Super Shining World Chapter 2

Super Shining World

I woke up because of the sun.  Beams of bright light touched my eyes which made it impossible for me to ignore it. It was a nice way of waking up. I opened my eyes and tried to see something but at first my eyes had to get used to the bright morning light. It was a few minutes past six. A good time to stand up.

Today was my first day at the new school here in South Korea, in Seoul. I got up and did my morning exercises, five sit ups and something like this, to keep fit –well, that was not really the reason… Then I took a shower. The warm water had a relaxing effect on my body. I washed my hair and turned off the water. I took on my clothes. The school uniform. A white blouse with a dark blue neck tie, a dark blue skirt and black shoes and I can tell you that they didn’t look like the normal type of shoes I wore. I definitely had to get used to it. Next I combed my hair, dried it and combed it again till I was content with the way it looked. Then I put on my wrist watch, and the lot of bracelet I always used to wear. A black leather one, one with different coloured pearls –a gift from my closest friends who did it on their own- and a silver one with a few pendants which my mother used to where when she had been at my age. I also put on my silver ear-rings which were the chinese sign for love. At last I watched myself in the mirror and finally went into the other room. I took my bag and packed a few books and my dictionary in it with a pencil-case and a blog for the things I would have to write down. I took a brief look at my watch. 7 o’clock. I went out of my room, the stairs down into the wide room at the ground floor where already students were sitting and having breakfast.

The whole building consists of this room at the ground floor, the rooms at the first floor and a cellar.

You could say that the whole room was the kitchen, but with some desks and chairs to sit on. I went to the woman –she looked a bit older but really friendly- who was preparing the food.

“Good Morning” I said polite. The woman looked up from her work and smiled at me.

“Good morning. Did you sleep well?” She answered. I nodded.

“You must be the new young girl. Welcome here at Chung Dam High School’s boarding-school building!”

“Thank you very much.” The people here were so friendly.

“You must be hungry”, the woman continued. “Here.” She held a plate with some food towards me. “Your Breakfast. Enjoy it.” She smiled again.

“Thank you”, I said again and bowed a bit. Then I went to one of the tables where already girls were sitting. This house was only for girls and boys were not allowed to enter it.

The girls were really nice. Four were older than me and one –a pakistani girl- was even younger compared to my age. Most of them sitting here looked asian –like chinese people for example or more like the pakistani.

After breakfast I went back into my room to brush my teeth and get my bag for school. I looked for the lot of documents I had to give the headteacher and found everything fast. Then finally at quarter past eight I made my way the real school building. It was just a few metres away –both building were on the same area.

It was high with four floors. The façade was white, well it used to be white. Now it was a bit dirty. On the ground were already a few students enjoying the nicely shining sun before going inside. When I crossed all eyes were looking at me and sometimes they were even whispering but I didn’t understand a word. Well, light brown hair wasn’t that typical here in Korea. I took the few stairs to the main entrance, opened the door and walked across the full corridors. While saying ‘sorry’ and ‘excuse me’ a thousand time I tried to find the room of the headmaster.

I reached a corridor where not that much student were standing and so I took a little break to orientate myself. The building was really big. Looked at all my papers in my arm, trying to find a room number and finally got a result when…

When someone pushed me from behind. I stumbled, luckily caught myself but all the documents were laying on the floor now. I swore in my mother language and said quickly “Sorry” while picking up the papers. When I turned around to take the other pieces I notices a young guy helping picking up my papers. His hair was a mixture of blond and light red and somehow the colour reminded me to someone.

When all the documents were picked up we stood up and now I could see the face –kind and maybe a bit childish- of the boy. It looked familiar to me, too. “I’m really sorry”, I said quickly and bowed my head.

“Oh, that was my fault. I have to be sorry, really.” He smiled at me and it seemed that he tried not to stare at me. Well, my hair…

“May I…” I said and pointed on the papers he held in his hands.

“Oh, of course. Sorry.” He smiled again, this time a bit embarrassed and scratched his head.

“Thank you for helping picking it up.” I gave him a little smile. “Well, as I said I’m really sorry.”

“And like I said it was my fault. I didn’t see you. Shouldn’t walk backwards that often.” He laughed and I smiled.

“I have to go… The headmaster” I explained brief and turned away a bit to show that I had to go.

“Oh yes. Sorry for holding you up.” He gave me a last smile, then turned away like me and I went on.

Now that I had the room number in my mind it was easier to find the room. Still everyone’s eyes were on me. It made me a bit embarrassed but you could say that there was one thing that took control of my thoughts. The guy I ran into. Well, not really the guy, more the way he looked like. He reminded me to someone… But I didn’t got the name.