Happy Birthday Baek! Part 3

Jealousy Overload

"Hurry up! We're going to be late!" You yelled in your dorm to catch the rest of your members' attention.

"It's called being fashionably late." Chaeri rolled her eyes as she left her room appearing in a tight fitted black dress with lace sleeves.

"And who are you trying to impress?" You gave her a blank stare and she responded with a cocky smile.

"Taeyeon invited right? Which means I have to look better under all circumstances."

"This is the one time I actually like the way you think." You smirked and she did the same.

Eventually everyone came out of their rooms. Chinji in a simple flowy sheer light pink shirt and white skinny jeans. Ahmi in black leggings and a flannel, and then Eunbae in a floral skirt with a lace crop top.

"You guys look so simple..." Chaeri gave them a disappointing look.

"Hey.. we aren't going to a fashion show." Chinji simply answered with a shrug, "But I can see why Yejin wants to dress up." She winked at you and you rolled your eyes in response.

"Everyday's a fashion show." Chaeri nodded her head at her choice of words.

"Well that's your motto..." Eunbae chuckled.

"Alright alright, let's go.." Ahmi pushed all of you out the door, and you all ended up riding in your car to head out to the small venue where the party was supposed to be.

When you got outside of the party hall, you frowned slightly.

It was like a club setting. Flashing lights seeping out of the windows, loud music blasting from inside, a red carpet leading to the main entrance, photographers and paparazzi taking pictures on the sidelines, and many celebrities you could recognize showing up in fancy clothes from top to bottom.

It was literally a club.

"Ok. Now I officially feel underdressed.." Chinji laughed lightly since she didn't really mind in reality.

"I'm glad I didn't wear a dress to be honest." Ahmi shrugged.

"You're glad to not wear a dress no matter what the occasion." Eunbae laughed loudly that it caught others' attention.

"You would wear jeans to a red carpet if you could." Chinji nodded her head knowingly.

"Ugh. Disgusting." Chaeri scowled at the mental image of her wearing jeans to a red carpet.

"Can we just get this over with?" You complained while walking ahead of them.

"Leader in front." Chaeri grabbed your arm and pushed you back so you were in proper 'member order'. 

You rolled your eyes as she flashed a smile to the cameras around her.

"What happened to not letting her win?" Chinji quietly whispered in your ear.

"Chaeri? She's never won against me." You smirked at her confidently.

"No. Taeyeon." She whispered once again.

You smirk disappeared to a straight face as you looked ahead of you, ignoring all the paparazzi asking you questions and cameras shoved in your face.

As you entered the party hall, Taeyeon was already waiting at the front of the door linking arms with Baekhyun.

For the split second that you and Taeyeon exchanged a look, the both of you glared at each other without anyone noticing.

"Thanks for coming Yejin." Taeyeon smiled brightly, and you could feel the boiling anger bubbling up to your fist ready to punch that sick smile off her face.

"No problem."

Baekhyun stood frozen in place, slightly uncomfortable, and you knew why.

You smirked to yourself knowing something that Taeyeon didn't.

Baekhyun hated these kinds of settings. The music was too loud, it was too crowded, and the lights made him dizzy.

You leaned into Taeyeon's ear and whispered, "You should ask your boyfriend what he likes before throwing him a party."

You were feeling slightly cocky for the moment, and you savored the moment you saw Taeyeon's shocked expression.

Yejin point 1.

"Aha.. Yejin-ssi, you're so funny~" She cheerily faked a laugh.

You walked past her and Baek, but not before offering Baek a small smile.

"Saengil Chukhahaeyo."

"Thanks." He responded with a heart warming smile.

You were taken aback. You didn't realize that you hadn't seen him smile that way in a long time.

You left them at the door, following Chaeri to wherever it was she was heading. She suddenly stopped and you looked ahead of her to see the rest of the EXO boys standing in their handsome suits that you had to buy and carry.

"Yejin!" Yixing offered you his soft beam of a smile and you gave him one back.

"Hey.. Just call me when we're leaving alright?" Chaeri winked at the 4 of you before linking her arm with Kai's and walking away with him.

"Yeah uhm.. me too!" Chinji waved goodbye as she took a stroll out with Luhan.

"I'll be taking me leave too I guess..." Eunbae gave you a sheepish smile before taking Suho's hand and walking away.

"And that leaves you and me then." You sighed and looked at Ahmi, who only gave you an apologetic smile.

"Actually... Me and Sehun are gunna go get some snacks, sorry unnie!" She and Sehun walked away leaving you with the rest of the boys.

"Annnnddd I'm alone." Your shoulders slumped but Yixing patted your head.

"You have us!"

"And again I say... I'm alone."

"Ouch Jin! That's hurts." Yixing feigned hurt and pouted cutely.

"Kidding!" You laughed and looked at the rest of the boys.

"Hey Yejin, can I talk with you for a moment?" Xiumin approached you and you looked at him in suspicion.

"Yeah, of course.."

He lead you away from the group to the bar, "Two martini's please? Make mine a cranberry." Xiumin took a seat at one of the stools and pulled one out for you.

"And you miss?" The bartender looked at you while preparing the glasses.

"Uhm, I'll take a blue please."

"You got it." He winked at you before gathering the mixture and making your drinks.

"What did you want to talk about?" You turned to Xiumin who looked at you seriously. You furrowed your brows.

The bartender pushed your drinks towards the two of you and you willing took them.

"I'm not one to in, but I need to ask you something." Xiumin's tone was so dead serious it somewhat scared you.

"What is it?"

"Are you still in love with Baekhyun?"

Your jaw dropped at his question as you spit out a bit of your drink at them same time.

"That's a really.. uhm, direct question?" You nervously laughed trying to avoid his gaze.

"Jin, this is a serious question."

"Why..?"

"Look, Baekhyun threatened to quit SM..quit everything. I tried to talk to him and that's what he told me.. Have you not noticed how he's been acting this past year?.. I'm just assuming things but I think this has something to do with him, Taeyeon, and you. I think he's being made to do this.. I think Taeyeon has something against him. Everyone can see how fake their relationship is."

You shook your head furiously, "You and Kai seriously! Yeah, sure I don't like her, in fact I hate her guts now, but he chose her and I'm not just going to assume things without any proof."

"I think I know a way to get you that proof. If I do, will you hear me out and help me get him out of it?"

"Yeah but-"

"First I need an honest answer. Do you still love him?"

You hesitated at first and looked straight into Xiumin's eyes to see if he was joking, but you could see the seriousness in his gaze. There was nothing joking about it.

"Yes."

You held back a bit seeing how strange it sounded for you to answer that way.

"Good." Xiumin's smile made you furrow your brows again. You had no clue what he had in mind before he dragged you away from the bar to some unknown place.

"Hey! Where are we going?!"

"Just wait."

You finally stopped in front of a huge pillar and looked at Xiumin with a puzzling look.

"Sshhht. Just look." He pointed at two people not too far away, and as you followed his finger, you realized that was Baekhyun and Taeyeon.

She was whispering something into his ear with an evil smirk on her face while he had a deep frown on his face.

You were slightly angered by what you saw. You knew she must've said something that could make him that mad, and you wanted to find out what.

"Is that enough proof for you?"

"Uhm.. Not really? I still don't know what that was about." But inside, you were already fired up.

"Then let's get a closer look then." Xiumin took you by your wrist and led you closer to them, but suddenly he stopped when Taeyeon abruptly turned around, accidentally bumping into a guy who stood behind her with a drink in his hand.

He dropped the glass onto the floor and it shattered to the ground. He immediately tried to clean up his mess and recklessly gashed his hand in the process.

The cut seemed deep and the blood had already began to pour out.

You stood there frozen watching the whole thing happen.

You saw it again.

Red. Blood. 

Your mind froze before you finally saw the room spinning around you.

The last thing you heard was Xiumin's cry calling out your name before you saw black.

 

 

"Jin...Jin!.... JIN!!" You slowly began to gain consciousness as you heard your name being called out louder and louder.

You blinked drowsily and your vision was the the first to recover.

The blurry image of Baekhyun appeared in front of you and finally when your sight cleared up completely, you weren't mistaken. Baekhyun was looking at you worriedly patting a warm cloth on your forehead.

You pushed yourself up with your elbows, and Baekhyun helped to steady you.

"How long was I out?" You mumbled while holding your head.

"Pretty much the rest of the night.. Everyone's outside waiting for you to recover."

"Why did they wait??"

"They're worried for you... And so am I." You could hear the sincerity in his voice.

"Seems like you still remember how to take care of me when this happens." You looked at the warm cloth he was holding in his hand and he smiled back at you.

"Of course. You really had me worried there for a second.."

"I can't control it.. Sorry.."

"Don't apologize, I'm just glad you're okay."

The moment wasn't awkward at all, and you were happy that it wasn't at last. You suddenly remembered Xiumin's words telling you that Baekhyun was quitting and you were meaning to ask..

Before you could even answer back, you were interrupted by someone who barged into the door.

"Okay, well it seems that you're okay now." Taeyeon bitterly greeted you.

Behind her, your members and the rest of EXO pushed past her and made it to your side.

"I'm alright, don't worry about it."

"Well, Baekhyun pretty much missed the entire party I set up for him because of you." Taeyeon pouted cutely, but her accusing tone couldn't be missed.

"Uhm.. Sorry about that... You didn't have to stay with me you know." You looked at Baekhyun, slightly apologetic.

"He wouldn't leave your side." Xiumin commented, and when you made eye contact, he gave you a knowing gaze.

"Well, time for presents!" Taeyeon clapped her hands reaching out for a near by bag that was clearly her present for him.

"Here, open mine first" She shoved the bag to Baekhyun and smiled sweetly.

As he opened the bag and pulled out the present, your eyes widened and your body tensed up in anger and disappointment.

It was the exact same bag you had gotten him earlier that day with Kai.

Your crestfallen expression wasn't missed and Kai noticed immediately. He gritted his teeth ready to say something, but you looked at him begging not to. He barely held back but he let it go.

Everyone took their turns handing him a present and he happily opened each one of them, grateful for all he received, but when it came your turn, he looked at you expectantly.

"Well Yejin? Where's your present?" Taeyeon looked at you with a mischievous grin.

"I- I don't have one." You finally muttered.

"Oh.. How rude, you come to a party and don't give the birthday boy a present?!" She looked at you with a disappointed look.

"No! She has a present!" Kai took the bag that was hidden behind others, but he had secretly slipped in an extra surprise that was added into the rest of your present without your knowledge.

He gave the bag to Baekhyun, and your eyes widened in shock, you were ready to take the bag away, but it was too late. He had already began to open it.

He revealed an identical copy of the bag he received from Taeyeon, but realizing it was heavier, he opened the bag and found extra items inside of it.

"Oh no! We got him the same present!" Taeyeon was doing her fake act again and all you could do was look down at your lap.

"I think I'll keep Jin's instead, you can keep this bag Taeyeon. Besides, this has extra stuff in it." He smiled brightly while tossing the other bag back to Taeyeon who was shocked beyond belief.

You had the same expression as he stood up and beamed at you, "Thanks Jin."

"N-No problem...." You mumbled, still in shock from what had just happened.

Secretly, all of EXO along with your members, were smirking in victory to themselves, but you didn't even notice. 

 

After leaving the party hall and heading home, Chinji ended up driving for you since you were in no state to drive home yourself.

 

Baekhyun on the other hand was smiling to himself in his room.

He scanned through the photo album that he had found inside of the bag. He wore the black bracelet around his wrist as he turned another page of the photo album.

Pictures of the two of you filled the album and he couldn't have been any happier.

 Kai had snuck a peek at his hyung and smiled to himself seeing how bright Baekhyun's smile was.

My work here is done.

___________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Definitely not my best chapter but then again, I've been writing for hours now and it's 4:31 am over here....

Sorry if this chapter is a bit lacking.!

But now it's time for me to go and get some shut eye.. Good night<333