weren't beside us for a long time." the wind strongly gushed through. Sehun's hair covered half of his eyes, giving Blessed a blurred sight of reading his emotions. 

"I don't know, you're right though. I don't know, I left the entire group without a proper reason. You wouldn't understand me too, because you weren't by my side of a long time." she looked at him and turned away. 

"Please forgive me." Sehun said. He repeated those words along with her footsteps. Blessed didn't glanced at him, she just continued in order to meet Lay's group. 

He listened at the sound of her moving legs, he watched until she was completely away. She may be able to refrain him for a moment, but it's already too late. His soul has overtaken his mind, automatically making his body move in its own. He can't be stop, not until his wrath is quenched and satisfied. He knew the main culprit of all of her suffering, he won't stop until he cut his throat and shout victory. 

Sehun had no choice but to give in and follow the evil spirit that dominates him, it helped him to lengthen his life force and become stronger. It will be probably be one of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter