KlassiQ Series: Ahmi

Jealousy Overload

"Where is he?!" Ahmi panted as she busted through the doors of B.A.P's old warehouse hangout.

Yongguk, Jongup, Himchan, Youngjae, and Daehyun all got up from their worried positions in their sofa as soon as Ahmi made her grand entrance.

"Wow, so the only time we get to see you after all this time, and that's the first thing you say to us?!" Yongguk immediately retaliated back.

"Oh, don't give me that . There's a reason why I didn't come back here, and you know why." Ahmi gave him an idiotic smile, immediately drowned out by worry.

"So when he's in trouble, that's when you come running back huh? Is that the only way I get to see you?!" Himchan scoffed, "And we're blood related, how ironic."

"Cousin." Ahmi spat, "You see me at school don't you?" She began again.

"Okay, can we all just stop arguing here?! This isn't going anywhere. Old grudges won't solve anything." Youngjae shook his head.

"Especially you three." Jongup pointed his finger at Ahmi, Himchan, and Yongguk.

Ahmi rolled her eyes.

"Can we focus on the main point here??" Youngjae continued.

"Where is he?!" Ahmi shouted again.

"That's the reason we called you here! We thought he would come running to you after what happened.." Jongup murmured.

"He didn't come see me at all... What happened?"

"He-" Himchan began, but was cut off by Ahmi's angry outburst.

"I didn't ask you did I?!"

"Okay so clearly, we can't solve our current issue without solving this." Youngjae pointed to the three of them.

"Why are you so angry with us?!" Himchan turned to Ahmi, desperate for an answer.

"You tried to kill my best friend!" Ahmi couldn't believe he asked such a question knowing what he had done.

"I wasn't trying to kill her! I just pushed her a little! You know we don't get along."

"I know you don't but you know, I'd appreciate it if you put a little effort into trying and being friends with my friends, but I don't see you putting in any effort here! You both mean the world to me, and the fact that I can't spend time with the both of you equally, it !"

"I'm sorry...."

"You should be."

"Okay! Now that we got that cleared up, we kinda have a big problem right now." Youngjae continued.

"Can someone tell me exactly what happened?"

"Well... We were all just hanging out in here... Zelo got a call from his sister... and she just said something and he dropped his phone. He looked like someone dropped a bomb. Then all he said after was 'Umma... She's gone.' then he ran. Out the door, and dissappeared." Youngjae got quiet, and so did everyone else.

"Dammit Junhong, where did you go?!" Ahmi screamed into the air.

"Why do you even care?" Yongguk muttered, "Not like you broke his heart the first time."

"Ex-girlfriend or not. I'm still his friend."

She walked towards the door and before she made it out, she turned around to Yongguk and spoke with utter regret, "I wasn't the one who broke the others heart. Remember that."

"Where are you going?" Youngjae called out before she was able to leave the warehouse.

"Away from here and to look for him.. Clearly something none of you are doing." She ran out of the warehouse without another word.

"Why do you two always manage to piss her off?!" Jongup yelled.

"Hey! You're one to talk, what do you think she'll say about you when she finds out how your messing up Chinji huh?" Himchan argued back.

"Not like you're going to tell her anything."

"You never know.."

"EYYYY, what is going on here, are we all forgetting the big issue here?! ZELO IS MISSING YOU IDIOTS. CAN YOU PUT THAT ASIDE FOR A DAY AND WORRY ABOUT HIM INSTEAD?!" Youngjae finally cracked.

"Jeez... you sound like a girl." Yongguk cracked a joke to lighten the mood, and frankly, it did.

"Shut up you idiot. Let's go look for him."

They all chuckled at Youngjae's mother figure starting to come out. They grabbed their jackets and headed out the door without another word.

 

Ahmi ran up and down every street intersection and corner, phone in hand, dialing Zelo like there's no tomorrow.

"C'mon Junhong, where are you??" She was in a state of panic. Zelo never dealt with trauma well.. and after today, Ahmi knew well how much pain he'd be in by now, and leaving him alone was definitely not a good idea.

She gave up trying to call, realizing he'd never pick up and resorted to figuring it out by herself.

"Think Ahmi, think. There has to be a place he ran off too..."

After contemplating for some time, Ahmi finally had an epiphany.

*FLASHBACK*

"You know... there's always this one place at the Han River me and my mom used to walk along.. She would take me around the park beside it and we'd sit down and eat an ice cream or swing on the swing set.." Zelo smiled in nostalgia.

"You miss your mom don't you?"

"Yeah... Being an idol doesn't make it any easier to see her either.."

"I see... Maybe someday I can make your wish come true and let you see your mom sometime huh?"

"I would love that... You're the best girlfriend ever." Zelo chuckled to himself.

"Yeah, I know." Ahmi chuckled softly and continued on her walk with Zelo.

*FLACKBACK END*

 

"Han River." Ahmi made a mad dash for the small park beside the river, bumping into people left and right. She didn't care about them. All she needed to do was get to Zelo.

By the time she was even close to the park, she was panting like no other, her lungs feeling ready to collapse at any moment.

And as if it were a miracle.. There he was, standing by the edge of the river bank, kicking pebbles on the ground while his shoulders bobbed up and down from sobbing.

"Choi Junhong." Ahmi whispered as she was only 5 feet away from the crying boy.

She could see Zelo swiftly brushing his arm over his eyes to rid of the evidence, but Ahmi could only bite her lip.

He slowly turned around and tried his best to smile. Although his puffy red eyes and swollen face said otherwise.

"How did you find me?" He whispered tiredly. He sounded exhausted and worn out, his chest heaving up and down from breathing so hard.

"I remembered you talking about this place when..."

"When we were still together." He finished for her.

Ahmi was left speechless. She had nothing left to say.

"Look, I'm not looking for your pity, I saw this coming so you don't have to comfort me." Zelo turned his head away for a moment.

Ahmi couldn't think of anything else to do other than to distract him from the earth-shattering reality that his mom was actually gone. For good.

"Hey, don't say that! We can go to that one ramyun shop you always wanted to go to, or the park right around the corner, or we can take the subway out of the city and go to the beach, or go to the playground where we first met, and maybe visit our old elementary, I'm sure a lot has changed, we can walk through the halls and reminisce, or we can-" Ahmi was smiling acting like he didn't just tell her off, and began to list off all the things they could do together, but she was cut off when Zelo began to scream.

"STOP. STOP IT ALREADY. I don't want to do anything with you anymore. Why did you even come here. I don't want to go to the stupid ramyun shop, or the park, or the beach, playground, elementary school, I don't want to go anywhere with you. So leave already!" Zelo exploded.

"Sorry, I was just a bother after all.. I didn't mean to make you so angry, I just thought I could help..." As she was walking away, she turned to him on final time and with a pitiful tone she spoke, "You aren't the only one who's lost someone important too Junhong, don't forget that."

Zelo watched Ahmi disappear around the corner and as soon as she did, he felt worse than he already did. If that was even possible. And out of anger, he chucked a pile of rocks into the river and screamed at the top of his lungs.

 

As soon as Ahmi turned the corner, she felt her heart drop to the ground. Junhong was never one to yell at her, and even after their break up, he was still a sweetheart. Hearing him direct his anger towards her suddenly broke her perfect image of him. Of course she had that lingering feeling for him. That want. That need for someone just like him to fill the hole he left behind. But it wasn't her fault they ended up this way.

**FLASHBACK**

"Choi Junhong. Where have you been?" Ahmi softly spoke. She couldn't exactly raise her voice at him, nor get angry. She was soft-spoken to begin with and getting angry at him wasn't exactly in her nature.

"I was stuck in traffic.." Zelo's icy breath hit her face in the winter air.

"So you just let me freeze out here for almost an hour?"

"Like I said traffic... I'm sorry." He sounded apologetic, but then again, why was he avoiding eye contact with her?

Zelo turned his face away from Ahmi for a second. And within that second, Ahmi felt her world cave in under her feet.

There. On his cheek. That unmistakably red tint. The pattern of the cracks between the pair of curves. And the evident cupid's bow.

Ahmi shrugged it off, but she felt her heart burst. She felt her lip tremble. She felt.. broken.

She took a step towards him and decided to give him a hug.

It was an odd moment. Unexpected on Zelo's part, but he hugged her back anyway.

Ahmi's slowly sinking heart was now at the bottom.

She pulled away with no expression on her face.

"Dior Snow. And alcohol."

"What??" Zelo was confused as to what she was talking about.

Ahmi simply shook her head, "It's perfume. I smell it on you. And it's not mine. And you're drunk."

Zelo was dumbfounded. He had no words to say to her.

It just proved Ahmi's suspicions were correct.

She sighed and put her head down to recollect her thoughts from the turmoil Zelo put through at that moment.

"I think we're done here." Ahmi shoved a present she had been keeping behind her back, into his chest.

"Merry Christmas." Her lip quivered in front of him. She let her hair drape over her face before turning and running.

Finally, Zelo was able to realize what had just happened.

She had just broken up with him.

"AHMI WAIT!"

Ahmi blocked out the world behind her and kept running. 

Why?

Why?!

WHY?!?!

She continually screamed in her head louder and louder until her sobs drowned out her thoughts.

She always had her suspicions, but she refused to believe her twisted mind.

And now her twisted mind didn't seem so twisted after all. It was just his lies.

And so it was an end to their fairytale.

Ahmi didn't hate him. She thanked him. He made her the strong and independent girl she was today. And she appreciated it. She learned from experience and it made her better. Happier. 

