Missed Chance... Again.

Jealousy Overload

Kris woke up extra early that morning and so did the rest of EXO-M out of his request. They all got dressed and called for Jinmyun-ahjussi to pick them up earlier. Kris left you a note on your nightstand saying they'd be leaving early for some kind of urgent business. You woke up and read the note, which only added to your suspicions.

"More secrets huh? They just keep piling up." You scoffed and got dressed. As you opened your closet, you browsed over the color-coordination and chose your outfit.

You wore a navy blue polka-dotted sweater with white skinnies and your ankle booties.


You stopped by Chinji's room and told her of the boys' early departure. She headed to the kitchen with you and began cooking breakfast for two.

"It's quieter now, huh?" You smiled.

"Just like it was before." Chinji chuckled.

"Hey, just cause it's quiet, doesn't mean we weren't loud in the mornings." The two of you laughed while having a simple conversation like you used to as you both finished breakfast.

You both headed out the door and to school. But you were surprised to find that EXO-M still weren't there.

 

 

"Hyung, what are you planning?" Tao tugged on Kris's sleeve.

"Just something." Kris flicked Tao away.

The six of them were in a flower shop for some odd reason and all Tao knew was that they had to wake up hecka early because of something 'urgent'.

Kris was looking through a row of pretty flowers, but he was staring so intently at them as if trying to figure out how a flower works. Luhan decided to make a joke out of it, I mean, when there's an opportunity to humiliate Kris, take it!

"So uhm, excuse me sir, that would be what we call... a flower." Luhan spoke slowly as if educating Kris.

Kris retaliated by smacking Luhan in the head. "Yah! aish..."

"Remind me, what were Jinjin's favorite flowers?"

"Wae?" Luhan smirked.

"Well you know..."

"Oh yeah! You're asking her today!"

"Asking? Asking what?" Tao peeped his head over Luhan's shoulder.

"Kris is asking Yejin to the dance!" Luhan gestured towards Kris. Kris simply rubbed the back of his neck, "Hehe..."

"Hyung! You're leaving us!" Tao whined.

"Yah! This is the only time he can do something like this. Because if 'you-know-who' is here, he can't." Lay whacked Tao on the head.

"Ohh.. Ok then." Tao waddled off to the other side of the shop.

"Do you guys remember what her favorite flowers are?" 

"Waah, even me and Lay know that, and you don't?" Luhan gaped sarcastically.

"I just forgot! I don't usually par attention to that sort of stuff." Kris shrugged.

"And that's exactly why you're in this position. Take it from someone who knows how to treat a lady." Luhan gestured towards Lay and himself.

"Whatever, can you just tell me what her favorite flowers are?"

"If I'm right, it used to be purple lilacs, then it was lily of the valley, then what?"

Luahn turned to Lay for an answer.

"Uhmm, I'm pretty sure it was the delphinium right?"

"YAH! I don't need to know what is was before, what is it now?!"

"Uhm, it's either a white rose or hydrangeas." Luhan shrugged.

"I think the white rose is more romantic." Lay cooed.

"Alright whatever," Kris turned to the ahjumma selling the flowers, "Ahjumma, can I have one white rose please?"

"Arraso, young man."

So Kris received the white rose and went to school. When they arrived, the campus seemed pretty much empty.

"Hyung what time is it?" Tao questioned.

"Uhm, 7:45..." Kris's eyes popped out of his eyeballs.

"Damn! You didn't keep track of time! We're all late by 15 minutes!" Luhan ran to class, while the rest of them dispersed to their different buildings.

And soon 1st period passed, then 2nd, and 3rd and 4th. Finally~ Lunch!!

You were all sitting in your table once again.

"So you aren't coming to practice today?" Chaeri nudged your arm.

"Oh, well actually I might. I could use a break from the book, you know?"

"Oh alright then, lets meet out in front of 'A' after school and we'll head there together, yeah?"

"Oh wait! I was actually supposed to meet Kris after school today! Sorry guys. I'll just meet you there kay?"

Chaeri scowled for a millisecond before nodding in approval.

"We'll I'll see you guys later I guess. Don't wanna be late for Calc, right?"

As soon as you left, Chaeri started to giggle.

"Since when did she want to be early to Calc? No one ever goes to Calc early!"

"She's probably gunna study some more, which is why she's going now. No one would be in the classroom right now.

 

And she was right, the class was empty.

"Perfect." you said as you stepped into the empty classroom. You found your seat and began taking out your materials for class. Suddenly your professor came in through the door. You bowed upon seeing him.

"Yejin, can I ask you something?"

"Ne, ssaem."

"I saw a Major cancelation letter in the office today, and it had your name on it. Knowing you Double Major, what are you quitting?"

You stiffened. , I forgot about those.

"Oh.. ne Kim ssaem." Your expression cringed with guilt.

"Actually, ssaem, I haven't decided yet..."

"You know... Major cancelations are only for debuting stars... Are you going solo?"

"Anniyo, I'm with my group, sir."

"Ahh, so have you asked your parents about it?"

You gaped at the sudden realization, crap. I forgot to tell them!

"I'll take that as a no." Your professor began to laugh, "I hope you make the right decision. And don't worry too much, I'm sure they'll support whatever decision you make."

"Yeah, I hope so too."

"Which statement were you answering?" Kim ssaem half-smiled and smirked.

"Both, sir." And with that, the bell rang. You bowed once again and made your way to you desk.

Yeah, I hope so, except for the fact that I haven't even told them I'm debuting.

You slumped in your desk as your worries began to pile up. You groaned in dismay.

 

 

As soon as all your classes ended, you made your way to the front of the 'A' Building and waited at the courtyard, you checked your watch: 2:32 pm.

You canceled your after school violin lesson for the day cause you needed a break.

Out of nowhere, someone tapped your shoulder. You were expecting Kris but you were clearly mistaken.

"Oh? Ryeowook? What're you doing here?"

Ryeowook was standing in front of you with one hand behind his back.

"Uhmm, I wanted to ask you something." He nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh yeah, of course."

"Well I know I wasn't one of the people who put a note in your locker, but I didn't want to be just another one of them, and I wanted to surprise you...."

You simply cocked your head to the side and squinted, still not getting his point.

"I just wanted to ask you out to the dance!"

Ryeowook cutely and embarrassedly removed his other hand from his back, revealing a bouquet of your favorite flowers and shoved them towards you— it was a bouquet of hydrangeas. 

 

Kris was on his way to the courtyard in front of Building A. When he spotted you, you were checking your watch, and just as he was about to approach you, someone intercepted him, so he quickly ducked under one of the bushes near you to eavesdrop.

 

"I just wanted to ask you to the dance!"

Kris stiffened, this situation seemed awfully familiar— because it HAD happened before.

 

*FLASHBACK*

"Okay, so I'm going to ask her before lunch starts. Thanks for all the help man!" Baekhyun nudged Kris while self-motivating himself.

It was November 11, the day Baekhyun had finally decided to ask you out. And with the help of Kris, Baekhyun had planned it all out. But on the inside, Kris was imploding.

The moment Baekhyun told Kris about his plan and needing his help, Kris was crushed, but he obliged, simply to help a friend out. With everything Baekhyun had asked Kris to do, every action that would probably lead you to Baekhyun, Kris had to bear with the pain of losing you, being reminded every second of the way. He forced himself to let go. It was practically as if he was handing his one and only love to Baekhyun.

"No problem." Kris half-heartedly smiled.

As Baekhyun strolled away, Kris finally made a decision. He couldn't just give up on you like that. It was time to think of a plan.

 

He decided to write all of his feelings on a note and put it in your locker and hope you would read it before Baekhyun could get to you. As he watched from the end of the hallway, you slowly walked to your locker as Kris's hope grew, but as you neared your locker, Baekhyun intercepted you, and that's when it all happened. You were showered with roses and chocolates— from Baekhyun.

Kris's hope faded in an instant and he watched Baekhyun trying to drag you somewhere. You quickly put your books away and dashed off, disregarding the note that drifted to the ground. Kris quickly collected the note before anyone could pick it up. He crumpled the paper and stuffed it into his pocket.

"Guess we weren't meant to be..."

*FLASHBACK END*

You smiled at Ryeowook and took the flowers.

"Of course I'll go with you—but just as friends kay?"

"No problem." Ryeowook smiled back.

"How did you know what my favorite flowers were?"

"I remember, you told me before."

"It was sweet, Thanks."

"Of course!"

And with that you gave him a hug and said your goodbyes.

Kris saw it all, the way you smiled and took the flowers. He heard it too... Your favorite flowers.. the Hydrangea and not a white rose. Kris decided to reveal himself as he slipped away from the bush and walked towards you.

"Oh Hey Kris! OOOOOH, who's that for?" You pointed at the single white rose. Kris had completely forgotten about it.

"Oh this? It's for no one." He quickly stuffed it in his pocket and walked on.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to walk you home.."

"Oh well, actually I'm going to the SM Building to practice, maybe next time, but hey! You can take my car home!" You handed him the keys.

 

"So... Ryeowook asked you to the dance?"

"Yeah."

"And you said yes?"

"Yup..."

"I see..."

"How bout you? Who were you going to ask?" You nudged him jokingly.

"Oh, no one."

"Why? did she reject you?" You smirked.

"Nope."

"Then why?"

"Someone already asked her out."

 

"Oh well sorry about that Kris, but I have to go, kay? I'll see you at home."

And with that, you took off.

Kris watched you run as he sighed,

if only you knew....

 

____________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Well! Here's the next chapter<3

Poor Kris how saddd D; 

I'm looking forward to writing the next chapter for this and I hope all of you are enjoying so far<3

Thanks to all my subscribers<3 I'm soo happy right now. You don't even know <3<3 ;DDD

Thanks for all the support along the way and your patience.! Sorry if I take long to update sometimes, I'll try harder next time.

But for now.. I LOVE YOU ALL.!

Leave a comment, I love reading them<3(: I don't bite ;) Thanks for stopping by.!


 

NO PLAGIARISMM.!!! PLEEAASEE.