Cadence Chandeliers

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Booming and crunch sounds awaken the passengers from their long naps. The people working on the train immediately announced peace and order to avoid additional turbulence and ruckus. After few moments, they found out that a part of the huge transport vehicle has been struck by the lightning caused by the nature. Because of the continuous story weather and gushing rain and wind, the crew faced a familiar problem that needs an adequate resolution. Thankfully, no one were aboard on broken cabins when it was hit. No one was hurt, injured or casualty. Although the train was restrained from moving on for a while, the unintentional error was quickly fixed by the helped of some mages. Once the closing thunders and lightning was drew away, they continued operating. 

A brief and norm commotion occurred as they transferred the passengers placed near the broke part of the room. They were put in the inner and safer place of there As they followed the crew's requests, Blessed's group saw the people passing by from the glass window of their room's door. There were plenty of them, Tao reminded her to be careful and quiet. While they are walking by the narrow halls, she noticed colors glowing from their chests. Her forehead wrinkled into wondering if only her could see them, so she glanced at everyone and stood up from her chair. She moved towards the door and was about to touch the knob, but Kai pulled her way and gave him an irritated stare. She fell looking down at the floor and shook her head along with soft apologize. 

Blessed only realized that she had gained a new ability, to see how much darkness are in people's hearts and to be capable of measuring auras too. The festive-like lights reflected to her orbs as she looked back to the passer bys. She glanced at Kai and felt embarrassed because it was so close to another trouble they could meet. He sighed and walked her back to her place as he whispered something to Tao that made the fellow mage seemed to be surprised. Her eyes suddenly grew wide when a pitch black-hearted man walked by.

 Thankfully the accident was a bit far from their cabin and no one got hurt. A brief commotion occurred while transferring the passengers to the inner and safe place. There was a glass window attached on their cabin's door, they saw plenty of passengers passing by. Blessed have gained another gift from the current Tree of Life. For being courageous and unbelievably constant, she gave her the ability to see people's aura or mood. Her eyes grew wide as her eyes slowly sees colors inside of humans' chests. Some of them were glowing, some of them looked like they're burning, some looked paled and some were just fine. She stood up and got bewildered. She stepped towards the door and was about to touch the knob but Kai refrained her. She glanced at him, he shook his head. A black aura appeared from a man's chest, they cautiously watched him until he was far away. 

Lay tapped Kai's shoulder to call his attention, he looked at him with furrowing eyebrows and without a word. His lips painted a small smiled as he volunteered to take a look at the black person. With his natural expression on his face and eyes, he went out and followed him. He was able to see him closer, but as his hood flew down he was surprised to discover that had doesn't have a face. It wasn't a human neither a special creature, so to avoid his life force from seeping out he quickly returned to their cabin. Nervousness crawled to his spine as his comrades demanded a brief explanation from him. He began sweating and unsteady, he slowly sat down and tried to be compose. 

"It's not a human neither a creature." he said with his lowest tone of voice.

"Are you sure?" Suho wanted to clarify.

"Yes, I am. Don't let anyone of us meet his eyes. He doesn't have a face." he responded with panting breaths.

"Possibly a fake clone to lure us to their new traps." Kai opened his theory.

"They must be aware of our presence." Tao concluded.

"Well. you can be right or wrong hyung." Kai sighed.

"Too bad we can't use a spell to see how high this manipulator's power is." Suho's eyebrows creased into wondering. 

Blessed remained unspoken until Kai pats her head and plastered a smile at her. He told her not to stress out over things and relax for a while. She nodded and looked at him with an expression of relief. He sat down beside and stared at her for a moment, when Tao called him he stood up and they proceeded their small discussion about the Light City. She glanced at them and felt glad that they are in a harmonious state with each other. Ever since they departed from the Earth City, no one had a fight or quarrel with each other. A small but absolute smile appeared as she went towards and joined them. 

The train continued its journey as peace and order was eventually restored. The commotion and panicking of the passengers have finally stopped as the crew manages the entire place. But in between seats and rooms, there was a rumor spreading in the atmosphere. She was called Mera, but her identity was not revealed until the throne is in need of replacement. Out of all the females who were sent to search twelve mages playing in also different elements and powers, it is said that none of them was able to make it back to home. But before her disappearance, many actually sent letters and visited the Kings to take the role. When some mages has proven that the Tree of Life's whereabouts are unknown, a lot was frightened. Since that day, no one aspired and pursued to take over the role. The Kings were left without other choices, to they forced their people to sacrifice someone to reunite the twelve every fifty years in order to restore the rotting core on the World of Exo. It is said that if you successfully found them, you will receive three wishes and a powerful creature will sure guarantee whatever it is. There is also a privilege to marry one of the Guardians and manipulate the whole history of everything. 

Mera's unfinished diary was kept by one of her friends that she met on her journey. When the knight guards tried to get it away from her, it is said that she buried in on a grave and took her life away to protect the identity. The mystery and curiosity was never able to quench its thirst, the underground mages closed their investigation without receiving small answers. Even the names of the mages ascended as Guardians remained unknown. Long time ago, a young and talented girl was sent away on a voyage and was able to fulfill the prophecy. She left no traces, belongings, either a single strand of her hair.

The news about Sehun as the future Guardian of Wind suddenly broke out on the lands of the Wind City. They were surprised and not believing because the prince was once known as a very stubborn and arrogant son of King Selu. The death of the ruler remained a secret as his second wife takes over the throne and crown. The inevitable peace in this country is slowly vanishing as each day passes by. Street fights, gambling, and also corruption is expanding and the knight guards are truly having a hard time to manage such issues of the country. The economy and financial state is falling down faster than the expected. The mages are doing everything to prevent the pests from entering their fields and eating the crops, the country is becoming poor and neglected. 

Hours have passed, they had reached the formal grounds of the Light City. The train slowly stops at the station and the bells rang loudly. The doors opened and countless-like population stepped out from the public vehicle. Voices, footsteps and the engines sounds mixes in the air of noises and sounds. There were also men in uniforms standing in every gates to inspect each passenger's baggage and items bought from the neighboring countries. Blessed's group rose up and prepared for stepping a foot in this place. They didn't carried a lot of things and only had clothes wrapped around their bodies aside from the money on Junmyeon's sling bag. Lay secured her neck by putting sca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter