8. Mianhamnida

Jealousy Overload

[A/N: This will be the one of the last drama explosions in a long time. No more sad and depressing chapters, so look forward to the next ones<3]


Waking up in the morning, it felt like a normal day. You squinted up at the bright light that seeped in through your window. For once, you didn't mind the blinding light in your eye. You smiled a little and stretched, dropping your legs over the side of your bed. You made your way into your bathroom to wash up, disregarding the time. You hadn't your alarm clock in hopes to catch up on some sleep. You had the hope of sleeping in, but you had this inner alarm clock that somehow woke you up in the mornings even without an alarm. In your head, you guessed it was probably 8 in the morning.

You headed out of your room to the hallway expecting to hear the voices of everyone bustling around the house. But for some reason when you entered the hallway... It was dead silent. Nothing. 

You looked around suspiciously and wondered where everyone had gone. Even if their guest rooms were on the other side of the house, you were sure you would hear some kind of cacophony somewhere in the house. But it was dead silent.

You curiously headed down the stairs to check the living room if they were possibly there. But they weren't. The living room was completely empty and untouched.

You headed to the tea room, and you came to the same conclusion. No one was here.

 

You could have looked in every room in your massive house, but knowing you had only searched a part of the first half, you figured it would've taken forever to find them. And that was time you weren't willing to waste. You were too lazy anyway. This was one of those times you wished your house wasn't so big.

"Aish, where the heck did they go?!" You silently screamed in frustration.

 

You finally decided to check the backyard with the slight sliver of hope that you would find them there.

As soon as you opened the back boor, a familiar clash of screaming and talking bombarded your ears, in a sort of sweet melodic way. Like combining Debussy, Chopin, Handel, Motzart and Kabalevsky all together. A little bit of everything, but still had that sense of comfort to you. To others it wouldn't make sense, but to you, it was a soothing feeling, a comforting feeling, peace, complete and utter euphoria.

You made your way down the path to the field to get a closer look at what exactly they were doing. You spotted Luhan and Yemin right away, kicking a soccer ball back and forth on the field in sheer glee. Yemin quickly stole the ball and raced down to the other goal, keeping the ball close to her feet. You could tell she was enjoying herself to the fullest. You smiled feeling her joy and happiness transferring to you.

 

You walked towards the others who were seated along the hill facing the field, as they watched the match between the two athletes. Some were cheering for Yemin, others (like Chinji) were cheering for Luhan. When you reached them, you saw Kris and Yerin having a nice conversation together. You decided to interrupt.

"Yo."

"Well, look who decided to join us." Kris smirked.

"Why wasn't I invited to the soccer game?" You said as-a-matter-of-fact ly.

"Well none of us wanted to wake you up, if you haven't noticed, you haven't been sleeping well lately."

"But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't wake me up and leave me to wonder where the heck you guys went.!"

"Well you found us! Isn't that all that matters?" He smirked again.

"No."

"Well, have you looked in the mirror lately? Your starting to look like Tao."

As soon as he heard his name, Tao jerked his head towards Kris with a sour face, "Hey! What's that supposed to mean?!"

"Well Panda, If you haven't noticed lately, Yejin's bags are almost as big as your Gucci Purses." Xiumin chuckled out loud.

"SATCHEL.! IT'S CALLED A SATCHEL, NOT A PURSE.! HOW DARE YOU CALL IT A PURSE. SAY THAT ONE MORE TIME AND I'LL MAKE YOU REGRET IT. I HAVE A TASTE IN STYLE SO DON'T GO INSULTING IT. AT LEAST I HAVE TASTE!" Tao lurched forward in a threatening way, causing Xiumin to flinch and hide behind Chen.

Xiumin grew quiet after receiving the death stare from a panda he'd rather not get into a sticky situation with.

"Hey, where's Yixing?"

"He took a nap under the willow tree over there." Chen pointed across the field. You saw Lay's outline in the shadows, but you could still make out the figure.

"Taking a nap right after waking up? Wow, he must be tired."

"Right after waking up?" Chen looked at you strangely.

"Alright, well anyways... You should really catch up on your sleep. We all know you haven't been sleeping well lately, and your bags tell it all. We all thought you could use the few hours." Kris interrupted.

"I appreciate your consideration, but guys, I'm honestly fine!"

"Yeah whatever you say." Chen rolled his eyes at you.

"You guys must've woken up pretty early just for a soccer game."

"No, not really, it's actually a lot later than we normally have to wake up." Xiumin shook his head.

"A lot later? How early do you guys wake up?"

"7 a.m?"

"Wait, what?" You said confusedly.

"Well how was sleeping in?" Kris interrupted again.

"I wouldn't exactly call it sleeping in.. I only got a few more hours of sleep. I usually wake up at 6:30 anyways. I have an inner alarm clock remember?." You shrugged completely oblivious.

Around you, everyone chuckled.

"What?" You raised an eyebrow.

"So you didn't set an alarm right?" Kris said through his suspicious smile.

"Nope."

"And you didn't even bother to check the time?" He continued further.

"Nope. Why?"

"Jin, tell me, where is the Sun right now?"

"Up in the sky, stupid." You answered honestly.

Kris face palmed, "That's not what I meant! I meant like the angle the Sun is in right now?"

"OHHHH, well, it's right above our heads so.... Wait."

Everyone evilly smiled.

"WHAT TIME IS IT RIGHT NOW?!"

"You are honestly acting like you don't know the time." Xiumin began to laugh.

"But I honestly DON'T know the time." 

"Oh my poor little sister, it's 12:45 in the afternoon." Yerin spoke with a little humour.

"12:45 p.m?!?!?! WHAT?!"

"So much for that inner alarm clock." Kris smirked while laughing.

"So you guys ate breakfast without me?!?!"

"Well of course, what were we supposed to do? Wait till you woke up? Heck no." Chinji spoke with attitude.

"Says the one who only has food on her mind!" You attacked back.

"Well too bad!"

"So you guys practically ate all the food huh?" You said dejectedly.

Everyone looked at Xiumin and Chinji accusingly.

"Hey! Stop looking at us like that!" Xiumin argued.

"Yeah! It's not our fault someone over here didn't wake up on time." Chinji defended.

"Tsch. Way to blame it on me.. I blame your never-ending stomachs!" You frowned.

"Well we have left overs." Tao shrugged in pity.

"Left overs my . You guys probably left me crumbs."  You sighed.

"Well, if it wasn't for your 'inner clock' then maybe you would've made it." Kris shrugged in mockery.

"Whatever. I'm leaving."

"Just go to the kitchen fridge, the food, or at least the crumbs, are there.!" Yerin called after you, laughing after she said it.

 

"So much for sharing." You sighed quickly making your way back to the house.

 

By the time you had practically reached the back door, Kris had realized something.

"Rin, isn't your dad eating breakfast right now?" His eyes widened.

"...." Yerin's eyes grew as wide as saucers.

Immediately, Kris raced up the pebbled pathway, hoping to catch up to you in time.

 

You on the other hand, were turning the corner to the kitchen, absent mindedly humming a soft tune in your head. As soon as you walked in, for some reason, your whole body bowed at a 100º angle, and it seemed like you were stuck there. Like you froze in place. Fear rushed through your whole being, and suddenly, you weren't so hungry anymore.

"Abeonim."

You could hear your father putting down the newspaper he was reading, his glasses resting on the bridge of his nose as he looked above them. You could feel his stare on your head like a laser beam.

"Yejin." Your father spoke, heartlessly. "Sit down."

You quickly ushered yourself to your seat across from him, just to keep a safe distance. You stared at the ground for such a long time, you forgot what the kitchen looked like.

"Eat."

Your father placed a plate in front of you, and you obediently ate the food. No questions asked. You were like a robot running on batteries, always following instructions. Your father said run, you ran. He said to sit, you sat. He told you to stop breathing, you held your breath until you passed out. That's just how it worked.

"I have some business to discuss with you."

"Algesseumnida."

"Look at me when I'm talking to you." Your father reprimanded.

You were taken aback. You were so focused on eating your food, you didn't realize you had been boring a hole through the plate. You didn't want to look up, and your gaze faltered as you slowly raised your head to him.

Once your eyes laid upon him, you immediately regretted lifting your head. He had that same stern look on his face when he corrected you on all your mistakes. Like he was disappointed that a dog couldn't learn how to speak. Always judging you and expecting something you couldn't give him. You just had no way of making him happy. This was how you lived for 6 years.

"Mianhamnida."

"This is what you get for moving out of this house." He rolled his eyes, "You end up forgetting all the manners I hammered into that brain of yours."

Hammered was an understatement. It was more like drilled. Permanently etched, carved, and branded into your brain, so much that it hurt to think about.

"Mianhamnida."

"Well, I need to talk to you about the business, you grades, and the future."

"Algesseumnida."


"The company will be needing a successor. And as you well know, you are the name written down on the records to take the company when I step down. Assuming I do step down, you will take on full responsibility of the company and its assets. You will continue on from where I left off. And I expect 100% success and full accomplishment. There is 0 room for mistake, do you understand?"

As you father spoke these words, you could almost see the years you spent as a trainee getting flushed down the drain, the contract in your suitcase burning into ashes, all your effort to live as your own person, just simply vanished. You were back to being a robot for your father.

"Algesseumnida. I will not fail you." Your expression dimmed, and you lost all hope for whatever could have happened in the future.

"Of course not. I wasn't expecting anything less after all."
 

You knew you were born into a luxurious family, but this was no luxury. What others saw was lucky, was your death sentence.

"I have also been hearing about your grades lately, I'm sadly disappointed that you've only come in second in your Performing Arts Major. How is this possible?"

"Mianhamnida, I will work harder."

"We have invested so much in your lessons as a child, you were a violin prodigy, only to find out that you are only the 2nd top of your class? How embarrassing it was to have to go to company meetings when everyone was expecting so much from you, but you give us shame to this family? How dare you embarrass us like that. I can't even be proud of you."

"Mianhamnida." You bowed your head feeling the tears gathering at the edge of your eyes.

"On other matters, your grades for your Pharmacy Major, they've been looking quite well. You do realize that I also expect you to become an esteemed Pharmacist along with taking on the company, right?"

"Ne, algesseumnida."

"I hope you do not disappoint me again, keep your grades up or I'll personally have you shipped back here in an instant. You can't live in your fantasy world forever Yejin. I hope you realize that sooner."

With that, your father got up and dusted off his pants and cleared his throat.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have some business to attend to."

He ushered himself out of the kitchen and out of sight.

You let out quick sharp breaths once he had left. You were almost positive that you held your breath the entire time. It was as if someone had given you your lungs back. You gasped for air and let it rush down your esophagus feeling refreshed. But there was a lump that formed in your throat, and it wouldn't go away. You got up out of your chair and walked to the other exit.

When you turned the corner, you hit something hard. A chest.

He wrapped his arms around you, and you inhaled his scent. It was comforting.

"How much did you hear?" Your voice crestfallen.

"Enough." Kris spoke calmly. He tightened his grip on you and you held on, not letting the tears escape.

He led you back out to the back yard, but you were still frozen. Like you had seen a ghost. Your ghost.

"Kris! Jin! Where'd you guys go? You missed out on the game......." Lay began to speak but immediately noticed your expression. He got up on his feet and rushed to your side.

"Hey, are you ok?"

"Yeah. I think so.." You spoke in a hushed tone.

He led you to the grass and sat beside you. Once you sat down, you laid your head on his lap and closed your eyes.

"What happened?" Lay mouthed to Kris.

"I don't even know.." Kris shrugged and sat down beside Yerin.

 

 

Hours had passed and it was already past lunch time. You had been thinking about what your father had said the whole day and everyone could tell, something was bothering you.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Chinji questioned comfortingly.

You shook your head.

"Alright, just come to me if you need me."

You nodded.

 

"Jin, what about your contract.?" Kris approached you after Chinji left.

"I guess it's done. I throw it away, tell SooMan I can't." You shrugged your shoulders.

"Come on, there has to be another way. You didn't even try asking!"

"Try asking? Are you kidding me?! You know how my father is. Asking isn't an option."

"You never know until you try."

"Tsch." You rolled your eyes. "Yeah right."

"I'll figure something out. You'll see."

You shook your head and walked away.

 

 

Kris dug through your suit case when he finally found it. Call it invasion of privacy, but he was saving your life. There was no time for privacy.

He ran to your mother's room and knocked on the door.

Your mother opened the door and smiled upon seeing Kris.

"Why hello there Wufan, is there something you needed?"

"Omonim, you might think this is crazy but you need to hear me out." Kris was practically panting and in a frenzy.

"Alright, come in.." Your mother reluctantly opened the door wider so that he could come in.

Kris stepped inside and turned to your mother.

"Well, what is this about?"

"Yejin."

"Why?! Is she in trouble?!" Your mother worriedly asked.

"I guess you could say something like that."

"Well what happened?"

"Look, omonim, I don't know if you're being concerned because you truly care about her, or if it's all just an act, and I'm truly sorry if I'm being rude right now, but I need to take this chance and hope you really care about Yejin."

"I really do." Your mother sighed, "It may not seem like it to her, but I hope to all the rest of you, you see me in a different light than she does."

"Well, this can ruin her life if I don't do something now." Kris flashed her the paper and handed it to her.

Your mother took it and gently opened the envelope and she read, 

"SM Entertainment Contract."

 

"I don't understand.. What is this?"

"Omonim, Yejin, she... she's been asked to debut under SM Entertainment."

"What?" Your mother asked flabbergasted.

"It might sound crazy and really out of the blue, but she's been dancing since she was 12... She really loves it. And right now, it becomes your decision on what to do with her future. She's always wanted this, and to be honest, one of the only reasons she chose to come back was to ask you if you would sign the contract and allow her to debut. She was just too afraid to ask herself. She was planning to give up the contract. Throw it away and tell our CEO she couldn't. But I can't let her do that, and I'm hoping you can't either." Kris pleaded.

Your mother's expression was confused. She needed a moment to take in all the information Kris had thrown at her.

"So if I sign this, she'll get to debut under an entertainment company?"

"Not just any entertainment company, MY entertainment, omonim, I can take care of her there, and I would be able to go with her to concerts because I'll be there to perform too. I'll keep a close watch on her, and she'll be safe, just please.. You need to sign this or her future is over."

Your mother looked with pity at Kris, all the effort he was putting into saving your future, it was touching.

"You know, she thinks I don't know she loves to dance? I've seen her many times before. She would go out to the backyard and put her headphones in and just dance out in the field. She always thought we were too busy to notice what she did with her life. But I did. She would always go out to dance after her father would scold her." Your mom chuckled, reminiscing on the past. "What a stubborn girl. I would always look out in the field from the kitchen window and I would see her. I guess it was her way of letting out the anger she was bottling up in her. And I feel so guilty about that. That she couldn't come to me to talk about what she had been feeling and keeping to herself. Just because she was too scared of me, dancing became her escape, when in all reality, that was supposed to be my job."

She sighed deeply and quickly skimmed through the contract.

She left Kris's side and went to her table, she took out a pen and signed her name on the bottom.

"For all that I've done to that kid, I owe this much to her. And so much more. She deserves more than this you know, I just never gave it to her." Your mom was on the brink of tears.

"I hope this shows her I'm not the cruel mom she remembers a long time ago, I hope she sees that I really do love her for everything she is, no matter how many mistakes she makes, she will always be my little girl. I hope she realizes her worth, and that she's worth more than the world to me. She's done enough to gain recognition, and that she doesn't need to do anything else than be herself. I just want to see her happy again." She sniffled, her voice cracking.

"Thank you so much omonim." Kris's eyes gleamed with hope., "But this contract needs two signatures. We need abeonim's approval too..." His eyes dimmed back to hopelessness, and so did your mom's.

"You know what? I'll handle that, and this time, I won't take no for an answer." She answered confidently.

"Kamsahamnida omonim!" Kris smiled brightly once again and began to head out the door, but before he left, he turned back to your mother and smiled.

"You know omonim? For what it's worth, everything you just said to me right now? That's all Jin has wanted to hear from you. Just that she matters." He nodded before shutting the door behind him.

 

 

 

"Don't worry Jin, everything will be fine." He spoke confidently to the air.

 

____________________________________________________________________

A/N:

HELLO! :D Yupp, just a little bit more drama and WHOOOSH, we will be done with the sad drama for quite some time ^^ THE COUNTDOWN CONTINUESS

Thanks for tuning in this time!(: HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE CHAPTER<3 Thanks for subbing and shutff xD

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT, OR I FEEL LIKE IM WRITING TO MYSELF );

 

 

NO PLAGIARISM!!<3 pleaseee