Super Shining World Chapter 5

Super Shining World

After the lesson Taemin left with two other guys –probably his friends- and I was first alone till two kind girls got to me and introduced themselves. Hwa Young was a happy girl about a whole head smaller than me but really nice, like Mi Hi who was really shy –same as me- but unbelievable friendly and she’d got a little something that made her cute. Maybe the fact that she seemed to be really in love with Taemin. She said all the time something like “lucky you! You sat next to him and talked to him!” in such a high and sweet, at the same time, voice.

They showed me around in the building and after the morning lessons we sat together at a table and had lunch. We had a nice time and both were really funny, in different ways, but funny. We talked a lot about school, the differences of Germany and Korean –both were really interested about my home country- and other things I couldn’t tell you anymore.

After lunch there were two spare lessons for me –sadly not for Hwa Young and Mi Hi- and so I stay at the cantine to do some homework or do some korean grammar exercises. While working I listened to music. A habit of me. You could say that music was my everything and during nearly everything I did I also listened to music. That was the reason why I first didn’t noticed the guy next to me saying something. I took one earphone off and excused myself for not understanding while realizing that it was Taemin who spoke to me. He grinned.

“You like music?” he asked. I nodded.

“Really much. I looove music!” I spoke the ‘love’ a bit longer to mark it.

“Mind if I sit next to you?” he asked further on.

“No, of course you can sit here.” He sat down to my right and took out some things but suddenly froze and looked at me surprised.

“That’s ‘Noona nomu yeoppo’” he said and first I didn’t get what he was talking about till I noticed that I had to hummed because my iPod was playing one of my favourite songs. ‘Noona nomu yeoppo’ or ‘Replay’ as it’s called as well.

“Ehm, yes.” I didn’t know what to say.

“Well, you know the singers, do you? SHINee?”

“Ehm, yes… and I know that you are part of the band.” Now it was said. Taemin laughed brief.

“But you’re from Germany. And as far as I know SHINee hasn’t debuted there.”

“Internet.” Short but correct.

“You got to know SHINee through the Internet?” Suddenly Taemin seemed to be excited.

“Do you like our music?” I nodded.

“It’s good. I like ‘Replay’ most though the other songs are good, too.”

“Still can’t believe that you know SHINee!” He really was excited. “What other music do you listen to?”

“Well, I like K-Pop in general. Super Junior, T-ara, B1A4 etc. but I like also J-Rock and Alternative Rock.”

We talked about music. He was really interested in my opinion about every artist or band I knew or listened to, especially about SHINee. It was nice to talk to him. We exchanged opinions and thoughts till Taemin finally changed the topic.

“Well, honestly said I came to you because of the maths homework. Do you mind explaining it again or helping me a bit?” I didn’t. So we sat at the table and did together the maths homework. It was hard but still very funny. Here and there Taemin made a joke or I was frustrated because of not explaining it well enough so that he understood it. It was time to get to the next lesson.

“If you’ve got any problems, feel free to ask me. Even if it’s after school”, I offered him and smiled. I got a smile back and he nodded.

“Thanks.” He looked like he’d think about something. “You have a phone in the boarding-school? So I can call you if I’m not at school…” I shook my head.

“There is no phone but I can give you my mobile phone number if you like.” He smiled and nodded.

“Thanks a lot!”

 

I made my way to the next lesson and Taemin –he had another lesson- , too.

After school I went into my room and changed first of all my clothes. I wasn’t the type of girl that enjoyed wearing skirts. Jeans were a lot better. I thought about what to do. Most home work I had finished but here was still some work. I decided to go outside and discover the area around school. I took my iPod, mobile phone and the blog with my sketches on it and put everything into my bag. The school things were taken out of it. I hung it around my shoulders and went outside.

The school was set near the central of Seoul. There was a lot traffic and many people were still on the pavement. It was a short walk to the Han river. I sat down on one bench and pulled out my blog. While listening to music I drew something on the paper.