Happy Birthday Baek! Part 2

Jealousy Overload

Waking up super early wasn't exactly the way you wanted to celebrate Baek's birthday, but, with no present and probably 6 hours to find one, you had no time to lose.

Rushing out of bed, you grabbed on a light sweater and some jeans and headed out. You passed by the kitchen and grabbed an apple and bit into it, leaving it in your mouth while you slung your backpack over your shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Chaeri sleepily trudged out of her room while rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Out." You quickly replied while reaching for the door knob.

"And with who?"

"No one you need to know." You haughtily shot back.

"Jeez.. So much hostility and it's only..9 in the morning.."

"Only??" 

"Yeah yeah, you're going with Kai huh? If you are, then I'm coming!"

"Ohhohoho. NO. N-O. NO."

"Wait! 2 seconds and I'll be ready!" She ran back to her room and you rolled your eyes.

"Tch. 2 seconds? In my dreams." You muttered under your breath, "Hey, check the counter for the invitation!"

"Wait for meee! Wait.. what invitation??" She stuck her head out of her door holding several different outfits in hand.

"Bye Chae~" You giggled as you shut the door, booking it up the stairs instead of the elevator, just in case she caught up.

Stopping to catch a breath, you knocked on EXO's door.

What greeted you, was something you wished not to see.

Baek rubbing his eyes like a cute puppy, yet without a shirt and only sweatpants.

You swallowed the urge to run to him, and the effort was much more difficult than you thought.

"Uhm.." You began.

When he finally realized who was at the door, his eyes slightly widened, "Jin..."

You recalled telling him not to call you that way, but after sometime, you gave up the argument since he refused to call you without your nickname. And you could see why. To be honest, hearing him say your full name already sounded strange in your head.

"Uhm.. Is Jongin up yet?"

"I- uh.. Think so? Come in though.."

He hesitantly opened the door wider to let you in, and not much to your surprise, many of the boys were already up, and you wondered that out of 12 boys, Baek just happened to be the one to open the door.

You rolled your eyes in your head thinking fate was completely against you.

 

"JINJIN!" You were immediately tackled to the ground by a huge weight, and without a doubt, you knew whose voice that was.

"Lu-han-ge.. I- can't- breathe-"

"YAH! Get off!" You heard Yixing yell and suddenly Luhan's weight was finally off of you.

"Sorry Jin, this massive brick doesn't know how to give a proper hug." Yixing shook his head lightly before giving you a bone crushing hug too.

"And- it seems- that- you don't- either." You let out each word with each breathe.

When he let go, you finally noticed that the EXO boys seemed to be busy in the dorm. Well at least their version of 'busy'.

Tao, Xiumin, Chen, and Sehun were off playing their typical video games, while Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Suho were preparing breakfast. Kris was nowhere to be found, and Kai was bustling in his room to get ready.

"Well, it seems lively in here, in my dorm, I was the first awake." You chuckled lightly.

"Trust me, after days and months of having to wake up early, it becomes normal." Yixing gave you a light smile.

"KIM JONGIN. WE NEED TO GOOO!!" You yelled through the room.

"Noona! Shhht! We can't hear the game!" Tao suddenly scolded you and you immediately felt bad. 

"Sorry Tao."

"Coming Jin! Wait up!" You could hear Kai's voice from the bathroom in his room.

"Where are you off to?" Baekhyun suddenly appeared from behind you and smiled gently.

For some odd reason, the room grew slightly quieter so that all you heard was the sound of the video game from the speakers and the frying pan in the kitchen.

You looked around and it seemed like everyone was secretly taking a peek at the two of you.

"Oh.. uhm, we're just going out to the mall.. that's all." You rubbed the nape of your neck and avoided his gaze, but the moment you made eye contact, it felt like needles piercing your heart.

His gaze seemed so distant and lost.. Like his body was there, but Baek wasn't.

What happened to you?

You looked away from his gaze with a small frown on your face. 

Thank Kai to simply just walk in and interrupt the tension growing in the room.

"Hey hey hey, what's with all the sour gazes, we're all friends here right?" He smiled bitterly holding back the urge to frown at the same time.

"Y-yeah.." You and Baek answered in unison.

"Well uhm, we should go, right Jin?"

"Mm.." You answered back silently and turned away from the boys to the door.

The second that you and Kai had left the room, Baek's shoulders slumped.

"Hey man, why the long face?" Chanyeol appeared from the kitchen with a plate of pancakes.

"She already forgot what today was.." He bitterly laughed.

"Well I'm sure she didn't forget, maybe it slipped her mind just at the moment you know? I'm sure she'll greet you Happy Birthday later on today." Chanyeol tried his best to reassure Baek, but to no avail.

"Yeah... Right..." Baek turned away and walked back to the room, shutting his door silently.

"Kai hyung is cruel." Sehun muttered. He stopped playing his game and looked up without looking at anything in particular.

"Huh?" Chen turned to Sehun and suddenly he had everyone's attention.

"He purposely told Baekhyun hyung to open the door cause he knew noona was coming."

"He couldn't have-" Tao tried to defend.

"But he could.." Kris suddenly appeared from his room and everyone turned to him instead.

"That doesn't make him cruel though.." Xiumin shook his head, "I'm sure he had good intentions."

"Good intentions, but it's like torture.. To both of them." Sehun looked down in dismay, and the others followed along.

"Yeah. It's cruel. Baekhyun hyung has been lifeless for almost a year."

The sad feeling roamed in the air of the dorm.

 

 

 

"Jongin!! You're supposed to help me out with present ideas! Not distract me!" You slightly pouted at your coffee flavored ice cream.

"Oh come on, just thank me! I know you wanted ice cream!"

"I craved, but now we only have 4 hours to find a present, my outfit, and all of your outfits." You stopped your ice cream and pouted at the realization.

"Oh I'm sure that's still plenty of time to find a present!"

"It better be, or your head goes on the chopping block." You glared at him while taking another from your ice cream.

"Alright alright, TO THE MALL!"

He grabbed you by your wrist and dragged you away from the ice cream parlor.

 

Once in the mall, you immediately put your hood on and covered your face, and so did Kai. It must've been odd and suspicious for two people to be wearing hoods indoors, but it was necessary.

For more reasons than just one for you. All the sales people in the store would end up bringing more attention to you just as before, but with that attention, comes the attention of your fans.

You groaned inwardly as you and Kai walked around the mall with your heads glued to the floor.

"So where to?"

"Hmm... No clue." Kai said arbitrarily.

"Are you kidding me?! You have no idea what to get him?!?!"

"I thought I could just wing it..." He embarrassedly muttered.

"WING IT?! This already takes up an extra 20 minutes of precious time." You silently growled while walking past him.

"Hey! JIN wait up!"

"Come on, I know what to go get him.."

"You do?"

"Yeah... Just follow."

 

You were able to walk to the other side of the mall with Kai without anyone noticing. You entered a small skater shop and smiled.


"This is where you're finding your present for him?" Kai looked around and examined the store.

Skateboards of different colors and sizes lined one wall of the shop, while racks of skater shirts lined another. The other wall was filled with shoes for skaters and other things included.

"Uhm... last time I checked, Baek hyung isn't a skater.." Kai muttered.

"I know I know.. But there's something I remember he told me that he wanted a long time ago.. I couldn't get it to him in time before he left so.. I guess now's the best time!" You smiled bitterly trying to distract yourself from any bad memories.

Kai only looked at you with pity, but his expression changed so fast that you didn't even see him looking at you that way.

"Cmon!" You pulled Kai towards the wall with other accessories.

"Now.. Where is it.." You looked around and when your eyes found it, you smiled brightly and reached for it.

"This!" You held out a tribal printed backpack in black, white, and gray.

"OOOHH. I like!" Kai gave you a thumbs up and approved.

"And while we're at it... I might as well get him extra stuff too.." On your way to the cashier, you grabbed a gray beanie and a black chord bracelet with a gold crescent moon in the middle.

As you put the items on the cashiers table, a young man, not much older than yourself, smiled back at you.

"Park Yejin-ssi." He bowed lightly.

You face palmed, as you realized that your hood fell off.

"Oh uhm.. You don't have to call me by my full name, just pretend you don't know me.."

You pushed the items towards him and he scanned them with a small smile plastered on his face. You kind of thought he was being a little creepy but you said nothing of it.

"Just a quick question... Are you calling me by my name as a worker at the mall or as a fan?" As soon as the words left your mouth, you immediately regretted it realizing how rude and cocky you must've sounded.

Aish... Why did I even open my mouth..

"Hmmm.. Both." He smiled wider.

You cocked your head to one side not quite understanding.

"You know... Before anyone can get a job in any of these stores, they told us that if we ever see you or anyone in the Park family, we have to address you properly." He chuckled lightly, and you thought it was kind of cute.

"Ugh.. How demanding of your employers.. I really wished you didn't have to.." You gave him an apologetic look but he only shook his head smiling.

"I don't mind really.. But next time you come by, I'll make sure to drop the formalities."

"Really?!" You looked at him in both surprise and delight.

"Just kidding.." He laughed again, "I could get fired if I'm caught."

"Oh..." You sighed dejectedly.

"Ahem.." Kai cleared his throat from behind you and you almost forgot he was even there. "The items?"

"Ohh.. Yeah!" The guy handed you a bag with your 3 presents inside.

"Can I ask what and who you're buying this for? I don't mean to be nosy, just a little curious.." The guy looked at you once again with a sheepish and slightly awkward smile.

"Uhm.. It's for.. A friend's birthday tonight.." You searched for the right words to address Baekhyun and struggled a bit not really knowing what he was to you for a moment.

"Oh wow! What a coincidence! Someone else came by earlier and bought the same bag and it was for someone's birthday too! Seems like my lucky day.. I get to see so many idols today huh? Nice to meet you too.. Kai isn't it?"

"Uhm.. yeah.. Are you a fan?"

The guy chuckled louder this time, "Oh no.. My little sisters a big fan, if she found out that I met you, she would kill me."

"Oh I see.." Kai smiled lightly, "Are you Jin's fan then?"

"Yeah.. But keep it a secret.." He slowly reached into his pocket and retrieved his phone, "See?"

He showed the two of you his wallpaper which was you at one of your concerts laughing in a candid picture.

"Awww, that's cute." You smiled up at him gently, "Thanks I guess?"

"No problem! See you two next time!" He waved as you and Kai made your way out of the shop.

 

"Well.. That leaves us with 2 more hours to find outfits and get ready.." Kai checked his watch while walking as slow as possible beside you.

"STOP WASTING TIME! That's like no time at all! Cmon!" You grabbed Kai once again, pulled on your hoods, and began to speed walk to your favorite shop.

"Me wasting time? Tch, you're the one flirting with cashiers here.." Kai muttered silently.

As you entered the Armani store, the store attendants bowed at your presence.

"Before any of you say anything, I just want a dress and 11 suits, and I don't really want you all to address me the way you're told, so please.. Just call me Yejin." You bowed lightly towards them.

"Ah. Par- Uhm..Yejin-ssi? Please don't bow towards us.. Uhm.. We can get in trouble if you do."  One of the attendants looked at you frantically.

"Oh, sorry about that.. Anyways, we're kind of in a rush and I'd just like to get the suits and dress, and get out of here.. Not that I don't want to be here it's just that- AISH. Why am I blabbering??.." You shook your head in slight embarrassment.

"Okay then, uhm I'll have Mr. Kim come with us and pick out the suits that he would like for his group members I'm assuming?" The attendant ushered for Kai to follow her.

"Well, you assumed correctly, thank you." You smiled before following some other attendant to look for your dress.

"So what kind of dress are you looking for Y-Yejin-ssi?" You could tell she was struggling with the name change.

"Hmm.. Something gray for sure, just a simple party dress would be fine, nothing too fancy."

"Alright, I think I know the perfect dress!" She smiled eagerly before running off to the racks.

You sat down inside of your dressing room and sighed.

What am I even doing?.. Already giving in to Taeyeon huh?.. Even when I said I wasn't going to lose to her.. 

You shook your head to yourself in disappointment.

"Ahh.. Yejin-ssi, the dress.." You could hear the attendant from the other side of the curtain.

You popped your hand out on the side and felt the hanger in your palm, as you brought the dress into the dressing room, you immediately knew it was your dress even without trying it on.

It was a dark gray long sleeve body con dress with cutouts at your waist. 

Simple, but not trashy.

Trying it on only made your decision a must.

"I'll take it." 

 

As you walked to the men's section with your purchased dress in hand, you spotted Kai trying on a simple gray suit while checking himself out in the mirror.

"Stop being so full of yourself." You scoffed as he smirked at you.

"But admit it, I look good." He flashed himself a cheesy smile in the mirror and you could only roll your eyes at him.

"Yeah, yeah.. Is that it?"

"Mhnn.. I already picked out all the suits and sizes for the others."

"Then why are you still trying it on?"

"Cause I look good."

"Ugh. You and Chaeri are more compatible than I thought.. Let's go Kkamjong."

"HEYYY.." He pouted at the nickname he disliked the most.

 

 

After driving back to the dorm, you made it in time to get ready.

On your way up to your dorm, Kai suddenly complained of having a paper cut and with him being the baby that he was, forced you to carry all of the suits up to their dorm.

You struggled from the elevator and down the hall to their door while Kai simply stood and walked beside you pouting at his 'paper cut'.

"What. A. Diva." You grunted while slightly dragging all the suits over your shoulder like a pack mule.

"Oh cmon! I'm injured! Besides, you can consider this pay back for calling me Kkamjong!"

"So that's what this is about?!"

"Yeah, well too late now. We're here!" He chuckled cheekily.

You rolled your eyes as he opened the door.

"Guys! I'm baack!" Kai yelled as he walked through the door.

"Jeez, you don't have to announce your arrival.. Did you get the suits?" Kris called out from the living room without turning his head.

Everyone was leisurely waiting for Kai in the living room, with Baek no where to be found.

"Yup, I got them rigghhhhtt here." He evilly smirked as he walked in while you struggled to carry all the suits on your back and trudged in with a grunt.

All eyes turned to you, and Kai only smiled sweetly and innocently like he had no care in the world. You legs were already wobbling from the weight.

As if on cue, 10 males stood up and ran to you.

"Jin!"

"JINJIN!!"

"Yejin-ah!"

You heard your name called out by many voices, and suddenly the weight on your back was immediately lifted.

"Thanks guys.." You massaged your shoulder with your hand and smiled.

"Kim. Jong. In." All the boys glared at Kai with fury and rage coursing through their veins and the heat of their stare seemed to be burning a whole through Kai's head.

"Whaaat? I had a paper cut!" He pouted.

"So you made her carry all of the suits?!"

"Well yeah.. I'm injured.!"

"Just wait till I get my hands on you!" Luhan lurched forward at Kai and had to have Chanyeol and Lay to hold him back.

"It's alright guys! I'm gunna go and get ready! NO VIOLENCE ALRIGHT?!" You looked at each and every one of them to make sure you had made your point.

"Yes Jin~..." They all turned around while secretly glaring at Kai.

"Okay good! I guess I'll see you all there!" You your heels and ran out of the dorm to your own.

It was going to be a good night.

At least that's what you hoped for.

You clutched on to the bag with Baek's present and your dress, running down the hall to your dorm.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Well... It's spring break for me, and I told myself I was going to update tons, and yet I only have one week left.

Poopy. 

Sorry guys. I'll try and update one more time before I get back to school! 

And I guess that's it!

Hope you guys don't mind my semi-ly slow updates lately, I'm trying. Really. I've just been so busy and all, and kinda losing my inspiration.. But I just recently got it back and I feel like writing a whole bunch!

This fic is almost over.. Hoping to end with less than 85 chapters..

And I'm working on my new one already! It'll be a good one, so I hope you guys keep supporting!

My bad for having been on this semi-hiatus..! 

THANKS FOR GETTING ME TO 130+ subbies<3<3 You guys are awesome(;

LEAVE ME SOME COMMENTS PLEAASE. and see ya'll next time! Author-nim out!~

NO PLAGIARISMM!!