Super Shining World Chapter 4

Super Shining World

The boy sat down next to me and placed his bag on the floor. I took a deep breath and concentrated on the lesson. Well, it wasn’t that hard but a little part in my was really bright. I mean Lee Taemin was sitting next to me. Not that you think that I was one of this screaming and freaking out fan girls but he was still a famous person!

The teacher started with the lesson. Mr. Jung spoke about a topic that I did before so it wasn’t hard to understand.

“Well, I wanna say sorry another time. You know…” Taemin said to me and gave me a brief look.

“Like I said, it was my fault. I have to say sorry.” I wouldn’t change my opinion.  He laughed silently.

“Okay, other topic. Nice to meet you!” I smiled a little bit.

“Nice to meet you, too.” I answered and he gave me a smile. I was a bit surprised. Of course I had learned only korean the last time, but I didn’t expected that I would understand it so well. Well maybe it was because Taemin spoke slowly and clearly.

“My…” he wanted to continue but Mr Jung interrupted him.

“Taemin. Would you please so nice and stop flirting with the new girl. You should concentrate on the topic. As far as I know you’re not the best at maths.” Silent laughs sounded through the room and I couldn’t hide a little smile, too. Taemin mumbled something you couldn’t identify. I followed the lesson, tired to get all the mathematical terms  and wrote everything down till suddenly something pushed my elbow carefully. I looked to my right and found a paper next to it. There were some words written on it.

   Couldn’t finish my introduction. I think that’s not that friendly. My name is Lee Taemin.

I smiled. Well, if we were not allowed to speak then we’d write. I took the paper and wrote a few lines. It took some time because of the hangul sign I had to get used to.

   Hey Taemin-oppa. My Name is Janning Ute.

I put my names in the order that was typical for Korea, first family name and then first name, and pushed it back to Taemin. He read it but it took some time, till he wrote a new line. Probably he tried to imagine how my name had to be pronounced.

   Don’t mind if I can’t pronounce your name, Ute daesang. Where are you from? How do you  know that I’m your oppa? How old are you?

I had to smile while reading it but then swore inside of me. I didn’t wanted to explain to him, that I was a SHINee fan.

   I’m from Germany. I’m 16 at international age. I just thought that you are older than me.

From time to time it got harder to write the answer to his questions but I tried my best. While he was writing I concentrated on the lesson.

   Germany!? Wow, that’s cool. And you’re just 16? Thought you’d be at my age –18. …well, don’t get me wrong when I say you look older than you are :D

   Germany is different from Korea, of course, it’s on the other side of the world. About my age you don’t have to worry. I know what you mean. A lot of people think that I look older than I’m.

   Glad you don’t mind^^ For how long did you study korean?

   About two months.

A short answer but that was the truth. At that time I got the information that I’d go to Korea and got the material for learning it by myself. It was hard.

   Two months? Wow, if I imagine learning German for two months I wouldn’t be as good as you are in Korean!

   Thanks. I do my best!

The conversation stopped for a while. Don’t know why but it was like that. The lesson was not that interesting but I tried my best and even gave Mr Jung a few answers to his questions. Then Taemin wrote again something on the sheet.

   Do you understand that?

He made a gesture to the blackboard. I nodded and whispered: “I already did it in Germany.” Taemin seemed to be not happy about my answer.

   I don’t understand a single thing he is writing on the board and I did it last school year, too. I even learned it in the summer break and my family tried to teach it to me but I still don’t understand a thing.

This part was really hard to understand and I asked for some english translation or explanation of some words till I got what he wrote down.

   I’m sorry about that.

What to say else? I didn’t know.

“Time to do some exercises”, Mr Jung said and passed around some working sheets. It wasn’t hard to do. It was the same like the writing on the blackboard. I stated immediately and was half finished with the first exercise till I noticed that Taemin was looking at me and on his sheet. I looked up.

“Something wrong, oppa ?” I asked silently. He sighed.

“Like I told you. I have no idea what I should do or how I should begin.” His face looked a bit said.

“Well, if want I can try to explain it to you.”

“Try it if you like but I tell you that it will hard.” I began explaining the way I worked on the exercises. It was hard, like he said. The right terms were still missing and Taemin really  seemed to have no idea of what we were supposed to do.

After I-don’t-know-how-much time we finally finished one of the exercises.

“Man, that was really hard to do”, Taemin said and sighed. I couldn't tell him that it truly said a really simple exercise.