First Page

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Next to last row of the train, is where Blessed are. A mere reflection of her face was seen at the glass before the snow-white view of the winter terrain. Trees and grasses were all covered by the snow and the wind is calmly blowing through. Staring by the window, dazed at the frozen in ice nature because season. Her lady hands were placed in her cheeks, she felt so cold in this journey. She doesn't had any pillow or blanket wrapped around her, only her casual dress and socks were protecting her from frosting.

Surrounded by sleeping passengers, it was a very peaceful time for her. No chit-chats, no chuckles, no voices of different people, no footsteps and small commotions. Just the sound of train engine that echoes to the cabin and the sound of their breathing. Just a calm silence, a different ambiance from the world that she knew. A moment like this is special for her but somehow it feels chilly to be alone in  winter where there is no one to hug or lean on to. 

"It's cold. Wish I have a pillow to hug so I won't feel alone." she said to herself with a slight frown.

The train continued its journey to the Wind City where wind is one of the primary resources. She can't wait any longer to see how it looks like, the outside world, a place that are miles away from the Ice City. Blessed fell asleep while staring at the window. Hours and hours have passed. She dreamed of a paradise, a place where she had a lot of friends and freedom.

"Krrrriiinnnggg! Krrriiiinnnggg!!" the bell rang. 

The trained have finally reached its official destination. The noise had awakened her from her deep sleep. Slowly opening her eyes, she saw that passengers were already moving away from their seats and preparing their luggage. It took time until she realized that she had to make a move too. An attendant walked to her direction and told her that it’s time to move out. 

"Madam, we have finally arrived at our destination." she told her.

"Uh, y-yes." she nervously responded.

Before rising, she took a look by the window and quickly picked up her single baggage and went towards the door. Stepping out her first foot outside the train, she was amazed by the view of the place. It was a new and different atmosphere. The station was crowded and there were lot of booths. Some merchants are even using wind spells for promoting their products. In every corner, in every side, it was a like dream to her. Every women and men passing by wore beautiful clothes and dresses. The structure of the place were well-designed, built and every detail was carefully done. She turned around and saw nothing but the beauty of the city's terminal. It was the same description that her friend told her before traveling.

Was fascinated for a while, she continued her walk. When she reached the train station's main gate. the weather suddenly became unexpectedly hot. It was summer and she didn't even kne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter