Phase One

Jealousy Overload

 

"So what do I do?" You asked Chinji with much confidence.

"Well, you go to Ryeowook, tell him your story, and let yourself fall into his arms."

"That's it?"

"Don't act unnatural though, act as if... you're really venting out to him and just let yourself fall in love with him naturally."

"I guess that's easy enough..." You reluctantly left Chinji's side and headed towards the tree ring you and Ryeowook always met each other after school.

 

"Yejin-ah!" He called to you, waving his arm around. He had a look of concern and worry, and you knew exactly why.

Think sad, Yejin, think sad.

You adjusted your expression to the mood you should've been in and made your way towards Ryeowook.

You sat down beside him, silent. You stared at the ground to make it look convincing.

"I didn't want to talk to you about this but... I heard about Baekhyun... are you alright?" He tilted his head towards you to look into your eyes, but you avoided his gaze.

"Yeah... I'm fine."

"That was a stupid question, cause I know you aren't."

You stayed quiet after he spoke. 

"Come on Yejin, you can talk to me.." He took your hand into his and looked straight into your eyes.

You willed yourself to cry, but you hadn't realized that you already were.

"What am I supposed to tell you? I'm glad that someone I've loved for more than a year suddenly decided he got bored of me and moved on? I guess I can't blame him. Taeyeon is so much better than me." You shook your head, "I'm such an idiot for thinking I was lucky to find someone who loved me, I knew I never deserved it."

You suddenly felt like you weren't acting anymore. The words you were bottling up inside of you, all of the things you refused to say, suddenly came pouring out like an unending river of pain.

"Don't say that. Any guy would be lucky to have you..... I would be lucky to have you." He mumbled the last part to himself, but you heard it clearly.

"He was my first good boyfriend, you know.. But I guess they're all the same now."

"How many.. have you had?"

"I've only had two, he was my second."

"What happened to the first?"

"I was a Freshmen in High School.. He was a Junior.. It wasn't a smart decision, but I wasn't exactly a good kid back then. I rebelled a lot.. So I guess I figured going out with him made me feel.. important?"

"I see.. How come it didn't work out?"

You looked down at your lap, suddenly feeling extremely overwhelmed by the memory. The day you broke up with him, and the day Xia died. You still couldn't believe he killed your best friend, but he was gone from your life, and that was all that mattered.

"Let's just say he wasn't exactly the right choice, and the day that I figured that out, things got way out of hand. The rest of my high school was like hell. I shouldn't have ever dated him."

"I'm sorry, you probably don't want to talk about it.. I didn't mean to make you remember.."

"It's alright, really. I'm just happy that part of my life is over."

"Yejin-ah..."

"Yeah?" You turned your head to him, and you found him looking at you intently. You weren't sure where this was going, but you had a feeling.

"I don't know if it's the right time to say this, but I need to say it now."

"What is it?"

"I will never hurt you like they did to you... I would never leave your side, because... Park Yejin. I think I'm in love with you." Ryeowook let out an uneasy breath and waited for your response eagerly.

You smiled gently at him, "Thanks." You leaned in and gave him a peck on the cheek.

You stood up and began to walk away, leaving Ryeowook absolutely shocked.

"Wait.. does that mean, yes?"

You turned around and faced him, while walking backwards. You shrugged and gave him a sly smile. You turned back around and jogged up the hill. You took a peek behind you and you saw Ryeowook smiling like a child, he jumped around and fist pumped the air.

After you got a good distance away from him, you watched from afar with a guilty look.

"I'm so sorry for what I'm about to do." You sighed and continued to walk away.

Chinji ran up to you from some building on campus and tapped you on the shoulder.

"Good job, that was a really convincing act."

"I don't know if it was an act.."

"Wait, you actually like him?"

"No, not that part."

"The part where you vented out about Baekhyun."

You nodded, "I guess it all came pouring out."

"All of it?" She looked at you curiously.

"Not all of it.. just some.."

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Positive."

"Alright, well this is only half of phase one."

"What's the other half?"

"Go to Baekhyun. But make it look like you met on accident. I'm sure he'll have to say something to you. Then you argue. Make it clear to him that you're through."

"Are you sure it'll work?"

"Most likely, yes. You're talking to the expert here!" She nodded.

You let out a deep breath and walked towards your car. 

On your way to the parking garage. You dropped your books after bumping into someone. You hadn't been looking where you were going and accidently ran into him. You bent over to pick up your books when he suddenly called you.

"Yejin-ah?"

You looked up and blinked to your surprise.

"J-Jongin?!" You expression brightened as you gave him a huge bear hug while ruffling his hair.

"Yah! Not the hair!" He squirmed out of your grasp and all you could do was chuckle.

"I haven't seen you guys since you got back! How are you!" You brightly greeted.

"Yejin-ah..." His expression darkened immediately, "We're all just as surprised as you probably were, we all thought he really did love you—"

You stopped him by raising your palm in the air, "I'm okay. Don't worry about me." You lifted the corners of your lips only slightly.

Kai frowned at you, "You know.. You're pretty strong for a girl.. And I don't mean physically."

"Gee, thanks!" You spoke sarcastically. "Where are you going?"

"SM Building. We're practicing today."

"With M?"

"Y-Yeah...."

"Do you need a lift?"

He nodded eagerly like a child.

"I seem older than you, you know." You smiled evilly while walking to your car.

"Hey! We're the same age though!" He immediately protested.

"Least I don't act like a child."

"I'm enjoying the young life. You're growing up too fast."

You rolled your eyes and giggled. When you got in, Kai hopped into the passenger seat while you turned the car and drove out of the parking garage.

"How's the rest of K?"

"We're all pretty good, but I don't know anymore."

"Why?"

"First it was M... now K too..."

"What are you talking about??"

"Baekhyun ruined it all.... First M started to hate all of us for taking his side, but then K is starting to hate him too... He won't tell us anything. And I just don't want you to get hurt."

"As your best friend, thank you, but I can handle myself just fine without him."

 

Before you knew it, you were in the parking lot of the SM Building.

"Want me to walk you up? I need to handle some business with my manager anyways.."

"Yeah, sure..."

You and Kai continued to walk up to the practice room and had small conversations, but as soon as he opened the door, all you could hear was bickering and angry exchanges of comments.

"This is the mess he made." Kai spoke showing you the angry lot.

You looked around at the extreme chaos that was brewing, disappointed at what you were watching.

"What the heck do you guys think you're doing?!" You screamed.

The room fell silent. "Yejin..." The rest of K spoke ashamed.

"Hey guys..." You gave each of the a sheepish smile except for Baekhyun. "Aren't you all supposed to be one?"

"Yeah but this right here made some stupid mistakes and—" Kris started.

"Stop it. Can you all just forget about what he did?! Forget about what happened between us and don't let it affect the rest of you. It's our business, you don't need to fuss over it."

"But Yejin-ah.." Suho began to speak.

"No. Stop it, I'm okay. You don't have to worry anymore. What's done is done."

"What are you trying to say?" Baekhyun finally spoke with a pained expression.

"Just that. We're done. You've moved on, and so have I."

"Let me explain myself."

"Hey guys, can you get out for a second? We need to talk." You waited for the rest of the members to leave the room, but they stayed as if their feet were nailed to the floor. "Privately."

They were finally able to get out and once they had, you turned back to Baekhyun.

"You have until my manager calls me, to explain."

"What's going on between me and Taeyeon, it's nothing!"

"You're trying to tell me it's nothing, when all I've been hearing clearly shows it's not 'nothing'?!" You scoffed in disbelief.

"You need to trust me.."

"How?" Tears were beginning to form in the corners of your eyes. Baekhyun took a step towards you, but you took a step back.

"I love you.. you know that." Baekhyun pleaded, his eyes searching through yours to get you to understand.

"Not anymore you don't."

"Nothing's changed between us. I love you.. and you love me. That's always how it's been."

You sniffled and held back the tears that were forming, "Did you have fun?" You spat with gritted teeth.

"What??"

"Did you have fun breaking my heart? Did you enjoy seeing me suffer like this, but have to hide it because of them?!" You pointed at the door to where the rest of the boys were overhearing your screams from behind.

"No. Of course I didn't!"

"I don't know who you are anymore." You shook your head furiously.

"Jin, please!"

"You don't have the right to call me that! Don't you dare say my name, ever again." You swallowed hard, the anger and pain stuck in your mouth.

"I love you.. so please understand!"

"Understand what?! Tell me! Tell me why you did it!"

"I—I can't..." He turned his head away.

You scoffed once more, "This is how you try to get me back? By begging and not telling me why?"

"You don't understand, I just can't.." 

"No. I understand completely." You spoke in frustration, "You want me back, but you can't tell me why you cheated on me. It makes perfect sense." You rolled your eyes with sarcasm.

"It was an accident!!" He argued with pleading eyes.

 

"Cheating is no accident Baek.." You shook your head, "It's a choice."

 

Suddenly the door opened and as you turned your head to see, 

"Yah! I told you guys to.. wait.. outside." You stopped speaking when you saw who it was.

"Hey babe!" Taeyeon came walking towards Baekhyun and linked her arm through his.

Baekhyun gave off a small hint of frustration, irritation, and humiliation. He was ashamed of himself, so much that he couldn't bring himself to ever look in your eyes again.

"Annyeonghaseyo, sunbaenim." You bowed in front of Taeyeon forcing a smile.

"Oh hi Yejin! Oh please do continue your conversation, I don't mean to interrupt."

"Oh I was just leaving." You looked at Baekhyun once more before turning to walk away.

"Wait Jin!"

"What?!"

"I never got a chance to explain!"

"You had every chance, you jerk."

You looked reluctantly at Taeyeon, but the only feeling you could muster up was hatred and anguish.

"I'm sorry to have to say this in front of you sunbae, but," You turned back to Baekhyun. "It's either me, or her, it's your choice." Your lip curled up as you fought back the tears once again.

Taeyeon tip-toed up to Baekhyun and silently whispered into his ear. "Remember what I said." She smirked evilly and swiftly pecked him on the cheek before smiling at you once again.

After seeing that, your blood was boiling, you were ready the blow. You waited, but all you got was silence. That's when your phone began to ring. It was your manager.

"Time's up, and I guess you've made your choice." You bowed once more to Taeyeon out of respect no matter how much you hated it. You gulped down the pain and forced another smile before running out of the door.

You pushed on it only to find the rest of the boys standing close by. Your appearance made them frantic.

You gasped heavily, taking in as much air as you could. They tried to surround you but you refused to let them make you a caged animal. The tears began to roll down your cheeks and you clutched your shirt where your heart was, feeling an immense pain. Not a physical pain, not something you can make better with an antidote or a cure. It was a pain far greater than any medication you studied that could help. You placed one hand on your knee and leaned over, trying to catch your breath but it was no use.

"Jin! Are you alright?!"

"Are you okay??"

"What happened?"

"What did he do?!" 

The questions just kept pouring out and you couldn't take another second of it. You furiously pushed past them and ran down the corridor, clutching to your phone that was endlessly ringing.

Once you made it away from the people filled with questions you didn't even have an answer to, you pushed your back against the wall of an empty hallway. You looked up at the ceiling trying to regain composure with not much avail. It hurt like hell, and you couldn't stop the feeling from eating you from the inside, out. There was nothing you could do to stop it. It felt like you didn't have a pulse anymore. No beat. No heart.

You fell to the ground against the wall. Knees pulled up to your chest and head buried on your knees. You hugged them close to you and let the sobs escape. But then..

 

"Jin?" You knew that voice all too well. Your head shot up and you forced a smile no matter how disheveled you looked. Your hair was matted down with tears. Your mascara leaked down your chest leaving black stains behind. Your eyes were bloodshot and your lips quivered.

"Minho-oppa..."

"Hey, come here." He cooed softly.

He leaned down beside you and wrapped his arms around you.

"Shh... It'll be alright, I promise."

You nodded into his shoulders and continued to let the tears fall.

You officially had let it all out.

Baekhyun had taken your heart with him, and he wasn't giving it back. That empty feeling began to fill you up. And it could only be filled by one thing. 

 

Baekhyun.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________
A/N:

We're back on track with the story! Yippeee<3

HAHA, I don't really have much to say except, thanks! For everything!

Comment! Subscribe! Upvote! 

<3<3 I will love you all forever and ever.!

:DD Anyone excited for the new EXO teaser?!

 

NO PLAGIARISM PLEAASE!