El XII

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ai and Daiyu strongly disagreed to the coming home of their brother and father. The little girl continued shaking her head as she stomped on the ground. She couldn't bear being with those people who are always hurting them. What if this time they will bring her on a trafficking house? What if no one can help them this time? She was afraid, the poor little girl is crying in extreme fear and anxiety. Yifan understands how they are reacting because he felt the same way too. He also don't want to live with those people anymore, they were a burden. 

All of their savings and fruits of hardworking will be taken away in an instant. Their father will put them all to waste, and they cannot allow it to happen again this time. Daiyu looked at his older brother and gave him a sharp expression of rejection. There's no way that those two people can live with them again. The young boy's hands balled into fists, he was quiet but he was burning in anger. He couldn't speak out harsh words because he respected Yifan a lot. And besides no one have ever wanted it from the very start. 

Blessed had to hug Ai and pat her back to calm her. She cried aloud while muttering words of worrying. The little girl fallen asleep as her sobbing stopped, she was tired for the day. Baekhyun brought her to her room and so Daiyu went out to make up his mind and emotions. There, the three of them were left standing in front of the door. Staring at each other's eyes and sighing, no one knows what to do. The fact that Baekhyun and Blessed haven't met their father and brother made them a bit more quiet. She couldn't think of a resolution, she doesn't know how it feels like to live with a parent. So she had no idea how to help the twelfth.

At the moment that Blessed's eyes were driven unto Yifan, her head suddenly aches. Flashes of old memories and unknown faces appeared on her mind. They were talking to her, but she had no idea what are they saying. Views of places that were very different compared to The World of Exo, she stumbled and fell. Baekhyun caught her back and quickly asked what happened. It took her few minutes to get back on her consciousness. It feels like something cryptic, but something so familiar and very connected on her heart. She doesn't know, she couldn't even recall whose people she saw.It all felt like as if they are all staring at her and saying words that describes her. She was dizzy for a while until she was able to take a deep breath. Thankfully, she was capable of keeping herself awake. 

Baekhyun stood up in front of her with hands on his waist and forehead furrowing into wondering why she turned that strange. Yifan remained standing by the door and staring at the outside world. The rays of the yellow sun reflected into his orbs, shifting its color into brown and light. A moment of silence occurred for a while, she ended up shaking her head too and closing . Blessed doesn't know how she would began explaining what happened to her, for she was clueless too. She remembered the day when she discovered that her memories are tampered. Being aware of that makes her had doubts with herself. There's no way to trust such pictures, now that no one knows what is genuine or made-up. But one thing is sure and real, Chaerin is her sibling. 

It was left unexplained and Baekhyun gave up on knowing what happened on her. He just sat down beside her and closed his eyes as he tried to take a short nap. All of them are tired because they have done a lot of things, and also will be doing a lot of things for tomorrow. Blessed frowned and felt disappointed to herself, for she doesn't know how to help the Wu siblings. She wanted to do something that will lighten up their expressions, but she thought it will be childish and she also couldn't even plaster a smile. The stale air and dust lingered by the fluttering white linen curtain by the window. Several people passes by and the usual sound of the surrounding remained there. It was between loneliness and exhaustion, it was quiet. 

Blessed rose up from there and headed to Ai's room. There, she found the little girl has already awaken. Her eyes were swollen red and tears seemed to be unstoppable, it was a heartbreaking view. She slowly stepped inside and closed the curtains with a frown her lips and heart. They looked at each other's eyes, she didn't hesitated to hurry to her. She wrapped her arms around the little girl and hugged her in warmth. She cried aloud on her chest as her tears gushed like a stream. She doesn't know how their father looks like, but she can already tell that he is not a good man by judging their reactions when Yifan said that he is coming home today. 

The curtain that covers the room lifted, it was Yifan and he went towards Ai. He knew that it wouldn't be easy for her to understand, but he wanted her to listen to him. He did not gave up to make her calm, he kept the tone of his voice on the line and gave her a smile that will enlighten her heaving heart. He sat down beside her and politely told Blessed that they had to speak one on one. She nodded and quickly went out of the room. 

Yifan wiped the tears on Ai's eyes as he told her that everything is going to be fine even of their father would come back home. He also admits that he is against it, but he had no choice. The house was their father's property and they were only his mere children. They don't have the right to protest against him even though he was the wrong one. They can't fight or talk back even if they are being abused. He reminded her those words that their late mother has said.

"To obey and respect father is one of the greatest thing that you can do." he told Ai.

Ai looked upon him as if she saw the starry night sky littered with sparkling stars. Her gloomy expression shifted into wondering, her eyes glistened at the drying tears. She had stopped crying and sobbing, her head fell low as a little frown painted on her lips. She was still young and couldn't easily understand things, but she is trying to meditate her brother's words. Her small forehead curled into thinking and deliberating it. How come you will still respect a parent that is very irresponsible and selfish? It was a pretty complex golden rule. Her hands that balled into fists cracked open as she sighed and slowly nodded. Yifan finally tamed her huffing, she glanced back at him and pouted with eyes of curiosity. 

Yifan chuckled as he feel glad that Ai stopped crying. He pats her head and smiled wider at her, they head out of the room and called Blessed. She was relieved that they have reconciled. The outbreak of emotions has been fixed except Daiyu. He's still nowhere to be found. He haven't returned home after an hour, he must he having a hard time believing his brother's decision. So they went to find him, he was not playing with his friends. They asked them, but they had no idea where Daiyu went. They checked if he is near the pond, but he was also not there. 

They went to the cliff, and Daiyu was there. He was lying on the grass and staring at the sky, Strays of green leaves are on his face and torso, he was not crying but his eyes are filled with anger. Yifan ran towards him as he picked his brother up from the ground. His hair was disheveled and his face was messed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter