Miracles Within Us

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Blessed opened her swollen restless eyes, Chanyeol appeared in front of her. He was grinning bashfully and carrying a basket of fruits in his other hand. His expression was filled with gratefulness, but she couldn't read an optimistic view within his heart. The giant is like the green and bountiful trees living alongside the stream. There was no trace of stress and mourning under his lips and lids. His hair is perfectly swayed by the natural wind with drops of unseen dust.

He greeted her cheerfully, the widest rectangular or square shaped of his smile. His cheeks flustered in red like a child. Blessed lips slowly parted, her mind is still blank. She had no words to respond, she stared at him for a while. The yesterday's laughter were full of lies and pretending. The unconventional family that she dreamed shattered into tiny pieced like the reflection of herself. She frowned and breathed, it hurts so much. She couldn't blame Suzy, she claimed the incident as her fault. If only she didn't stayed with her for a day, if only she didn't insisted him for being the Guardian of Fire. 

The burning warm flame inside Chanyeol's heart died and became frozen. His eyes were dark and deep despite of his happy expression. He is doing his best to bury the mourning over there, he don't want his smile to fade away. The power that was given to him is the curse that will ever be lifted, a rotten truth that will be revealed soon. He killed lives and innocent and sinner, he stole their hopes and reasons too. If Blessed will discover it, will she still choose him? 

The arriving morning sky is mesmerizing, the mixture of different colors until it became one. Half stars, half moon, full clouds. It was never-ending and never-changing. Tears fell from Blessed's eyes again, this is so painful even without words. Chanyeol nodded and put the apple at the palm of her hand. He was shaking but trying to hide it, Chanyeol is maybe losing his mind completely. Her heart is ripping apart, she looked down and began crying aloud once more. 

Suzy is nowhere to be found, her ashes vanished in the air. She died with agony and joy, the knife disappeared into somewhere. Chanyeol was no longer covered in their blood. Blessed glanced at him and shook her head as she threw the apple across the river. The smile faded, his eyebrows furrowed in worrying and surprise. He knew that this would happen, why he is wincing?

Stopping her sister from what she thought is right was the hardest decision that he made. Pointing and poking the blade against her flesh was never easy, the squirting blood in his skin was disgusting. Chanyeol doesn't know if he is pretending of being a fool, he wanted to forget that day. The day that Suzy died in his arms, the day that she wished upon them. Protecting Blessed is his duty, she can't die in vanity. She had the millions of humanity's hopes on her, the lives of young generation. He knew the outcome of it, he is prepared for the future punishments for him.

Blessed rose up and went towards him as she rested her head on his chest. She was crying, Chanyeol pats her head and embraced her. The breathings are heavy, the bodies are succumbed. They are very tired.

"You should eat." Chanyeol told him is half whispering. 

"Chanyeol..." she called with heaving lungs.

"I am so sorry for everything, I know it's my fault." tears formed at the corner of his eyes. 

"I can't eat."

"You should, I won't be able to hold back my sanity if you wouldn't." 

"But what about Suzy?" Blessed took few steps away from him and shook her head.

"Miss Blessed-." 

"What about Suzy?!" she yelled and gnawed. 

"I don't know, I can't take back the time. I can't go back anymore. I killed her!" he shouted and jumped out of the boat. 

Chanyeol began running away as his emotions burst and overlapped against each other. His hear is broken and still breaking until it is dilapidated. Blessed immediately followed him and tried to get him back. He tripped and fell, she pulled his shirt and apologized for what she said. He strongly disagreed and pushed her away. 

Blessed grabbed his shirt and hugged him from behind, they are crying, weeping. She wrapped her arms around him very tightly for not to lose him. Chanyeol tried to take her grip away, but she was really persistent. After minutes of resistance, he finally gave up and sat down. 

"Chanyeol please stop." she pleaded. 

"No, no, no. Please don't touch me. I'm a barren, unclean and wicked. I didn't deserve to be you're guardian." he continued.

"Chanyeol! Please stop! This is my will." she shouted. He was shaking, his shoulder and knees are wobbling. 

"You are loved, I have chosen you." she muttered.

"Thank you." Chanyeol responded as he placed his hands over his face as he continued to cry. They couldn't do anything to ease the tragedy in their eyes but to shed tears. The sound of his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter