Discovery

Jealousy Overload

You are the type of person that absolutely cannot stay still for a long time. Being a dancer, it was simply a given. It was expected of you. And added to your addiction of practicing day in and day out, staying still just wasn't an option.

It wasn't an option until you were forced into it.

It had been on your mind since Dr. Choi had announced that you were to be bed ridden for the next week.

No practicing.

No dancing.

No moving.

Who in their right mind would ever tell you to stay still?

But that wasn't the problem at the moment.

Your problem was how to get out of the damn hospital.

And the creepy smirk Dr. Choi had on, was a definite bad sign.

And it was only confirmed when he rolled in a bunch of laundry bins large enough for a person to fit in.

You already knew where this was going.

"Dr. Choi. I know you don't expect us to actually get in one of those, do you?" Chaeri took a peek into the bin and winced as if the sight were that repulsive.

"I don't see any other option, do you?" Ahmi shrugged and began to climb in.

"So what's the plan?" Chinji asked, tucking her phone into her pocket as she neared a bin and also began to climb in, non chalantly.

Everyone followed suit, including you, Xiumin, and Eunbae. But Chaeri refused to be uprooted from her spot.

Her arms were crossed against her chest as a deep scowl was imprinted on her face.

"Frowning gives you wrinkles." Eunbae commented silently with a stoic face, but you noticed that Chaeri relaxed her face slightly, and you chuckled at her response.

"Well, get in!" Your manager urged Chaeri into the basket and you could see her struggle, avoiding the basket like it was filled with diseases.

"Don't worry, these bins are clean and new." Dr. Choi commented, which was enough for Chaeri to comply and enter, though reluctantly, she still did.

You eyed Dr. Choi and he only winked and held back a smile.

You knew exactly what that meant, and were grateful that he was able to convince the high-maintenance girl to finally get in.

"Okay, well, I'm going to go down to the crowd and tell them that I was the one who got a doctors check up and you were all just coming to visit me." Your manager spoke up and looked back out the window where the crowd had surprisingly grown bigger in the matter of minutes.

"I'll explain to the media and with the help of the president, we can just announce an official statement that will clear the misunderstanding."

"But it's not really a misunderstanding..." Ahmi mumbled more to herself, but you all heard clear enough to understand.

"Well, I hate to cover it up, but it'll only put the 5 of you in more danger if they find out the truth. Imagine all of your fans crowding this hospital building when Yejin gets the surgery. It doesn't only put you all in danger, but every employee and patient in this facility, it's a risk I'm willing to take."

"Wahh... Daebak. That's our manager-hyung!" Eunbae gave him a thumbs up and his smile brightened the mood and aura in the room instantly.

"Well time to get going. I'll get some of the nurses to roll you 6 into the basement, you can reach your cars from there and get out as soon as possible." Dr. Choi looked out of the door and ushered a few nurses to the room.

"What about the sasaeng that saw us?" You questioned immediately, remembering the receptionist's face.

"Well it's one crazy sasaeng versus our entire company, what can you expect??" Your manager shrugged before allowing the nurses to roll the 6 of you out of the room and into the elevators.

It didn't take long before you heard the doors close, and each ding of the floor levels reaching the bottom.

The 6 of you were dead silent and as soon as you heard the final ding, the 6 of you jumped out of the bins, gasping for air, when you didn't even realize you had been holding it in.

The nurses waved a goodbye at the 6 of you and smiled brightly as you raced to your cars.

"The four of you can ride in Chinji's car, I'm taking Yejin with me, we'll meet you at your house. Don't go to the dorm." Xiumin spoke up in urgency and in the spur of the moment, you all followed his orders.

Boy, do you regret that.

You raced out of the parking compound of the hospital, hiding your faces as you drove past all the reporters, in which you were able to get a glimpse of your manager struggling in the crowd with cameras stuck to his face as he tried to explain the situation.

As soon as you were past the hospital, you relaxed in your seat and leaned back in your chair, gripping your shoulder that was slightly starting to throb. You closed your eyes and swallowed the pain, making sure that Xiumin didn't notice, but as soon as you opened your eyes, you could already feel Xiumin's worried glances at you every other second.

"Yejin are you alright???"

"I'm fine, but the stitches are starting to rip, I'll just replace it when we get home." You tried to reassure him as much as possible, but obviously your statement didn't help to lower the panic and fear that you could see in his eyes.

A few more minutes, and you realized, Xiumin wasn't driving in the direction of your house.

"Xiumin, where are you taking me?" You questioned cautiously.

"The dorm."

"What?! Why?! You told Chinji we would meet them at the house, why the dorm?!"

"You can't honestly be expecting to keep this a secret from them anymore, do you?!"

"You're crazy and out of your mind! They can't find out about this! They'll tell my parents, and my parents will sue SM for not taking care of me better, when it was entirely my fault, and then they'll make me quit, and not to mention how much Kris, Yixing, and Luhan will hate me for not telling them earlier!"

"How much worse do think it'll be if they find out after your surgery, and even worse, if you aren't even the one to tell them. How angry do you think they'll be if they find out from someone else?!"

"You wouldn't dare...." You gritted your teeth as you glared at Xiumin. You were never one to get angry this quickly, and especially at Xiumin, but this was too much.

"You can't keep it a secret anymore.. at least tell those 3, they deserve to know more than anyone, more than me." Xiumin heaved a sigh and focused his attention on the road.

"Who do you think you are to tell me what I'm supposed to do." You whispered to yourself, and thankfully, Xiumin didn't hear it.

You crossed your arms across your chest and turned to the window, absolutely enraged with Xiumin.

He had no right to tell you that you had to tell them.

You were simply hoping that they never had to find out in the first place, but the more you thought about it, the more you realized that it was an absolutely unreasonable request and thought. They had to find out eventually, and Xiumin was right. You would rather have them find out from you than from anyone else. You weren't even sure what their reaction would be, but you knew it would be worse if they found out later.

Before you knew it, you were already stopped in the parking lot of the dorm compound. You sighed, trying to mentally prepare yourself for what was about to happen.

"I'm sorry.." You mumbled softly, but loud enough for Xiumin to hear, you knew he only meant well.

"It's alright, but I'll call the 3 of them down here. I'm trusting you to stay here and not run away, okay? Promise?"

You nodded, cooperating.

When he left, you could suddenly feel the panic that was rising in your throat.

You tried to repeatedly swallow it down, but it only seemed like you were really thirsty.

You blew out quick breaths in order to prepare yourself, but there was nothing that could ever prepare you for the moment that you saw the 4 of them walking from the elevator, towards the car.

You could faintly hear their conversation from inside the car although it was muffled from the window.

"You better not have scratched my car." Kris's voice sounded irritated.

"I don't get why you have to call us three down here.. Why only us?" Yixing looked to Xiumin with raised eyebrows, expecting an answer.

"This better be important, I'm missing out on my game for whatever this is." Luhan grumbled, sounding ticked off.

If only you knew how important this is, Luhan....

The closer they got to the car, the more nerve wrecking it was, and eventually, they were close enough to see you from the outside.

Their expressions lightened as soon as they saw you.

"Jin!" Kris called out.

"JINJIN-AH!~" Luhan cooed, and even in this situation, it brought a small smile to your face.

Yixing just smiled his dimple smile at you and you tried your best to force a smile to him, albeit the throbbing in your shoulder, you could already feel slight trickles of blood and the pulsing feeling beneath your palm.

You had to take another breath to calm yourself down before opening the car door and taking a step inside.

As soon as the boys saw you, they knew something was wrong.

"Hey, Jin, is something wrong?" Kris looked from your face which had become a bitter smile mixed with a crestfallen expression, to Xiumin's deep frown.

"What's going on??" Luhan questioned cautiously with worry laced between his words.

"Jinjin..." Yixing eyed you as if analyzing you would give him an answer.

"Are you going to tell them or am I going to?" Xiumin's voice sounded extremely bitter but still fragile.

"Tell us what? What's going on?" Luhan looked back at you, and you could feel the worried stares you were receiving which only heightened the fear in the pit of your stomach. You felt like hurling at any minute.

You were wearing a sleeveless shirt with sweats, after coming from practice. It was already late at night, and the dim light that came from the lamp lights in the parking garage gave an eerie feeling to the already growing tension in the air.

The 3 had already noticed you clutching your shoulder but before they could take a step towards you, you backed up, with your back against the car door.

"I.. have something that you 3 need to know..."

"Well go on.." Yixing sounded reluctant, as if wondering if they wanted to even find out.

"Do you ever wonder why I always wear long sleeves during concerts or in public, or when I'm at school, or with you guys?"

"Yeah, I mean it's odd, but I'm sure you have your reasons right?" Luhan chuckled trying to hide the worry in his throat.

"There is a reason..."

The three only squinted their eyes at you, and looked back at Xiumin who only nodded at you to continue.

"A few years ago, I got into a car accident... It was pretty bad, and in the process of trying to save myself, I had to crawl out of my car and ended up falling onto glass shards that... that embedded into my shoulder, deep enough to cut through muscle, the open wound only allowed more of the shards to lodge into the muscle, and after getting to the hospital, they were only able to remove most of the shards, but others were just too deeply embedded, that removing them at the time could risk paralysis in my arm. I was recommended a surgery back then...." You hadn't realized that you were staring at the asphalt ground, avoiding their stares that were boring a hole through your skull.

"I didn't accept it. I was barely able to debut, and I didn't want to risk paralysis when I had my future ahead of me.. It was like I finally knew what and who I was and I wasn't about to do something to take it away from me. But I guess it's finally biting me back in the ." You sighed, but they remained quiet.

"I've been on meds for the past two years, and the last time it was really bad was when we had our debut stage. You were right Yixing, I was supposed to perform with Chinji, but I couldn't because the previous performance opened up the stitches I had to keep my arm intact for the stage. And then there was that time when Himchan pushed me to the ground... If I wasn't injured then I surely wouldn't have been hurt that bad, but the bruising only got worse.. that's when Xiumin saw and I made him promise to me that he wouldn't tell you guys, and I really did appreciate it."

"You didn't ing tell us?!?" Kris had instantly turned to Xiumin fuming in anger while he had Xiumin by the collar. Xiumin didn't even react to it and only turned back to you.

Luhan and Yixing both seemed devastated, but you weren't sure from what. Was it because you were injured and needed surgery or because you didn't tell them?

You continued anyway, "Today during practice I suddenly collapsed and.. I couldn't feel my arm. At all.. They rushed me to the hospital, and thankfully I found out that it was temporary paralysis because that glass shard still in my shoulder, was grazing a nerve. I've been scheduled for my surgery next week to get it out."

For some odd reason, you had found the courage to remove your hand from your shoulder and you turned your head away from it, disgusted because you could feel blood on your palm.

The discovery had them in shock, but it was immediately overcome with worry and anger.

"Why the hell did you suddenly decide to tell us now?!" Kris yelled.

"Why are you so stubborn to not tell us something this important?!" Luhan followed.

"Jin.... You should've told us." Yixing shook his head in disappointment before you felt his arms gingerly hugging you.

You didn't cry, you were more relieved that they didn't hate you for not telling.

"I'm supposed to be looking after you, and I missed out on something this important?! I must be the worst brother in the history of brothers." Kris groaned also wrapping his arms around you, and Luhan eventually joined.

"I hate the fact that you didn't tell us sooner, but we know now, and we promise to take care of you better." Luhan declared proudly.

"I'm sorry.." You mumbled, but you knew they had heard when the arms wrapped around you,  tightened.

"I need to clean up the wound, but I can't...." You sighed and kept your eyes closed afraid to see blood.

"I'll clean it." Yixing volunteered with a small but worried smile.

"Look, if you guys are looking for a reason why I didn't want to tell you, it's only cause you all worry too much about me and I didn't want you all to add another problem to the list that I create for all of you. And I didn't want you to tell my parents either..."

"We would never do anything that wasn't for your own good." Luhan gave you one of his genuine smiles but you couldn't see it behind your closed eyes.

You smiled anyway, imagining him smiling in your head.

"We're going to her house, you guys can come if you want." Xiumin nodded his head toward the car and linked his arm with yours, leading you to your seat.

"Of course we're coming... We'll just call the rest of them and let them know." Yixing began to take out his phone and texted a message letting the rest of the members know where they'd be for the night.

"If it makes any of you feel any better, I'm bed ridden for the next week until my surgery."

"Good. I think it's finally time to test how long you can last staying still." You could tell Kris was probably smirking and the others joined him in his playful laughter while you grumbled in your seat, irritated by his efforts of a joke.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________

A/N:

You probably can't even imagine the suffering I am going through at this very moment because my one and only Baeby, is reported to be dating Taeyeon.

As if my fic couldn't actually come to life, it just did.

WTF.

I absolutely DO NOT ship it, for obvious reasons, and it literally made me cry for some crazy reason.

It's not that I'm some crazy sasaeng that doesn't want them to date anyone till they die, I was just hoping it would be anyone but SNSD, because they are literally announcing publicly, everyone who's starting to date, and ironically enough, SNSD is involved in the majority of relationships that have been revealed.

BAEK ISN'T EVEN MY FIRST BIAS TO BE STOLEN BY SNSD.

NICHKHUN WAS ALSO TAKEN BY TIFFANY AND I AM FURIOUS ABOUT THAT. BUT NOT AS PISSED AND MAD AS I AM BY TAEYEON AND BAEKHYUN.

CALL ME CRAZY BUT THAT'S WHAT I'M FEELING AT THIS VERY MOMENT.

AND I'M SURE THE RAGE WILL GO AWAY EVENTUALLY, BUT AS OF NOW, THE SADNESS AND PAIN IS TURNING INTO RAGE AND I JUST NEEDED TO RANT FOR A BIT.

sorry about the explosion, but I needed to get it off my chest...

Sadly enough, they have actual pictures to prove it, but I will not believe anything unless Baekhyun comes out with an official statement that are his words and no one elses.

I WILL LOVE HIM FOREVER.

Author-nim is done ranting. Thank you.