Breaking the Dark Reflection

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blessed's eyes were glued at Sehun, she was speechless for she doesn't know how to respond on what he had said. Her breathing turned into heaving, she feels like her heart is going to burst if she said any word to him. She understands how difficult his situation became, and it is all because of her why his title as the prince was stripped away. She slowly nodded as she tried take her eyes off him, he had a small wound at his cheek. She knew that she is guilty for all of his suffering, if only she missed the chance to meet him back then he would still able to live the way he wanted. 

She saw her gloomy reflection at the flawless and shiny marble floor of the Viscount's room. The air smelled sweet and smoky at the same time. The stale air passing by the window reminded her the days when there were still hiding in a dilapidated underground of a abandoned house. Things were still simple despite of the struggle of keeping her from the public's eye. Those times when King Selu was still alive and his heart hasn't been consumed by greedy and hunger for power. Blessed painted a small smile at her lips as she reminisced those memories. It all began as a mock or just a deal in order to erase her name from the list of hunted criminals, she never thought that it will turn out to be this hard. 

Blessed gasped for more air and looked at him, maybe this will the last time. She wanted to cry, but there are no tears coming out. She felt pain and desperation from the inside. She couldn't do anything to change his mind, she don't want to force anyone's will just to follow her. Last night, when she discovered that Chaerin was her fraternal sister she began realizing that there's no such thing as compulsory at the first place. She was shaking, she was hurt by what he said. He don't want to let him go, but if this his panacea she won't hesitate to freed him. Sehun walked towards and he pulled her closer as he embraces him. He caressed her hair and told her that she is going to more fine without him. 

She hold onto his shirt tightly and shook her head, it was hard to speak. She is silently bellowing from the inside. Blessed was tempted to peek into Sehun's heart, but she knows that she is going to violate him as a person. She closed her eyes and finally thanked him for always doing his best for everyone. She smiled and pats her head like his younger sister. The look in his eyes are dead but deep inside he is hurt too. 

"Take care of yourself." he said.

"Thank you." she muttered with a shattering chest.

Blessed was about to leave and meet the group, but the Viscount didn't allowed her to open the door. He plastered his usual smile as he invited her to have a casual tea party with him. Byun also wanted to discuss with her how he found Sehun and knew that they are coming. She accepted his invitation and sat down in front of the glass table. As Taeyeon began serving fancy cups and cake slices in saucers, she and Sehun couldn't help but to stare at each other. If this will be the last time they see themselves, both of them are glad their fates tangled for a while. The Viscount chuckled as he observed the potential lovers alongside him. They looked like people in novels or epics that everyone don't want to end up together. If he is not mistaken, they are considered star-crossed pairs. And unfortunately, people like them are always likely to have a miserable fin. 

Viscount Byun called Taeyeon and commanded her to join them. A moment of tensional silence occurred as he picked up his pastry fork and tasted the sweet. Blessed only stared at her food and didn't even took a small part of it. Sehun was quiet and staring blankly at the wall. Byun began blaming the boredom at the plain and uninteresting design of his holding room. The plain paint everywhere and the white marble resembled a asylum or a hospital. He was impressed that everyone there still had their sane. 

There were no paintings or artworks hanging on the wall. Even the curtains are only wide and long in pale shades. The window panes are high and giant, the smell of tobacco is still there. The air turned unpleasant along with the eerie atmosphere between each other. He glanced at Blessed and called her, she quickly looked at her and anticipated for his words. 

"I apologize for yesterday." he said with a sincerity. She only nodded and continued listening.

"Blessed to tell you, Sehun was brought into a human auction last night. I sent Boa and we succeeded in having him." he proceeded.

"Her step mother here is the ringleader and traitor of all traitors. After owning all of the lands and everything in Wind City, she tried wiping him out. She was trying to do something against you too."

"So it was her, that voice that I heard before. What a clever woman." Sehun joined their conversation.

"Of course you would feel that it was her, since you people have lived together for a long period." he pointed his fork at Blessed. She sighed and leaned against the chair.

"Whom are you talking with?" Sehun retorted.

"To both of you, except Taeyeon of course." he chuckled.

"You haven't explained what happened last night." Taeyeon's hands interlocked as she interrupted them.

"I don't remember giving you a permission to be at the same level at us." he glared at her.

"I won't be sorry, you should tell Blessed that you tried to kill this man." she glanced at Sehun. 

"W-why?" Blessed's eyes slightly grew wide.

"The answer is never complex or complicated. Sehun awoken my other persona who had a strong bloodlust. Then, I already suppose that he is your Guardian of Wind since his aura is odd." he put down his fork and plastered a wicked grin at her. 

"I can't even summon a stale air, what are you saying?" Sehun snorted.

"No, you only thought that you had. Wake up Oh Sehun, you are provoking me." he pointed out.

"Don't be foolish, that's impossible." he laughed at him.

"I am not lying, I stole your eyes but you quickly got it back."

At the midst of an intimidating conversation, a loud booming sound was heard from the outside. The walls and windows of the room shook for seconds. The Viscount was about to continue confronting Sehun, but Luna suddenly ran in and h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter