Super Shining World Chapter 9

Super Shining World

We went along the Han River. We meant the members of SHINee and me. Well, I know… Somehow that sounds strange!

I had decided to go with them, as you can think. It had been really funny when I had stood up. The guys had looked again really surprised –about my height. Compared to Jonghyun I was as tall as him or maybe even a little bit taller. And I can tell you that he wasn’t amused about that!

The weather was still warm but the sun slowly set and the light got more and more orange. I didn’t know where we were walking to, I just stayed at Taemin's side. We were talking a bit and sometimes one of the other boys threw a comment –more or less annoying- in our conversation.

I noticed two persons while we were passing them. Just in that moment one of them started talking to us.

“Excuse me.” The man with the grey and few hair said in English and really slowly. We stopped.

“Can you help us, please. Can you show us the way to the city?” He still spoke english. Onew, who stood closest to the man looked helpless to us.

“What did he say?”, Onew asked and suddenly all five were trying to help the old man. His wife just stood behind him and watch the action. I watched it a little while till I decided to help them and stop the not-making-sense-english of the boys. Well, I have to say that Taemin and Minho did not that bad but they just didn’t understand what the man wanted to know.

“Excuse me, guys. May I help you?” I asked the man in english and and went to him. The SHINee’s were just looking at me.

“Oh,do you understand me?” The man asked. He was still speaking slowly. 

“Of course I do. I’m sorry for the boys here. They don’t understand what you wanted to know.” I smiled at him and heard behind me Onew asking ‘What does she say?’

“Oh, don’t worry. I mean I don’t speak a word korean!” He laughed and I smiled again.

“So how can I help you?”

“Well, we want to go to the city. I know it’s a quite long way and we’d like to use the underground”, the old man explained. I nodded.

“Of course.” I showed him on the map where he had to go to reach the station. “Just a second. I have to ask where you have to leave the train.” And so I asked the guys in korean. They gave me an answer and I translated it into english. Luckily the tourists had already got a ticket –bought it through the internet which really surprised me.

“Thank you so much, young lady!” he thanked me and his wife did so too. They even bowed a bit and gave me a bright smile.

I turned back to the guys.

“Man, this girl has many surprises”, Jonghyun said and we laughed.

“For how long have you learned english?” Key was curious about it.

“Well, let me count… about eight years.”

“What!” that was Jonghyun again. “Eight years!”

“Yes I learned it in school in Germany.”

“Are you able to speak other languages, too?” Minho asked. “Just that we can inform you if we will get in a situation like this.” We laughed again. That wasn’t meant seriously.

“Well, I had learned french for two years, latin for five years, I learn Spanish and Japanese since a year, then of course I’m able to speak German and Korean more or less.” The boys’s mouths were all open. Even Taemin's.

“That was a joke, wasn’t it” said Minho.

“You don’t believe me?” I asked and smiled. “It’s the absolutely truth!” It really was, even though I couldn't hide my smile. Their faces were just too amusing!