Run

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

The fireworks were lit up and sent to the sky. A colorful display of lights occurred for a while with the sound of explosion. Everyone watched it as disappeared in the atmosphere. They were clapping their hands and shouting at the top of their lungs. It's the commencement of their annual festival which is held once a year during winter. All of them prepared and did their best to make it the most beautiful celebration among the ten countries.

The King went to the plaza to show them his gratitude, for always supporting him in his reigning years. As he stepped out of his glamorous and shimmering carriage, he greeted anyone with a huge smile. His expression was filled with bliss. His clothes were made of silk and his shoes were made out of the skin of animals. His crown was made from pure fine gold with several precious stone in it. His daughter was there too, she had a small face and a porcelain skin. She was wearing a elegant blue gown and glass shoes. Everyone looked up on them, they bowed their heads and show their respects. Another abundant year had passed and they are all anticipating for a new plentiful one. He waved at them and he went towards the stage decorated with pretty flowers. As he stood up there and nodded, the people behaved. It was a sign that they are ready to listen. 

"My beloved nation, my beloved people, my beloved land. Here I am standing in front of you, being grateful to all of your efforts for our legacy. I am-."

Blessed wasn't able to listen to his speech because Chen insisted to leave. Without a word, he grabbed her hand and they went out of the plaza. She just looked at him with the expression of confusion on her face. He doesn't like this current ruler, he was a liar. He was the reason why the economy of the Lightning City is slowly going down without people noticing. He was just a lazy scum that loves to swim in gold and silver. He did nothing to improve his people, he thought of it. 

After that speech, Blessed's ears seemed to bleed because of the people's cheering. It was so loud that she couldn't even hear her own voice. Chen remained serious for a moment. His eyebrows weren't furrowing but the aura that he is giving is dark. She wanted to know his reason why he hated the king, but this is not the best time to bring out her wonderings.

The city were so lively and loud despite of the cold weather. Hundreds of colorful lamps was hanged all over the place. Musicians began to play their instruments. There are shops and booths everywhere. Plenty of free alcoholic drinks are being given. Food were being sold everywhere. Sounds of conversations and laughs are can be heard all over the place.

While walking down in the streets, Blessed was fascinated by her surroundings. The place is so magical, like a fairytale. It was the same feeling she had when she arrived at the Wind City. Everything is amazing and incredible. She was wearing a long green floral dress and a yellow ballet shoes given by Chen's mother. While him is wearing a casual white shirt, black pants, a pair of boots and a long gray winter coat. 

"Awesome." she looked at him and pointed at the street performers.

"I told you before that it's awesome. I'm glad you came along with me." he agreed and placed his hand on her head.

"This is so refreshing." she said as she watches them.

Blessed was like a little kid. Whenever she sees a different or new things, she couldn't stop reacting on it. 

Chen bought her a candy apple and a small pink lantern. Both of them were happy. After a years of being bedridden, words are not enough to describe how he felt tonight. He can feel his self again. He had regained his senses and strength has been restored. It been a long time since he experienced being a human.

Throughout the whole night, Chen held her hand tightly and never let her get lost. His heart was racing, his cheeks were flustering red. 

On their way to watch another dance performance, Blessed saw someone next to them. It was wearing a long black hooded robe but at the blink of an eye, it disappeared. It was the same figure she saw back then when the ferry sunk. She poked Chen and they stopped walking. Her face was filled with worrying. Her lips started to tremble. He quickly hugged her to calm down.

Blessed slowly rested her face on his chest. Chen her hair and told her not to worry. She felt safe by that moment.

 

 

 

 

 

The newly crowned prince was lying alone in his cozy and huge bed. He was facing the fireplace, he was comfortable there. While being wrapped in blanket, he was just staring blankly at the ceiling. Nothing runs on his mind, it was empty.

Suddenly, Blessed's face appeared there. He rose up and closed his eyes. He bent his knees and shook his head. He let out his breath. He was trying to forget

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter