The Voiceless

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

Xiumin and Chen stared into each other's eyes for a while. The two of them suddenly felt awkward so they quickly looked away. 

Chen was scratching the back of his head while Xiumin remained quiet while his eyes were on Tao's bare chest. His lips slowly curved into a small smile, she has began searching for the new twelve guardians. She has began choosing her allies, the wheel of fate has been moved. His hands touched the sleeping man's face. He was genuine, his soul was pure as his. He is slowly recovering from the injuries. 

Xiumin wanted how his powers would look like once he wield them, but something came to his mind. If he was a mage who came manage and control time, then he was from the country that was destroyed a long time ago. Oh, he was a survivor. A strong person, he thought. Chen tapped his shoulder, he was about to speak but he noticed his unusual expression. Like he was disgusted by the way he stare at Tao.

 "Chen, it's not what you are thinking." one of his eyebrows rose. He let sigh came out as he stepped away from the bed.

"Ah, I'm sorry Your Highness. I was just thinking where's your mark." he shrugged and laughed forcefully. Xiumin could clearly tell that he was nervous.

"On my right cheek." he answered precisely as he went towards the door.

"Really? But where?" Chen displayed an expression of surprised and doubt. At the very first place, why would Blessed chose a king if the current Guardians hated them. It's not that he's against him, he just felt that he shouldn't. 

"I am wearing a special makeup with a drop of spell. I need to conceal my real identity until dear Blessed accomplished her role." he was never lying. He looked straight into his eyes again, Chen felt his heart stumbled in guilt. There was a conviction and it's strong.

"That's amazing King Minseok." he plastered a fake smile. He couldn't understand why would she chose a someone like him. Yes, he was friend but really the Guardian for Frost? Chen was against it. He has decided to see Blessed once she awakens. 

While stepping out of the room, Chen saw the unconscious unknown woman at the left corner of the other room. The window was wide and made of glass, she was still there and resting. She was saved and her health has been restored. Some of her bruises has disappeared. She was so pale and thin. She resembled a white kite, only bones and skin left. It was almost impossible for someone like her to survive, but some instance she was able to hang on. 

They continued walking through the narrow plain white halls of the place. Chen knew it, Xiumin loves white. He was in love with peace and purity. He dislikes war and poverty. The country was beautiful and fairy tale like. It was a paradise for his people. None of them spoke, they just walked until they reached Blessed's room. Until there, he was wondering who was this woman and why did she seemed to came out from the necklace. Maybe she existed inside there, maybe today was her time to be freed.

Xiumin coughed and looked at him. He told him that needs to talk to Blessed. So he requested him to wait on the other room. He nodded and quickly left. Chen was jealous on how she looked and speak to him. If only he didn't got tempted on kissing her, maybe nothing would change. He was regretting, he really shouldn't have done it. She drew a boundary between them, and she was slowly getting away. 

He found himself losing his balance and touching the cold marble floor. Several people looked at him but they just continued. He quickly stood up and went outside. Today was a nice day, the snow was not falling heavily. Indeed he was sure that Xiumin was in control of everything in this place. Everything was covered and filled with white. Somehow it sickens him, he couldn't any color aside from it. But he understands why Blessed would choose to live here if she could.  Chen watched the people pass by, the minimal noises, the smokes from the building's chimneys, the cold wind. It was forever winter in the Ice City. 

 

Xiumin waited in front of Blessed's room until he could no longer see Chen's shadow. He exhaled and rubbed his hands together. Releasing the excitement to see her again, he knocked on the door. But after few seconds of half minute, no one twisted the knob and opened it. He thought she was sleeping again or maybe she was not in good shape. So he touched the knob and finally opened the door. 

He carefully stepped inside as he wandered his eyes around. She was there, sitting like a child on a single chair in front of the translucent glass window with knees bent and arms wrapped around herself. He smiled as went towards her.

 "How are you?" he greeted her cheerfully.

"I'm fine, thank you so much Xiumin." she knew that he was around, but while speaking she didn't looked at him and remained at her position.

"No, it's fine. Taking care of you is a pleasure of mine." he felt embarrassed but happy to see her being well again.

Blessed slowly laid her legs and stood up from her chair. She was wearing a pair of white pajamas, the room again was all in white. She looked into his eyes with a serious expression. Xiumin was surprised to witness that mood of hers, he became certain that she had realized.

"Is Tao doing fine?" she asked him, the window suddenly opened and the cold wind gushed through. Hair almost covered her entire face.

"Tao? Oh the man who was badly injured." he paused and placed his hand under his chin. 

"Yes." she agreed.

"He is recovering." he nodded and looked back at her.

"Thank goodness. Xiumin, do you really love the people of this nation?" the wind suddenly stopped blowing through. He didn't expected that question, Blessed's aura shifted into a roaring thunder. His heart began pounding, she was yearning for something.

"Of course.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter