Super Shining World Chapter 8

Super Shining World

I decided to go outside. To see this part of Seoul by evening. I really enjoyed it last time. I had pack again my drawing stuff, a book and my iPod and now I was walking along the pavement next to the little wall that should avoid falling into the water of the Han River. It was still warm and there was a breeze playing with my hair. I got my hand in the pockets of my leathern jacket, the earphones in my ears and my look went around and tried to get as many things as they could get. After some time  I decided to sit down. I didn’t know for how long I’ve been walking. I sat on the wall and let my feet hang but they were to far away from the water to get wet. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Just listened to the music, just felt the wind, just smelled the water and all the other different scents.

I opened my eyes after some time and noticed at the edge of my view a guy. He was moving his lips but I couldn’t understand something because the music was too loud. I took one earphone out of my ear and turned off my iPod, then turned to the guy. His face was really unique and he had dark brown hair.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t understand a word because of the music.”

“oh, no problem.” He said and smiled at me.

“ So, how can I help you?” I asked friendly and polite. He seemed to be older than me.

“Well, my friends and me were just curious about the girl our little maknae was looking at.” On his face was a bright and a bit evil grin. Now I noticed the other guys who stand just a bit behind the one who spoke to me. They looked all familiar to me and the last one I looked at was Taemin. When I looked at him he rolled his eyes.

“I must apologize for them…” he couldn’t finish his sentence.

“What? Where is your respect? We are your hyungs!” Another guy spoke to him. He looked really unique, too but in a different way than the other young man. His hair was light brown. To describe the others, too. The third was the tallest of the group and had black or maybe really dark brown hair. The fourth one got light brown hair, too but it was a totally different cut and his face looked different, too.

“Well, Taemin, could you be so nice and introduce us?” the ‘fourth’ asked with a litle sarcasm. I grinned. Taemin sighed.

“Hyungs, this is Ute-daesang. We are at the same school and the same maths class. Daesang, this are Jonghyun-hyung, Onew-hyung, Key-hyung and Minho-hyung.” I smiled. I already identified them of course but it was really funny to see their faces when Taemin said my name. They were at least as good as Taemin’s in the maths lesson.

“Hey, oppas”, I said and didn’t get an answer at first. They were all starring at me, especially at my hair and I could see because of their faces that they tried to say my name. I laughed and Taemin with me.

“You should see your faces, hyungs.” He laughed really loud. “Well, to explain this all. I saw you and thought about if you could be you. You know there are more non-korean people here in Seoul than you.” I still laughed but really silently.

“Of course I understand, oppa.”

“Hey, Taemin. Is she the one that dances so well?” Minho asked.

“Yeah, that’s right. She’s the girl.”

“Did you mentioned that she is pretty?” That was Jonghyun and I turned a bit red.

“Yes he did. But he definitely didn’t mentioned that she is that pretty”, said Key and I turned even more red.

“And who of us has he girlfriend?” Onew asked and looked at Jonghyun. “Taken but still looking for other girls. Shame upon you!”

“Hey! I just told the truth, my opinion and leave out my girlfriend out of this!” Jonghyun was not amused. Taemin ignored the whole conversation and came next to me.

“Don’t worry they are always like this.” We laughed.

“Why are you alone here?” he asked further on. I shrugged.

“Hwa Young and Mi Hi had no time and the other, well… don’t know.”

“And what are you doing here?”

“Enjoy the nice weather, listening to music, making some sketches. Something like that.” The others quited their argumentation and listened suddenly to our conversation. Taemin and me were just in that moment silent when Jonghyun asked the others a question.

“Does she know who we are? I mean she doesn’t seem to be korean –I think Taemin said something like that, too- and she treats him totally normally.” I grinned and Taemin, too.

“Of course she knows who we are. But she’s not one of those screaming fan girls that go insane by seeing us.” He was absolutely right. Somehow I wasn’t really surprised by meeting them all after meeting Taemin before.

“So you told her that you are a star?” Jonghyun, just didn’t get it, well the others either. Taemin sighed.

“No. She is a more  or less a fan of SHINee but not that normal… That sounds stupid.”

“Let me explain. I like the music of SHINee and of course I know a few things about you all and I even watched ‘Hello Baby’ but… I’m not the type of girl that starts screaming and freaking out when seeing a star.” It lasted some time till they all got it. You really could see when finished thinking about what I said.

“You your favourite music is our music?” Onew asked.

“Well, not my favourite, because I don’t really have a favourite artist. I like a lot of K-Pop and J-Rock and Alternative Rock. I can’t compare K-Pop with Alternative Rock. I wouldn’t get a result if I do that.”

“But you could say that SHINee is your favourite K-Pop music?” This time Key asked. Why were they so fixed on being my favourite music? I laughed about that and Taemin –he already knew my answer- , too.

“Honestly said, no.”

“But who then?” It sounded like Jonghyun couldn’t understand that he wasn’t part of my favourite band.

“Make a guess” I said. And they started guessing. BIG BANG, SNSD, f(x) and many other but not the right group.

“I think you just forgot one group. One really famous group. And that’s the right answer.” Taemin laughed. He thought it was really funny to see his hyungs like that. He really enjoyed it. Minho wanted him to him the right answer but Taemin didn’t told it.

“Okay I have no idea. I give up!”, Key said and raised his hands. The others did so, too. Taemin looked at me.

“I’ll give them a hint.” He laughed and started singing a song. A really nice one and though his voice sounded completely different to the normal singer’s voice I identified it in just a second. He just sang a short path and the other SHINee members were thinking hardly. And suddenly Key got an brain-wave.

“That’s Super Junior’s ‘No other’”, he said loudly.

“Did we really forgot Super Junior?” Minho asked. You could see that he felt very embarrassing like the others, too.

“So your favourite K-Pop band is Super Junior?” Onew asked to be sure and I nodded.

“Yeah, I’m an real ELF.” I smiled brightly.

“So would you freak out if you see them?” Jonghyun was really curious about that. I grinned.

“Who knows?”

“So what do we wanna do now?” Minho asked.

“Don’t know. What are you going to do?” Onew asked me. I shrugged.

“Probably sitting here and listening to music. The this I did before.”

“Alone?” Key asked. I nodded and shrugged at the same time.

“You wanna come with us?” Onew asked. “I mean, only  if everyone is okay with that and only if you want to. You don’t have to. I mean it’s just an offer instead of sitting here alone.”