A Kaleidoscopic World

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Blessed thought that it all had come to an end, she was surprised founding herself in the midst of time travel. With tiny hands and a very short body, she turned into an infant that happened to open her eyes for the first time. She lifted her head and saw several plastic and elastic toys hanging from the ceiling. The room was in pink and designed with pre-school inspired theme. At that moment, she heard a tickling sound of a melody. The music box lying on the table near the closed door automatically opened its lid and play soft notes. It was soothing and relaxing, with every movement of the small doll dancing inside of it, pictures of familiar people appeared on her mind. She was about to learn what really happened before her memories were tampered.

There were rays of lights dancing in her sight until the view shifted into a room of a young girl. Time skipped a little and things slightly changed. It was the same place she was before, but the furniture and its design were customized for a child. But Blessed was no longer a child, so it confused her. She looked at herself at the mirror and realized that her body was back at its normal size and volume. The frilly curtains fluttered at the gentle gushing wind. Half of the walls were showered by sunshine and dust. It was painted in candy pink and dark purple, it almost resembled a birthday cake. There were girly laces wrapped around the bed and a rack of her shoes were covered with baby blue fabric. She wondered if she was really back in her world, it was a combination of gladness and worrying. What if this is just another dimension that Luhan has prepared for her. She is becoming exhausted of his cryptic way of showing the truth, she wanted to put an end to all of it. She needs a long break before completely adopting back her real world. 

She sat back on the bed and the door's knob moved. Staring and anticipating whom is it, a woman's face who had a resemblance with Chaerin came. She was wearing a smile on her face as she greeted her daughter. She was their mother, and they never called her on her name. Mama, that's how they always addressing her. She loves her family so much, and she was a good person. She walked towards the study table and lifted the lid of a wooden box. A small doll dressed in a ballerina outfit popped up and began dancing in a repetitive routine. She also shoved the curtains and lines of synthetic butterflies fell from the window. They also dance along with the wind. The expression on her face tells that she is very happy to see her again. Blessed was astonished for a while as she watched her walking towards her. There was no hesitation in her eyes, she hurriedly wrapped her arms around her head and embraced her tightly. Warm tears streamed from her eyes are she felt her daughter's presence again. She cried and silently thanked the heaven for returning her beloved. 

Blessed doesn't know why she began crying at the moment that her mother kissed her forehead. Something on her chest tells her that she yearns so much for her, and she suffered while waiting for a very long period. It's been years, it's been a lot of seasons passed. Her friends who were the same age as her had all grew wide. Some of her classmates and neighbors have all grown up and attending a university. Mrs. Lee is very much happy and overjoyed how much she is reunited with her own flesh and blood. Her wide-opened arms received the urge to return the embrace that was given to her. She moved forward and hugged her rightly too. Tears and trembles occurred at the moment. She called her, she misses her so much. She longed for a her care and warmth. She cried in her arms and felt a slight regret of leaving without an explanation why she disappeared. 

Mrs. Lee only shook her head and said that it doesn't matter anymore how long she was gone on her side. She pulled her daughter's hand and they went downstairs. She sent her in front of the table and place plates of food there. She told Blessed to eat her breakfast and reminded her of attending her classes for today. Classes, it made her forehead furrowed into wondering if she was still dreaming. To know if she was really back in her world, she dipped her pinky on a cup of hot chocolate. She felt pain and it became swollen for a while. She doesn't know what she should be feeling now that she really departed from the World of Exo. Also, why Chaerin is not around if they are siblings and living under one roof. Things are turning a little suspicious, for their mother didn't even mentioned her. Her mind was blank until she stood up and got changed. 

With a faint smile, she left the house and head outside. It's still so early and it's just morning. The neighborhood was usually quiet and peaceful. Blessed passed one abandoned lawn mower with a bushes of grasses that is about to be cut. She rarely met people in her way, it was a pretty adjusting day because she still not used on how do everything looks and functions. All is different and modern, along with everyone's beliefs. Before stepping out, her mother wondered why she chose to wear a pair of black socks. She was surprised because she thought that black looked normal on her, but discovering that she disliked that color in the pass made her think what kind of person is Jieun before she came to the World of Exo. A soft chuckle came out from her, she could be very feminine compared now. If only Mrs. Lee will believe if she began telling her about her journey, she would be shocked how much she learned in surviving. Sleeping in cold and dirty places, drinking water from the lake, swimming into a electrocuted river and running without shoes. She couldn't convince herself how tough she became.

In her real world, it was filled with convenience and comfort. People are no longer travelling by foot only and communicating is easier. There were no spells or powers that are needed to get things done, it was a place occupied with technology and science. There were larger vehicles and taller buildings all around and a thing they called internet. Being back makes her hands numb, Blessed couldn't stop her eyes from wandering because all of it seemed to be so new on her. The expression seen on her face was an expression of an innocent child ignorant of her surroundings. With her right hand grips at the strand of her bag, she l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter