Two Can Play That Game

Jealousy Overload

You had taken a walk all the way the to the nearby cafe with Baekhyun and Taeyeon. You didn't suspect anything unusual so you didn't do much other than engage in some regular conversation. Sure, it to have to watch them be that way, but then again, what else could you have done? You decided to put away all hard feelings. If Baekhyun was happy, then you had no other choice but to be a supportive friend and go along with it. Who were you to sabotage his happiness?

"So... how long have you and Baekhyun known each other?" Taeyeon cheerily asked your with her arm still linked to his.

You nervously took a side glance at his face but answered anyways, "A couple of years now.. I've known him since before they debuted and before I entered college."

"Oh! So almost 3 years now? You guys seem really close.."

You grew a little rigid hoping you wouldn't spill the beans about your true relationship.

"Haha.. Were just close friends, that's all."

"And how about the rest of EXO?"

"I'm close friends with all of them!"

"Anyone you want to be more than friends with??" She asked teasingly.

You laughed nervously hoping Baekhyun wouldn't catch the hint of nostalgia in your voice, but he did. "N-No.. Just friends.." You looked down at your feet as you kept walking.

"Oh! We're here!"

You lifted your head and your head spun. There was no way this could have happened. It was too big of a coincidence..

It was the exact same cafe you and Baekhyun had your first date. And it seemed like you weren't the only one who remembered. Baekhyun froze after seeing the small cafe.

"Why'd you stop?" Taeyeon tugged on Baekhyun's arm, and you both followed reluctantly.

You entered the cafe and sat down. You looked down at your phone every 5 seconds hoping Ryeowook would arrive soon.

The waiter came by your table and smiled as he sweetly asked, "What would you like today?"

"One Iced Americano please." You and Baekhyun answered simultaneously. You had almost forgotten you had the same favorite drink.

He chuckled lightly when the two of you suddenly grew rigid after speaking at the same time, "Are you two a couple?"

You immediately froze in place and took a peek at Taeyeon, she had a deep frown set on her face.

"Ahem, he's my boyfriend." She spoke crisply.

"O-Oh.. Sorry about the misunderstanding.." The waiter quickly took your orders and left the table.

As the tension grew between the 3 of you, Ryeowook finally showed up, lifting half of the weight off your shoulders.

You eagerly waved at him in both excitement and desperation.

As he approached, his smiled faltered a little bit after seeing Baekhyun and Taeyeon.

"Hey Jin!" He took a seat beside and you yanked his sleeve down.

"Ryeowook!" Taeyeon beamed at him.

"Hey, so what are we all here for?"

"Just a friendly breakfast.."

"How did you all meet up?"

"We had a meeting with Sooman.."

"About?"

"Nothing important!" You butted in.

You squeezed Ryeowook's hand under the table and he read your silent message to 'stop asking'.

The waiter came back with your drinks and you gladly took the drink with a slightly shaking hand.

"I'm sorry again about the misunderstanding again.." He flashed you an apologetic look and Ryeowook stared at the 3 of you curiously.

"What misunderstanding?"

"He thought that Yejin and Baekhyun-"

"Nothing!" You cut in again.

They all looked at you with strange gazes and you inched down into your seat a little.

"Soo.... How long have you two been together?" Taeyeon suddenly asked. You straightened your back up and cleared your throat.

"Uhm, around a month? Maybe pushing 2?" Ryeowook smiled, satisfied with his answer.

"Awww, me and Baekhyun have been going on since maybe a year ago?"

You coughed on your drink while Ryeowook worriedly patted your back. You knew it had been a year, but just the thought of him going behind your back after the promises you made, it suddenly hurt again. Just like a fresh wound.

"Yejin, are you alright?" Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows making her act completely convincing.

"Yeah, I'm alright."

The food was served later on: Pancakes and Waffles with an egg omelet on the side.

"Say 'Ahhh'" Taeyeon forked a sliced piece of the pancake and held it up to Baekhyun's mouth. He grimaced only for a millisecond before he opened his mouth and let her feed him. Taeyeon smiled brightly, satisfied with the reaction she got. Just for that moment, you saw yourself in her place. You flashed back to all the memories of you feeding Baekhyun, and you actually imagined yourself in her place.

"You too!" Ryeowook held up the forkful of waffle to your lips, breaking you out of your trance.  "Hmmm?"

"Aren't you gunna say 'Ahhh?'"

"Oh... 'Ahhhh'" You opened your mouth and felt the warm waffle mixed with the sweet syrup combining in your mouth to make the perfect breakfast treat.

"Well then, how was your first date?"

"Our first date?" Ryeowook looked and you, and you did the same. 

"Hmm... well I guess you can say we simply had lunch together? It was nothing fancy.. I mean we already knew each other before, there wasn't really much more to know." Ryeowook shrugged while staring at you lovingly.

"Y-yeah.." You quietly agreed.

"Well.. Me and Baekhyun didn't really have a first date either.."

"Oh really now?" Ryeowook placed his elbows on the table and leaned in, urging her to go on.

"Yeah, well we sorta just clicked while we were on stage.. It was the end of the concert in L.A. and we somehow met in the middle of the stage during the finale. It was just one of those goofy moments where you mess around, but yeah, we saw each other and I guess, everything else disappeared and I could only see him.." Taeyeon beamed.

"Aww..." You and Ryeowook awkwardly laughed afterwards. You both knew your situation at this point, and everything she said was a stab in the gut.

Then there was that awkward moment of silence. Baekhyun hadn't spoken very many words since you had arrived and you wondered why, but then an idea popped into your head. 

This was the perfect moment to commence your plan.

Think Yejin, what would Chinji tell you to do right now?!

You tried to put yourself in her shoes and think of what she would tell you to do in this case.

Make him jealous? That's all right?

You put on your game face, in other words, the biggest smile ever, and turned to Ryeowook.

"Babe, do you want pancakes or waffles?" You cocked your head slightly to the side.

Everyone seemed quite shock by the sudden mention of a pet name. Ryeowook quite surprised, but a small smile came over his lips.

Baekhyun gripped his jeans under the table while keeping a calm and composed expression. Inside.. He was fuming.

Stop touching her.. He mentally bored a hole in Ryeowook's head and looked at you with unreadable yet sad eyes.

Please stop touching him too.. Are you trying to kill me? 

You know what? I know what she's trying to do. She's doing this on purpose. I know it. I know how she works. Well you know what? Two can play that game.

He slowly watched you feed Ryeowook with the jealousy boiling inside of him.

Baekhyun smirked to himself as he slowly came up with a plan.

He quickly forked a small slice of the waffle and held it up to Taeyeon's lips. 

"Say 'ahhh'" he smiled cutely.

Taeyeon was taken aback. But slowly, she began to understand. She smirked in her head and willingly opened .

"Thanks Baek."

That sure did hurt. That was your nickname for him. You growled to yourself and you angrily forked another piece of the pancake and held it up to Ryeowook's mouth. You stared at the other couple being all lovey doves and clearly your plan wasn't working all that well.

Fine then, that's how you want to play?

You leaned over to Ryeowook and gave him a small peck on his cheek.

From the corner of your eye, you could see Baekhyun glaring at you, but your pretended you didn't see it.

He went on to kiss Taeyeon on her cheek and Taeyeon kissed him back.

By this time, you were pretty much fuming. 

You forcefully grabbed Ryeowook's jaw and pressed your lips to his, you made sure to stay that way just a little longer just to rub it into Baekhyun's face.

"I think I have a schedule soon, I'll just get going then." Baekhyun got up from his seat, his expression unreadable. There was a mixture of betrayal, hatred, and jealousy all in one. 

You watched him leave with Taeyeon following close behind him.

I guess I win this time... But why does it still feel like I'm losing?...

You watched him leave the cafe and sighed to yourself.

 

Outside, Taeyeon chuckled a little to herself while she observed Baekhyun's misery.

"Why so weak, Baek?" She spat out her last word just to rub it in his face.

When he didn't respond her smile grew bigger.

 

 

Chinj, on the other hand, ran away from her dorm that morning. And where did she run? 

3 floors up to Super Junior's dorm. 

"Chinji? Why are you here?" Kyuhyun spoke as he saw her tiptoeing into the kitchen.

She still had her oversized hoodie on and hid her face along with all the bruises. She avoided his gaze and looked down at the floor.

"Y-yeah, am I not allowed to come see my oppas anymore?" She tried to sound composed, but she was actually quite nervous and uneasy.

"Chinji... Why aren't you looking me in the eyes?" Kyuhyun's voice grew serious.

Dangit, I'm caught.

​"Chinji!!!" Voices grew louder as the others started filing into the kitchen and before she knew it, most of SuJu had gathered around, to her dismay.

Kyuhyun still waited for her to face him, he knew she was hiding something. The others looked between the two and watched as the tension grew. Chinj knew she was already caught. She heaved a heavy sigh before pulling off the hood of her jacket.

Everyone gasped. "Who ing did this to you?" Zhoumi's expression became dark.

"You don't need to know." Chinji countered back.

"Don't start with me Chinji." Zhoumi got dangerously close to her.

"Zhoumi stop! Worry about her first before worrying about who!!! She's injured dammit!!" Eunhyuk grabbed her in both a gentle and urgent manner. He began to drag her to his room to check over her wounds and bruises to see if any major damage was done.

"Can all of you just do me a favor then?" Chinji turned back to all of them and searched their faces.

"Sure baby sis!" Donghae grinned lovingly to her.

"Just let me hide here for the day and don't tell anyone where I am.. Please?"

They all searched each other's faces to come into a final agreement. They all eventually nodded their heads and agreed.

"Only this once, understand?" Kyuhyun made himself clear.

"Yes sir!" Chinji saluted before following Eunhyuk into his room.

____________________________________________________________________

A/N:

hey guys! I know you all probably hate me for not updating for almost a month... And trust me, I hate myself for it too... SO I WILL TAKE THIS MOMENT TO SAY IM DEEPLY SORRY FOR BEING ON HIATUS FOR SOOO LONG.....

I have been so busy lately that I haven't had the time to update.... And I didn't like writing short chapters either so I had to leave you with at least a lengthy-ish chapter.

SO AGAIN, IM SUPER SORRY, BUT ON THE PLUS SIDE...

I'M ALMOST TO 90 SUBBIES<3<3<3 AHHHH!! You guys are amaze beans. ^^ Thanks for everything you guys are doing, BUT PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT, I WOULD LIKE TO READ YOUR LOVE TOO.

My friend asked me to update since no one has been updating lately, so here you go CHINJI<3(;

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT. I LOVE YOU ALL.