The Date Series: The Wilderness

Jealousy Overload

"Okay, when you said 'we have the whole weekend to ourselves'.. I didn't think you meant it this way!" You sighed exasperatedly.

"Oh, come on, don't be a party pooper, it'll be fun!!" Baekhyun smiled.

"I can't be a party pooper if there's no party to poop." You muttered under your breath.

"Just help me out, would you?" Baekhyun turned back to the tent he was having some difficulty pitching.

A few days ago, Baek told you to free up the entire weekend so that the two of you could spend the whole weekend to yourselves. So you did just that. Unfortunately you weren't quite expecting the outcome of his plans. You didn't realize it, until he started driving from a paved road, to a dirt road.

You pouted while walking up to him and helping him out with the tent.

"This kills." You whined to yourself.

"We're almost done! We're only here for the night, then we leave tomorrow! It's the only weekend I had off, and right now, the guys are covering for me. I could be in serious trouble with manager-hyung when we get back. At least appreciate all the effort and trouble I'm going through for this." Baekhyun sighed and went back to his work.

You suddenly felt more than just guilty. You had been acting like a baby ever since you arrived. You just weren't quite fond of the outdoors. And it wasn't all that fond of you either. You just didn't mix right. But the last thing you wanted to do was to burden Baek, he did  put in all the effort after all, and instead of being a good girlfriend and cooperating and appreciating him, you were making him a babysitter instead.

"Sorry.." You apologized immediately, feeling the guilt eat away at your insides.

"It's alright, now come on, let's get this thing up."

"Okay!" You gave him a thumbs up and started working on the tent with him.

After a good struggle with the tent, you and Baekhyun had finally won. The tent was pitched and the camp was set up. You even had the pots and pans and lamps, and everything possible for a camping trip, except...

"EHHH?!?!?! Where's the graham crackers?!?! You bought marshmallows and chocolate, but no graham crackers?!" You screamed in sudden panic after looking through the bag of food.

"It's right here!" Baekhyun came towards you and looked through the bag with you. He took out a box of graham crackers and showed them to you. "See?"

"Yah! Babo!!" You screamed in frustration while grabbing the box from him. 

"Bwohaeyo?!" Baekhyun screamed back.

You shook the box in his face and he looked at you with a strange expression.

"What's wrong here?" You asked him.

"I don't hear anything."

"Exactly! There's nothing in the box you idiot!!"

"Wait, what?!" He took the box from you and opened it, only to give you a look of realization.

"Chanyeol." He finally spoke after rolling his eyes with a sigh.

"What about him?"

"He was digging through the bag before we came here. He ate all of the graham crackers!"

"Aish! That giant will get a piece of my mind when we get back,  just you wait and see!"

"Let's take a walk to cool off, alright!"

"Ugh, he ruined the camping trip!"

"Come on." Baekhyun pulled you up to your feet and pushed you towards the trail while you continued to mutter incoherent words to yourself. Baekhyun chuckled at your silliness.

Once you were able to calm down a bit, you continued on your trail walk with Baekhyun. Simply looking at your surroundings and trying to enjoy the nature as much as possible.

"You know me and nature don't mix! Why here?!" You whined again.

"It's your chance to be one with nature! This is me trying to help the two of you get along!" Baekhyun smiled innocently at you.

"You act like nature is a person." You scoffed and walked ahead of him.

"Oh come on, just try and have fun while we're here okay?"

"Try."

"Yeah, that's all I'm asking." Baekhyun cutely begged you, he grabbed your arm lightly and spun you around to face him.

"Fine.. I'll try.." You sighed dejectedly.

Suddenly Baekhyun froze on spot as his eyes widened.

"Kwenchana?" You asked him reaching for his hand.

"Jin... Don't move."

You froze at his words, all of a sudden frightened.

"Why?...."

"There's..."

"There's what?!"

"There's a tarantula behind you."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" You screamed as high pitch as possible.

Baekhyun held his arms wide open, smiling mischievously, ready for you to jump into his arms like the little girl you were, but he got a different reaction from you instead.

You ran in the other direction as fast as you could, up the hill and away from Baekhyun.

He groaned. "Ugh, if I knew she was going to do that, I wouldn't have lied. There's no tarantula, that babo." He sighed and started up the hill after you.

After a good 5 minutes of chasing you, you had stopped to catch your breath while Baekhyun was able to catch up to you. You were heaving so much that you had to hold your chest.

"Jeez.. If I knew you were going to run in the opposite direction, I probably wouldn't have made that up!." Baekhyun clutched his chest in the same manner as he leaned over and held his knee for support.

"BWOH?!?" You grew furious, immediately forgetting how out of breath you were.

"You were supposed to run into my arms." Baekhyun sighed heavily.

"And how'd that work out for you, you jerk!" You punched him hard in the chest.

"OW!" Baekhyun keeled over on his knees. He looked sincerely hurt.

You felt worried for some reason, not realizing how out of breath he must have been.

"Are you okay?!"

There was a moment of silence between you two and you couldn't see his face, when all of a sudden,

"Merong~!!" Baekhyun jumped on his feet and ran back down the hill.

"YAH!!!!!" You screamed chasing after him.

 

 

 

 

After a long day together, it was time for dinner.

"What's for dinner, babe?" Baekhyun asked while sitting in the tent watching you cook outside on the grill.

"There is something definitely wrong with this picture." You sighed continuing to grill the meat.

"Why?"

"You're the man, why am I the one grilling?!"

"Well, you cook better than me!"

"You should at least learn how to grill meat."

"Well, too late now!"

"No. Come here." You ordered strictly pointing to the spot beside you.

Baekhyun sulkily got up and walked towards you.

"Here." You gave him the tongs and waited to see what he would do.

"What do you want me to do with these?" 

"Grill the meat!" You smiled excitedly and watched from behind.

"Like this?" He flipped the meat over on the grill and looked back at you for approval.

"Anniyo!" You walked up behind him and wrapped your arms around him, placing your hands on his. You flipped the meat back over.

"It's not ready yet. You see? The meat is still pink." You looked at him and was surprised to find him already staring straight at you. You were mesmerized in an instant and couldn't take your eyes off of him.

Before you two could get any closer, Baekhyun suddenly yelped and you turned your head away to break the trance you were in.

"Ow!" He clutched his left hand to his chest.

"Whoa, what happened?" 

"I burnt myself.." Baekhyun pouted cutely at you and all you could do was giggle.

"Come here." You took his hand away from his chest and examined the redness that began to form and the blister that was slowly appearing. You frowned upon it. You brought his hand up to your lips and kissed the wounded area.

Baekhyun blushed immediately, and upon seeing his expression, you couldn't help but laugh even more.

"Better?"

"A l-little..." He stuttered.

"Come here." You chuckled again and brought him to the ice chest. You placed his hand into the ice and you could see his look of relief.

"Better?"

"Definitely." He nodded like a kid.

"Now how about that dinner?" You smiled at him brightly.

And at that moment, everything around you blurred for Baekhyun. He could only see you. There wasn't a single star in the sky that could outshine you, not even the flame from the fire blocked out his view of you. He sat there for a second just staring at you as if he hadn't seen anything as beautiful as you in his whole lifetime.

You looked closely at him, curious as to why he was staring at you so intently.

"Baek? You alright?"

"Huh? Oh.. Yeah, sorry. Where were we?"

"Dinner?"

"Oh.. Right!"

He chuckled lightly to himself as he followed you to the park table.

"So, let's try your meat, shall we?" You forked a piece of meat and dipped it in the barbeque sauce, you put your other hand underneath, and held it up to Baekhyun's lips waiting for him to devour the food.

He gladly ate the meat on the fork and began to chew, examining it carefully.

"Here, you try." He did the same for you, but instead made airplane sounds as he moved the fork around as if it were flying into your mouth. You held your mouth open and waited for him to put the fork in your mouth.

You chewed carefully and nodded, "It's satisfactory.. Edible.. and not too bad!" You gave him a thumbs up and cheekily smiled.

"Pshh, you'd still say that even if it tasted terrible!"

"No." You shook your head, "I'd never do that!"

"So.. IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD?!"

"Yes!" You nodded to his surprise.

"I will grill you all the meat you want when we get home!"

"Whoa there... I said satisfactory! You aren't a chef yet!" You smirked and continued to finish your dinner, smiling to yourself the entire time.

 

After a filling dinner, you and Baekhyun headed out to a nearby hill that had a clear view of the forest, mountains, and stars.

"Beautiful isn't it?" You smiled looking at the sky.

"Yeah.." You hadn't noticed Baekhyun staring at you the whole while you were talking.

He eventually turned his head up to the sky and watched the night landscape with you.

"It's not so bad I guess."

"So you finally get along with nature?" Baekhyun smirked at you.

"Getting there.. But you know, being up here in the mountains, makes me feel closer to the stars." You gazed up at the night sky, admiring it's artistry and how it seemed as if each star were placed carefully in it's spot.

"You like stars a lot huh?" Baekhyun asked you, his voice gentle and admirable.

"Yeah.. all stars are failures." You smiled, mesmerized by each twinkling spot on the black canvas of the night.

"What?" He asked confusedly.

"It might not make sense to you, but we're all like Hydrogen molecules in space.. Just floating around, waiting, for something, to be something... Do you know stars are made of a huge bunch of Hydrogen molecules? All those molecules... they're like us. But to become a star, there has to be some kind of push. Something that would compress the molecules together. The mistakes we make, it's that push. When a bunch of people make the same mistake, it's like a star is being made. You all come together from one common thing. That push. That mistake that makes you all the same at some point."

Baekhyun looked curiously at you, and you turned to see his expression. You chuckled at him, "I'm guessing you didn't really get any of that huh?"

"Nope..."

"Well let me put it this way.. You know that quote "Aim for the moon, if you miss, you'll land among the stars'?"

"Yeah." He nodded.

"That's just it. We all aimed for the moon, but we didn't make it. But instead, we all ended up on the same star. That star we all have in common. That goal we all couldn't reach."

"Ahh... I see." He turned back up to the sky and looked at each and every twinkling star he could see.

BACKGROUND MUSIC START!:      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDc7JP5-0QA

 

 

"You know the other reason why I like stars?"

"Why?"

"If I'm looking at a star at night.. There's always someone somewhere in the world who's probably looking at the same exact star out there. Maybe at a different time. But it's still the same star."

"You know we're leaving for the SM Town concert in a few weeks right?"

"Yeah.." You sighed recalling the sad fact that he would be leaving for a year. And you probably wouldn't be able to contact each other for awhile.

"Well do you see that star, just a little bit off to the side of the moon?"

"Mhnn.."

"Promise me you'll look at that star every night and think of me? I'll do the same. Every night. That way, I'll be that person somewhere in the world who looks at the same exact star you see each night."

"Promise."

You locked pinkies and and smiled gingerly at each other.

Baekhyun began to dig into his pocket, and you waited for him to finish.

He placed a closed fist in front of you, slowly opening it to reveal a necklace to you.

 

"Oh? It's your symbol.." You placed the necklace in the palm of your hand. He took it and placed it on your neck, clasping the hook on the back.

"I'll be the light in that star you'll see every night. If there's ever a time you can't get to see our star, look at the necklace. And even if you don't, I'll always be in here." He pointed at your heart, and you could feel yourself warming up at his words. How could he possibly make you feel this way? It was crazy. You never believed in those 'happily ever after' fairytales, and never saw yourself to be in this position, but here you were.

You leaned your head on Baekhyun's shoulder and continued to watch the night canvas like a picture perfect painting.

After a few minutes, Baekhyun slowly turned his head towards you, looking at your lips eagerly. He leaned in closer and closed his eyes waiting for that moment when his lips would touch yours. But before he could even kiss you, he felt something drop into his lap.

He looked down and found your sleeping head, resting peacefully on his lap. Disappointedly, he sighed and gave off a small chuckle, "There's always tomorrow for that kiss..." He looked down at your pink and plump lips again and smiled to himself, "Then again, there's always now." He leaned down and gave your lips a small peck before lifting his head, satisfied for the night.

"Time for bed, princess." He carried you in his arms, bridal style. He let your head drop into his chest as he ped the tent and placed you under the several blankets he had set up earlier. He snuggled into the blankets with you, and as if on instinct, you curled up closer beside him, and the two of you fell asleep that way. Cozy, and in love.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________
A/N:

So yeah! That's it for the date series! We'll be back on track with the story in the next chapter! I just wanted to add some more fluff into your lives<3

I'm soo happy right now, like you have no idea. 

I feel like I get more subscribers with each passing day! AHHHHH<3 I love you all, thanks for reading this story, and honestly when you guys comment and subscribe, I feel like dancing around in my room and jumping with joy<3 You guys make my day ;D HAHAHA

Anyways, KCON anyone?(: AHHHH<3 I'm excited.

And how'd you guys like the background music? I got it from Dating Agency: Cyrano! It's an awesome drama, and I kid you not. YOU MUST WATCH IT! IT'S REALLY GOOD... But be warned about the main couple... I was a little disappointed by that.. BUT OVERALL! It's a really good drama<3 There's two cute boys too(; HAHA.

 

 

Comment!

NO PLAGIARISM PLEAASE!