Hourglass Heart

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their countless footsteps hit the crisp drying yellow grasses of the ground. The doors and windows of the cabin were left all open, the place was suddenly abandoned at that moment. The view of the wilderness of the woods covered the day sky as the giant leaves blocked the sunlight. The wind is gushing through violently. Chasing their breaths, chasing the voiceless and the mage who is holding back the flow of time. The normal color of his eyes shifted into a fire of wrath. Tao is following Chaerin whose absent senses finally returned.

It was a surprise, and no one had an idea how did it happened or even started. The blue flame continued to burn her entire body, pain is quickly consuming her. Ending up screaming but couldn't cry for her friends help. She can clearly hear their calls with voices of worrying and wondering, Chaerin herself is not able to explain this bizarre moment. The tranquility of the nature has disappeared, the wind is blowing stronger and the sun is disappearing from the sky. Dark and gray clouds are covering the blue air, soon it's going to rain harder. 

D.O kept calling them, but they are barely responding. Him, Suho and Blessed struggled to follow the majority as they tried to take the rocky terrain of the woodlands. The place is wide and doesn't have a proper path to take, no clear directions or way. They continued to run faster to get closer to Chanyeol and Chen's side. She requested him to take her down, to lessen the weight on his shoulders. In order to catch Tao's lane, someone needs to cancel his spell that is preventing time from proceeding. 

Suho gave Blessed's hand to D.O. Before drawing a longer distance from them, he reminded him to don't take his eyes off her. The younger nodded as a sign of agreement as he watches the fellow sprinted away from their group. Chanyeol is already behind them and trying to make it faster, they can't just waste any moment now. The enemy is not a foreign person, it is Tao and his raging powers that is currently out of control. In this state, their abilities and spells are weaker and slower. When the time is paused, all elements and mages are tend to be fragile compared to normal people who doesn't feel any changes within. 

Chen's expression was filled with anxiety and worrying, he couldn't even utter a word or a incantation. He want to save Tao without using any means of force, he had learned to value these people. Friends, he realized that they never forgot him like his former classmates in school. They are always there and ready to listen to his thoughts and ideas, despite of having a heavy fight with Sehun they didn't said a words of rejection for him. These people are kind and understanding, especially him.

The man with natural dark circles around his eyes and an intimidating looks that he had since he was born. Sometimes he is repulsive and loud, but there are days where he was quiet and cautious. He is clumsy and childish too, but he is one of he best person that Chen met. He can understand why he is deeply affected on Chaerin's strange condition, he cares for her. He loves her so much. His muted compassion for her, the way he look at her. He is always watching every step she is taking, Tao was always beside her. Waiting for a rare chance to tell her about it, his unrequited love. Chen couldn't stand it, the slow pain that he is hiding from everyone. 

D.O grabbed Blessed's hand as he ran faster along with her. Never mind about the nature's grime falling on their foreheads and the beads of sweat too. It doesn't matter how they would look, the priority to get closer to Chaerin and Tao. To stop him, and to save her. He broke Chen's reminisced of memories as he called his name they was he used to be. The fellow mage glanced at him and waited for him to talk. 

"Hey what happened?" his eyebrows creased into complex curiosity.

"I, I don't know." Chanyeol responded while keeping his eyes on the road. 

"Since the blue flame appeared and began burning her, he panicked and lost a control over himself." Chen answered, with an expression of frustration. 

"Tao was never like this before." it's too late to express how does she feel, Blessed pressed her lips harder and looked at them with blank eyes. Maybe they will be able to find the answer once the trouble is stopped from getting worse. 

He was always normal, he never acted crazy or strange in the pass. Even though he is talkative and very cheerful, he never attacked one of his comrades. Tao was calm and composed, this is weird and unusual side of him.

Hunting breaths, sweating skins and numbing limbs. Xiumin couldn't recall how much time have already passed since the chase has began. They are exhausted and lost a sight of Chaerin and Tao, one could collapse at any time. They've already run a kilometers, there are no signs of them nearby. Blessed's group is still feet away from them, they are trying to catch the closest distance up. Kai was with him, he stumbled and gave up moving. He looked at him and gave a stare for a permission to use his power. This time, only Teleportation and Telekinesis can works against Time Control. 

The older stared downwards and took few seconds to ponder his decision. He looked back at him and nodded, he allowed Kai to use his power to find them  easily. The younger can still smell and tell where is the latest road that they just took. His rare and unique ability has began seeping from his bones, the senses of a wolf that haven't used for a while. With a half smirk that is always painted on his lips with alluring eyes of him, he stood up and began searching them.

Right after it, Lay arrived and saw Xiumin in the way. His hair is disheveled and his hands are in mess. He fell into a muddy ground before reaching him, gladly he was able to climb the tree covered in dirt. As soon as their eyes met, Blessed group came in. They are panting and tired, they quickly rested on the ground when they met. She fell on her knees, she can no longer run. Her stamina is lying low and her legs are wobbling because of the marathon running. Suho caught her back and helped her to stand up again, she thanked him with a faint smile. Somehow, this moment brings back the memories in the Wind City. When Tao and Sehun struggled to find her, but it ended up in a friendship.

The day that she began walking in the wonderful streets of the city once in a summer. The warm sunlight, the strong wind, the atmosphere strongly resembles it. The phase of her life where people sees her as an ordinary human and normal person. But everything changed when Tao caught her arm and forced her to surrender on their Station of Justice. Time is really passing by so fast than she expected, so much people have changed and discovered their dreams. Tao was just an average knight guard until she came and made his days different than before. He may look and sounded so norm and irritating, but he is actually complicated from the inside. His true iden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter