4. A Not So Merry Christmas

Jealousy Overload

It had been 2 weeks since you left Jeju. And waking up in the morning was more than just exciting. You looked at your calendar with a huge grin on your face.

December 24.

"Finally! One more day to go!"

You got dressed in your coat and boots and grabbed your purse and bag while you headed out. Before you made it to the door, Chinji stopped you.

"Whoa whoa whoa, where are you going so early in the morning?! It's freezing and snowing outside!"

"I need to find presents! We haven't had the time to go anywhere and go shopping because of all the recording and practices we've been doing!"

"So?! You don't actually plan on going out there do you? They said a blizzard's coming by tonight. You might get snowed in at the mall!"

"So? I'll just call appa to find me a jet and fly me back home." You grinned cheekily.

"Oh yeah, you own the mall." Chinji gave you a small glare.

"Well, I'll be going then!"

"Call if you get into any trouble alright?"

"Yes, mother!" You called out with a laugh, and with that you headed for the mall.

 

 

You arrived at the mall and entered the employee parking lot that was indoors. You couldn't afford for your car to be covered in snow.

You got out a towel and as soon as out got out of your car, you began to wipe away the snow that covered your car.

"Aww, my poor baby." You pouted looking at the water spots that were left on the windows.

"Ms. Park!" You turned around to see a group of employees and staff workers running towards you.

"Ms. Park! Do you need any help with that?"

"Do you want a heater to melt away the ice?"

"We can clean the car for you."

"We'll even clean the inside."

"Do you need any help shopping?"

"It's dangerous out here! There might be a blizzard coming soon."

The employees attacked you with questions and offers you just couldn't answer or accept.

You mentally shook your head in disbelief, the insanity these people go through because of you. I mean a heater to melt the ice?! Really?

"It's alright guys! Don't worry about it! I'll call for help when I need it, but for now.. Just act like you don't know who I am alright? The car is fine, I already wiped it down, by the time I come back it'll be dry, so don't worry about it!"

You smiled and walked past the group of workers that stood around you. You grabbed your bag and headed for the elevator going up to the mall. You waved at them and they bowed back.

You entered the mall with a confident smile.

"Let's do this."

You began to walk in the direction of the men's department, but on your way there, you got side tracked by a pretzel cart.

You ran towards it feeling like a kid again. You hadn't had any fatty foods with lots of oil in a long time. The training life took quite a toll on your stomach, but it would all be worth it. You had lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks. It wasn't too bad yet. You looked healthier than before, and your new and sliming figure, showed it.

Oh! And just to mention, your group had been working for the past 3 weeks to record and choreograph your new debut song. It took some hard effort, but you were getting there. Within 5-6 months you were sure to debut. SooMan had been confirming the date with you, and you found out that you would be debuting around the time Baekhyun would come back.

You looked at the mouth-watering menu and looked through the several options you had. "Just this once right?" You shrugged, "One cinnamon pretzel please!" You asked in excitement.

You sat down at one of the benches and began to eat your pretzel. Your stomach and appetite were in complete satisfaction. This was the good stuff.

"Well, it's only 10 am... I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to look for presents."

You finished your pretzel and went back to looking for presents.

Unfortunately, you were too easily distracted by all the food stores.

First the pretzel stand.

Then the candy store.

Then the pizza shoppe.

And then the ice cream parlor. It was freezing, but you couldn't help it. They had cotton candy flavor! There was no way you would skip out on that.

By the time you checked your watch, you turned pale. Both from the brain freeze you just got, and that fact that it was 3 in the afternoon.

"Crap, I need to go now!!" You screamed at yourself. The other customers at the parlor, looked at you strangely, and you bowed in apology.

You got up, quickly grabbing your bag and belongings.

You stopped in front of the men's department and mentally scolded yourself.

"I should've made a list of what to buy. Stupid stupid stupid!" You hit your head with your fist, and blew out an exasperated sigh.

"Well, think... Lay.. He could use some new shoes.. His converse are getting pretty old and ratty..." You immediately headed for the shoes section and asked for some help from the sales lady. You picked out some regular black converse and asked the lady at the front counter.

"Can I have these specially made by tonight? Maybe by 6? Could you sew the name 'Yixing' on the side in white thread? And add 'EXO' somewhere there too."

"Yes Ma'am!" The sales lady bowed immediately recognizing you.

"Chogiyo, you don't have to bow to me." You whispered close to her.

"Ne, I'll have it ready by then."

"Thank you!"

You went on with the presents coming up with them along the way.

You got Luhan a white MCM backpack and stuffed the bag with little trinkets. A little donald duck toy, and a shirt that said 'I'm the deer'. You also got him a customized pillow case you picked up from the store that you ordered a week ago. On it was a heart and in the middle was, "L+C" You smiled as you placed the small gifts in the bag.

Then you went on to Kris's present.

You got him a hat that looked like the one from Harry Potter that could talk. You laughed to yourself imagining what he would look like in it. 

Then you went ahead and got him a new face wash you heard he'd been dying to try. Something about whitening your skin and making your complexion like diamonds. You looked at the product in your hand and chuckled.

"He's girlier than I am."

Then you got him a poster of Canada and China. You realized he hadn't been back there for some time and he must've missed it.

Then you decided to buy a picture frame. You would put the picture in when you got home. You were sure he would truly love that one.

 

You continued to Xiumin's present. You bought him an 'All you can eat Baozi for free for 3 months' card. It was to his favorite steamed bun restaurant.

For Tao, you bought some kind of Chinese weapon from the store, but it only looked like a simple stick. You asked Tao before, what he wanted, and that's what he asked for. It was a complicated sounding thing, but when you went to buy it, they handed you a fancy long stick. You shrugged and took it from the man.

"Xiexie." You bowed.

The next stop was a plushie store, you bought him another present from there too. You looked for the section where they had all the pandas and found him a cute panda hat and a panda mask. You laughed while you placed them in the bag and walked out.

 

You then bought a bunch of CD's for Chen of all his favorite music. You also bought him a new pair of headphones. You decided to pick one up for yourself. They were dark blue and you remembered Lay having purple ones.

"I guess we can match." You spoke, looking at all your purchases. You had finished shopping for all the boys.

"Now for Chinji's present!"

You went back to the adidas store and picked out some shoes for her. 

"While I'm at it, I might as well shop for the other girls too. We can all have matching shoes for practices and other stuff!!" You screamed to yourself suddenly getting excited.

For Chinji, you got her pure white adidas. The limited edition by Jeremy Scott with the wings on the side.

For you, you bought the black ones.

For Ahmi, the white with gold outlines.

For Eunbae, the gold ones

And for Chaeri, the white with red outlines.

 

You nodded in satisfaction after you bought all the items. By this time you had all your arms full of shopping bags. You practically couldn't walk. But you had one more stop to go.

You still felt like Chinji needed one more present, and you knew exactly what to get her.

You went to the jewelry section and picked out a necklace just for her. She once had this dream when she was a little girl that she would one day become a ballerina. When she was practicing for a major recital that could get her into a college with a full scholarship for ballet, she had pushed herself too hard. Her feet were bruised, she was running out of energy, and that one second when she lost focus from exhaustion, ruined her. She was trying her best to perform a perfect pirouette, when she slipped, breaking her ankle in the process. She wasn't allowed to pursue ballet anymore. She didn't give up though, and tried many other forms of dance, including choreography and hip hop, where she found her strength.

You were sure the necklace would help remind her of the dream she once had. And maybe there would still be a chance she could pursue it.

You nodded your head in approval at all your final purchases.

But you took one step and immediately felt like collapsing.

You suddenly felt really cold, but your head was burning hot.

"Am I getting sick?"

Employees from all around you surrounded you when they saw you drop your shopping bags in the middle of the mall. You clutched your aching head. They offered you a hand with all your bags, but you refused, continuously saying you were fine.

You headed for the parking garage and placed all your shopping bags into the back of your car. You the engine and drove out.

The snow was blowing extremely hard and you weren't sure if there would be an end to the storm. You checked your watch. It was already 8 pm. You had a family tradition of opening presents on Christmas Eve, and you were planning on keeping on tradition.

"We open presents at 9... I better make it by then." You shivered in your thin coat and the heater.

You drove out into the blizzard knowing the dangers of driving out in the snow. There were almost no cars out, and you could barely see through the thick snow that covered your windshield.

"Crap... 8:30, and I can't see the road!" You complained.

Suddenly, the heater in your car shut down, and your eyes widened in horror.

"No, no, no, no!! This can't be happening!"

It felt like an ice box in your car as the temperature dropped, you shivered more as you drove through the storm.

 

 

 

You finally made it into the drive way, but you could tell it wasn't going to be pretty. The colder it got in your car, the sicker you felt. Your head throbbed while your teeth chattered. It was more than just freezing, it felt like your fingers were frozen on the steering wheel. You could see your condensed breath form every time you exhaled.

You tried your best to grab all the shopping bags, but your garage opener wasn't working.

"So much for a 'Merry' Christmas." You muttered to yourself.

You took all the bags and headed through the storm to the front door.

You tried your best to push on the doorbell, but frost had frozen it, and you were afraid to touch it. You fingers were already in a state of frostbite, and you weren't about to make it worse.

You instead, kicked on the door, hoping someone would answer it.

Suddenly, the door swung open to reveal a very worried looking Chinji. Her horrified look confirmed that they had all been worrying about you. And in the state you were in, you were sure to give them a fright.

"OMO! YEJIN-AH!!!" Chinji screamed, she helped you get inside and took all the shopping bags from your arms. But even as she did that, you were still frozen solid.

Kris, Luhan, and Lay came rushing to your side with equally worried faces.

"Yejin! Why did you go out into the storm!? You knew the blizzard was coming! Are you stupid?!" Kris yelled at you.

"Kris, don't be harsh.! Come on, let's get you warmed up." Luhan lifted you up bridal style while you struggled to move your arms around his neck. He placed you on the sofa and sat beside you.

"Kris, sit next to her, she needs to get warm!" 

"I'll go get some hot chocolate, a warm towel, and some hot water." Lay rushed off.

"What were you thinking?!"

"That I would get you guys some presents.. Jeez, I just got a little side-tracked. It took longer than I thought and I caught the storm. My heater shut down too."

"I was trying to call you all day!" Chinji screamed.

"I left my phone in the car! And it's still in there.."

"Well you aren't going to be getting it until the storm recedes."

"Aww come on, people might call!"

"Too, bad." Chinji felt your forehead, "Oh, jeez. You have a fever! SooMan clearly said you can't get sick! It'll cut back on our debut progress!"

"I'm sorry!" You pouted.

"Here!" Lay came back in with a small bucket of hot water, a warm towel, and a cup of hot chocolate.

"Thanks Yixing..." You sniffled a little, feeling the fever hit you hard.

He placed the hot water at your feet, and you dipped your toes in. He placed the warm towel around you and handed you the cup of hot chocolate.

"Can you call Tao, Chen, and Xiumin down? We need to open presents!"

The whole house was decorated in Christmas lights and the tree was up, Christmas decorations that weren't there when you left in the morning.

"Waaah, it really feels like Christmas around here!" You smiled in glee.

"We decorated while you were gone, I mean, what's Christmas without a tree and lights right?" Luhan smiled warmly.

"I made a Christmas cake!" Chinji mentioned. She ran to the kitchen to get it, and came back with a nicely decorated cake. She placed it on the table so that everyone could eat.

When Tao, Xiumin, and Chen arrived downstairs, the present opening began. A lot of 'thank you's and 'this isn't funny' went around the circle. Even with a fever, you could feel the warmth and happiness emitting from the joy of your friends. They exchanged gifts around, happily giving and receiving. You got quite a bit of presents this year, more than you had expected. 

Kris had found the picture frame that you bought along with the rest of the presents.

"What's this?"

"I was supposed to put this picture in there." You took out a picture from you bag.

It showed the two of you when you were 6 years old. You were on the swing set while Kris stood beside you with a wide grin on his face.

"I can't believe you still have this picture!"

"Well believe it." You smiled cutely at him.

In the end, just as you thought, Chinji loved the necklace. Kris loved the face wash. Luhan loved his pillow case, Lay loved his new custom made converse, Chen loved his CDs, Tao loved his stick, and Xiumin loved the 'all you can eat steamed buns' card. I mean who wouldn't right?!

The night ended on a happy note. Even with a sneeze, a cough, and sniffle here and there, you were still happy that the others loved their presents.

 

Chinji and Luhan stuck around to clean up all the wrapping paper they had left behind. 

"Did you like your present?" Luhan asked sweetly.

"Yeah,  I did." Chinji nodded as she picked up some wrapping paper with snowflakes on it.

"How come I didn't get a present from you?" Luhan asked quietly.. Partially hoping she didn't hear.

"Well, you're about to get it." Chinji kept her back to Luhan as she smiled a little, continuing to clean up the mess.

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"What's my present?"

"Do you really want to know?" Chinji asked teasingly.

"Yes!"

"Well come here."

Luhan approached her tentatively, with a suspicious look on his face. He came within a good distance from her and furrowed his brows. Chinji only looked at him with an eager grin.

"Close your eyes." She spoke soothingly.

"Why?"

"Just do it." She urged. Luhan slowly shut his eyes and waited.

Chinji took out a small green plant with spiked leaves and red berries. She held it above the two of them and leaned into Luhan's cheek.

She softly pecked his cheek and quickly retracted, blushing in an instant. She placed the mistletoe in Luhan's hand and ran off.

Luhan opened his eyes, completely surprised. He looked at the mistletoe and wistfully smiled. He touched the cheek that was burning red.

"Her lips were soft..." He chuckled to himself.

 

 

Baekhyun's POV:

 

Your phone had been ringing endlessly in your car, but could you pick it up? No.

"Come on Jin, just answer your phone!" Baekhyun pleaded.

"Hyung give it up, she probably found out from Kris already!" Sehun placed and hand on Baekhyun's shoulder, but he quickly brushed it off.

"Shut up! I need to hear her voice..." His voice ached, as if he'd been crying for hours, and he had. "If she found out, then I need to explain!"

"Explain to us first!"

"I can't! I've told you so many times! Stop asking me!"

"We're just trying to help!"

"I don't need your help! I don't need any of you!!" Baekhyun yelled, but immediately regretted it upon seeing Sehun's broken expression.

"I guess Yejin-noona won't be the only thing you'll lose from this hyung." Sehun ran off.

"Sehun wait!"

"I'm sorry but the person you are trying to reach isn't available right now, please leave a message after the beep." Baekhyun listened to the monotone voice that spoke at the other end of the line. He threw his phone at the wall in anger.

"What am I doing?! What did I do?!" He grabbed fistfulls of his hair as he sank to the floor against the wall, "I made a big mistake Jin, please forgive me.." 

 

In your car, your phone buzzed and buzzed. '9 missed calls from Baekkie<3'

 

______________________________________________________________________________________
A/N:

I'm on an update streak!! YESSSS <3 LOLOL hoped you guys liked this one too ^^

ENJOY!! OMG! Only 3 more chapters to go! And I assure you! Baek will come back by next week<3 Do you guys like the Baekhyun POV's? I'm not sure if you do or not, so let me know! :)

Thanks for reading again! The countdown continues!!(: Stay tuned for the next chapter!

And happy 4th of July to all the Americans out there! ^-^

Comment! Subscribe! Upvote!

NO PLAGIARISM PLEASE<3