I Can Wait...

Jealousy Overload

In their bus, Baekhyun was staring at the envelope you had handed to him. He was afraid to find out what you couldn't say to him earlier. He stared intently at it, as if he wasn't sure whether or not he should open it. As he fondled with the envelope seal, a hand came around and snatched away the envelope... It was Kris.

 

"OOH. What's this?", he playfully joked.

"YAH! Give it back!" 

"No! Tell me what it is!"

Suddenly, A silence fell over Baekhyun, he looked down and was speechless. Words weren't forming on his lips, like someone had stolen his words from his mouth. He was silent.

"Hey man, what's wrong?", Kris asked apologetically.

He knew what Baekhyun was going to say. He had seen what had happened to Baekhyun — what had happened between you two, yet he still asked. He had actually secretly been spying.. hoping to witness some cute couple action.. he wanted to see Baekhyun work his charm, how Baekhyun did it, how he could possibly get the most adorable girl in the world..the prettiest girl, the most wonderful, sweetest, and beautiful girl in the entire world. Kris desperately wanted to know. Kris wondered.
But what Kris witnessed.. was not at all what he expected. He had never, EVER, seen Baekhyun cry. Even though Baekhyun was n't as manly as he was, to see him break down in tears, and purely cry, made him wonder what you could have possibly done to turn a man, into a baby. But in the back of Kris's mind, a slight feeling of hope and longing had risen up inside of him. A feeling he vowed never to feel again when you and Baek were together.

After awhile of watching Baekhyun contemplate for a good 5 minutes, Kris had a feeling something was wrong.
No, he knew something was definately wrong.

"Hey bro, if you don't want to talk about it, its fine." And just as Kris began to turn away...

"Wait! Kris.. Can you open it for me?" Baekhyun asked in desperation.

"What? Me? Waeyo?" Isn't in from JinJIn? (Kris's nickname for you. You two have been childhood bestfriends since you were in kindergarten)

Kris blushed as he said your name, but it quickly faded when he noticed Baekhyun's expression as he said it.

Baekhyun nodded solemnly and sighed, "Yeah it's from her, I just don't want to see it, I don't want to know what she couldn't tell me, I don't want to know what she couldn't say, I just don't— so please.." Baekhyun looked as if he was going to cry again, and Kris couldn't take it.


"Ok.. I will..." Kris was a bit hesitant to open the envelope, he knew that whatever it said would probably either ruin Baekhyun or make him happy, but the fact that you ran off like that, he knew... nothing good could come out of this. As Kris gently pulled apart the envelope, he began to pay attention to the details, the cutesy pink flowers and red little hearts you drew.. then he saw what Baekhyun was staring at earlier... there were 16 hearts (probably representing each month you two have been together) and on the 17th heart... It was broken. Kris wondered and became more curious and eager to read the note, but what he took out of the envelope, completely contrasted with the outside. It was a dark gray piece of paper. He recognized the paper. Only Kris knew what it meant.

You see, you were a very organized girl, and particularly ...color coordinated, everything from your closet, to your computer desktop, and even to paper, you were most definitely color coordinated to say the least. Kris had known this and gave you a color coded stack of stenciled notebook paper, and you told him the use of each and every one of the colored notes... The gray papers were for the sad notes you couldn't say to peoples faces. And Kris's heart sunk a little.

He began to read...

 " To my dearest Baekhyun,
                 If you are reading this right now, it means you've already spoken to me earlier, and the contents of this note will explain everything I wasn't able to tell you myself. I was too afraid to see what you would have said to me if I had told you, but here goes...

I hope you understand that I can't keep a hold of you for an entire year. I won't be able to see your face for a year.. your touch, your kiss
— I would have to go without, for a year, and I can't. Imagining it is too painful. I just can't do it.            

So what iIm trying to say is... We can't be together anymore. This is one of the hardest things I could ever do, but you know you'll be seeing so many other pretty girls, you'll find someone better than me. We need a break from this for a little bit.
 

But here's the thing. I couldn't replace you for a million diamonds and I wouldn't either. So don't worry about being replaced. I loved you then, I love you now, and I will always love you forever— don't forget it. I won't be able to find anyone better than you, and I hope you realize that. 

So here's what I'm going to do... you'll only be gone a year, and the truth is, I could wait for you, a year, 2 years, or even forever— but I need to know that you'll come back to me. I'll love you, only if you promise to love me even a year from now.
 

Baekhyun, I love you."

 

Kris sighed a deep long sigh after he read it... 

"Baekhyun, mianhae..."

"WHY?!" Baekhyun quickly snatched away the letter, he began to read and then the most unexpected thing happened... He smiled.

"Why are you sorry?," Baekhyun seemed... cheerful?

Beacause.. because.." Kris's voice was cut off, and began to diminish, "Because she just broke up with you, bro"
Kris leaned over to give Baekhyun a hug, but Baekhyun stopped him.

"Don't be sorry, she didn't break up with me."

"What?.. But," Kris seemed flustered and confused. He pointed at the letter.

"No," Baekhyun said, "No she didn't."

He did his eye smile and took the letter, and neatly tucked it into the pocket closest to his heart. He leaned back and gazed out the window.

"I can wait forever, I just hope you still love me by the time I come back."

 

Kris seemed shocked at what he just saw. He witnessed Baekhyun turn from a man into a baby, then suddenly back into a man, with all the confidence in the world. Kris was disappointed. The letter he thought would crush Baekhyun, did the opposite. He was annoyed. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew he had to do whatever it took to crush Baekhyun's confidence and turn him back into the baby you were able to make out of him. 

Kris leaned back and thought to himself, "Trust me, by the time I'm done with you, I'll have her."

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

​Author's Note:

YAY! 
new chapter.. Ok i know said it would get all happy and cute and stuff, BUT IM NOT THERE YET!


GUYS BETTER GET READY FOR CHAPTER 3, It's gonna be good :3
WOOT WOOT!<3 WELL... 

I'm still tryna LAY out the basic characters in the story, but it's all coming together, so be patient...(:
I spy a little green monster creeping in Kris(;

Can anyone guess what's happening?? (:
Guys should go check out "Getting Over Her" By ~danger093 It's super good if you haven't checked it out already.. ^^

NO PLAGIARISM!!!!

Well till next time!<3