**END OF FLASHBACK**

Ahmi had walked to an old cafe. She let her feet take her where they wanted to go, and she ended up in this vintage cafe with old couples scattered here and there. She ordered a tea and sat down at a table beside the window and let her mind float.

Meanwhile, Zelo had done the same. Except his feet took him to places he never thought he'd be able to return to.

"Just an order of the ramyun to go, ahjumma..." Zelo sighed.

He screwed up again. 

The first time was the worst, but this time was no different. He felt ty. He didn't mean to raise his voice at her, but with the way he was feeling. With the sudden absence of his mom.. The void Ahmi had left in his heart had grown bigger.

"Here you go young man." The ahjumma handed him the small take-out of ramyun and Zelo thanked the lady and headed out.

It might've looked strange for him to be eating ramyun while walking along the side streets, but he had other places to go too.

After walking for sometime, he arrived at the small park beside the river. He sat himself at the swing and began to lazily push himself back and forth with his head leaning on the chain.

His thoughts drifted to his mom. 

How his mom used to push him on the swings when he was a kid. Back and forth. Their laughter mixed in with the spring breeze, like the branches of the cherry blossoms danced along with the melody of their joyful outbursts combined.

Now, the blossoms stopped dancing. They were still in the silence for the loss of the other half of the melody. Everything seemed quieter to him.

He forced himself off of the swing set and trudged out of the park, leaving behind the memory of his mother.

 

His next stop was the playground near their neighborhood when he was a kid. 

The first place he had officially met Ahmi.

He stood at the edge of the playground, almost repeating the encounter in his head.

Zelo had dropped his ice cream in the sandbox, and as a 6 year old, he had to cry about it.

And there, to the rescue, was Ahmi hiding behind the slide with her unopened ice cream.

Ahmi was in the same class and since everyone got ice cream as a reward for participating, everyone was only allowed one.

Ahmi would wait for her mom at the playground after school everyday, and she would always see the same boy in her class come to the playground as well. He would play in the sandbox most of the time, and Ahmi was too shy to ever reveal herself to the boy.

But seeing the boy cry, Ahmi finally had the guts to force herself out of her hiding spot and appear before him. She handed him her ice cream and tried to smile, even though it came out looking a bit awkward, because in fact, this little boy was extremely cute.

"H-Here... You can have mine." Ahmi mumbled.

The boy stopped crying and with the watery puppy eyes, he gazed at the ice cream, and then at her. 

"Really?!" The smile slowly started to appear on the boys face as he look the ice cream into his hand and unwrapped the sweet goodness that had already begun to melt in his fingertips.

"Thanks! I'm Junhong! Choi Junhong." He beamed with the vanilla ice cream smothered in the sides of his lips.

"Kim Ahmi. Nice to meet you." Ahmi cheekily grinned. 

He stuck out a sticky hand, and after contemplating whether or not Ahmi should really shake a hand covered in ice cream, she did.

 

 

Zelo smiled, recalling the memory of the two of them. It was one of those cliche childhood meetings. He chuckled and made his way to the elementary school.

He first stopped by the old soccer field.

It didn't look as old as it did before.. The grass was fake and green. The goals were new, and the new white boundaries sure did catch his eye.

He could still remember the old dull green grass that still sprouted weeds here and there. The rusty goals that seemed to be falling apart. And they had no boundaries. There was no such thing.

He made his way into the building and walked through the hallways.

They repainted the old chipped walls he remembered, with the royal blue paint that was untouched and completely clean.

He headed to his old 3rd grade class which he had with Ahmi.

He knew they were in the same class, and he'd always catch himself staring at the cute little girl who wore small pigtails on either side of her head. She had those cute overalls he remembered on her, and the polished and adorable shoes she wore everyday until they finally wore out.

Back then he had no answer as to why she would catch his attention so often. It disappointed him that she never seemed to notice him, but just watching her, it fascinated him. Seeing her made him smile and when they finally met, Zelo felt more than just excited. It was a feeling he couldn't explain back then, but now he knew.

He's loved her since the beginning, and even before that. 

He was surprised that it had taken him that long to realize, and in a blink of an eye, when he finally had his chance with her, he blew it.

He blew the one thing that he'd been waiting for for almost 10 years, away.

 

As he entered the old classroom, he walked up to his old desk and sat down... Well tried.

He was happy they hadn't replaced any of the desks, because he was looking for something in particular.

He scanned the surface of the desk, and just as he'd thought, the carving on the right corner of the desk, was still there.

"Kim Ahmi~"

His small and messy childlike handwriting was still engraved into the desk. He smiled at the small yet meaningful name.

He took out his phone and took a quick picture of the engraving.

As he felt accomplished for the day, he was about to head out the door when he stumbled upon something.

He stopped in front of Ahmi's old desk and noticed something similar.

On the left hand corner of the desk, his name was also engraved. It was in neater handwriting of course, but nonetheless, it was there.

"Choi Junhong<3"

Zelo's brain stopped for that moment.

What did this mean?

Did she like him back then too??

So that meant.. They've liked each other since 3rd grade.

Zelo was dumbfounded, and although it brought that momentary smile on his face, it disappeared just as fast as it had came. He knew he wasn't getting a second chance.

He took another picture of this engraving before heading out the door.

The sun was already setting and he had to run to one last place before he went home.

He ran until he reached the 5th floor.

He knocked on the door, hoping, and praying she would answer.

"Oh? Zelo! Hey!" Chinji opened the door.

"Is Ahmi home?"

"No.. I'm sorry she wasn't in here when we got back. I'm not even sure where she is at all..." Chinji smiled apologetically.

Zelo sighed. "It's alright, I'll just talk to her later."

"Alright then, bye Zelo!" Chinji shut the door, leaving Zelo on the other side.

He checked his watch. He only had an hour left before his flight back to his hometown was going to take off.

So he called her instead.

 

Ahmi had been sitting in the cafe just thinking to herself for the past 5 hours.

When she got a phone call and saw who it was, she didn't answer.

Her mind was playing tricks again.

She was confused. 

Lost.

Angry.

With herself.

When the call went to voicemail, it seemed that Zelo left a message.

She decided to listen.

 

"Ahmi... I'm sorry I got angry with you, I just don't know how to feel right now. She's gone, and that's all that's been running through my head. I don't know if I'm supposed to be angry. Or sad. But I'm both. Sad that I never got to say goodbye. Becoming an idol didn't help. I'm to busy to answer phone calls or to call back. And angry that I didn't know how bad her condition was. Angry that I wasn't there when she needed me. And I guess I took it out on you. I didn't mean to, but I was so frustrated with myself, I needed someone else to blame.."

There was a silence and Ahmi thought the message was over, but he continued.

"I did what you told me.. I went to the old ramyun shop we used to eat at.. The ahjumma who used to work there.. She's still the same. I went to the park too.. The one me and my mom used to go to? I sat on the swings.. It was quiet.... Then I went to the playground where we first met.. When you gave me that ice cream when I dropped mine on the sand. I guess I have to apologize for that too..It was stupid of me to drop it.. Then I went to our old elementary school. You're right. A lot changed over there.. The soccer field is completely new, and so are the hallways inside.. I went to our old 3rd grade class and they didn't change the desks.. You won't believe this, but I'll send you a picture after you hear this message."

Another silence.

"Look, this might be a long shot, but... My flight leaves in an hour.. I was supposed to bring one of the members to come with me home, but I don't want any of them to come. SO I'm asking this favor, as a friend."

Damn, those words stung. Ahmi thought.

"Meet me at the airport in 30 minutes. If you make it, then thank you. If not, then I'll just head off by myself."

WIth those words, Ahmi's eyes widened. She checked her watch and dashed out of the cafe.

"And Ahmi.. One last thing.. I'm sorry."

 

Ahmi dialed her manager and explained to him the situation. She was glad that she got permission and as soon as she reached the door or her dorm, she ran inside and straight to her room to pack.

"Ahmi! Zelo was looking for you!" Chinji yelled as Ahmi flew past her.

Ahmi grabbed her bags and headed out the door without much of a goodbye, all she could say was, "I'll explain later, bye!"

She took a cab to the airport with anxiety and adrenaline pumping through her veins, she tapped her foot to keep her occupied.

Meanwhile, she checked her phone and realized Zelo sent her a message. When she opened it, it was a collage of the pictures he had taken that day. On the left side was his desk with Ahmi's name on it, and on the right, was her desk with Zelo's name on it. It brought a smile on her face remembering the day after they met, Ahmi was so enchanted with him, that she ended up carving his name into the desk, absentmindedly. 

When they arrived, Ahmi ran to the boarding station for his flight and searched for Zelo through the crowd.

It didn't take much time for her to find the giant in the crowd.

"Junhong!!" Ahmi screamed as she panted from all the running.

Zelo smiled as soon as he saw her.

They met halfway, and Ahmi threw her arms around him.

"Thank you." He whispered in her ear. "Thank you."

____________________________________________________________________

A/N:

WHOOOOOP.

I'M DONE WITH FINALS. AND FIRST SEMESTER OF SCHOOL.

WINTER BREAK HERE I COME.

SORRY AGAIN FOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE! LOOK FORWARD TO MORE UPDATES COMING SOON CAUSE I'M ON BREAK<3<3

YAY!

Enjoy! And that's it for the series!(: Thanks for all the support from my 109 subbies<3<3 You guys are amazing.

COMMENT! CAUSE I'M BAAAACK.