Jabbing Buttons

Jealousy Overload

Can this girl get any stupider or what?

You were still staring at the ground with a shocked expression. Your eyes wandered from tile to tile still taken aback by her words. Chaeri was stupid over Kris, and you all knew that. But you didn't know she was stupid enough to ask him again. You didn't expect it, not one bit. 

But you knew what she was trying to do. You knew for a fact that she wasn't stupid enough to ask again. There had to be some other reason. Chaeri wasn't like the other fangirls that never give up. She got the message last time, and she wasn't going to get it a second time. You figured it out a second later. She was only trying to provoke you. And there was only one thing that irked you on most occasions.

 

Flirting.

 

And it wasn't just any kind of flirting. It was Chaeri's version of it. The kind where she was all over a guy and did it on purpose, but the second anyone would mention what she did, she would simply play the innocent act as if she had no idea what you were talking about, denying every bit of accusation. Chinji's flirting, you could tolerate, because she always only used the 3-touch-skinship test, and nothing else. You always knew what to expect. 3 touches, and that was it. She had a purpose for it too, a purpose you couldn't change about her, a purpose that at least made sense. Chaeri on the other hand only did it out of jealousy. Jealousy over you. She didn't like Kris mentioning you in his previous rejection, but she didn't know that he said it only out of irritation, just for the final blow to make it more convincing. It didn't mean anything..... well at least you thought it didn't.. She did it to try and get Kris jealous and it pissed you off that no matter how many times you told her to stop, she never would. It was her idiocy and saccharine behavior that caused guys to fall for her and girls to loathe her. It was her unbalanced personality that boggled you mind that she had the audacity to go as far as to aim for Kris for the nth time.

 

I will not let her push my buttons. No.

 

Chaeri slowly stalked towards Kris and slid her fingers down the sides of his arms. You flinched but tried hard not to show it. When she suddenly ran her finger down his cheek, you were surprised Kris didn't stop her. He just simply stared boredly at her as if he was waiting for the real entertainment. And if entertainment was what he was looking for, then he was about to step into a full on movie.

Chaeri went on her tip toes and leaned over to his cheek with her lips puckered. You didn't mean to say it but you couldn't just stand there and watch all of this happening right before your eyes. She had jabbed your final button.

"Get. Away. From him."' You said through gritted teeth, you jerked your head up and stared straight at her.

Chaeri innocently fell back on her feet and cocked her head to the side, "Why? You don't even know him. So why are you being so defensive?"

You weren't sure what she was trying to do, but whatever it was, it was working.

"Then how about I rephrase that. Get away from my brother."

People gasped in the hallway, even the EXO-M boys couldn't believe what you said, but Kris was the only one smiling brightly. Chaeri simply smirked and ignored your last statement already feeling victorious. She had finally gotten what she wanted.

"He isn't even your real brother."

You didn't know what else to say after that because it was true. He wasn't really your brother.

"So what do you say Kris?" Chaeri smiled cutely while you lowered your head with gritted teeth feeling defeated. You cursed yourself in your head for not thinking things through and blurting out like that, while Kris simply grinned as he trotted over to you and slung his arm around your shoulder.

"Didn't you hear my SISTER? She said, back off. And no. for the 100th time NO." Kris said whilst still smiling brightly.

"Chaeri simply nodded in approval, satisfied with the scene she caused.

"Alright then." She walked off, received her books, and walked down the hallway like nothing happened. Ahmi and Eunbae trudged behind her and glanced back at you mouthing 'we're sorry'. But to be honest, you were more shocked at Kris, than you were angry with Chaeri. You simply nodded to say it was okay.

The murmurs in the hall got louder and louder until someone was finally able to ask you the question that buzzed through all their heads.

"Park Yejin..... are you really Kris's sister?"

You blinked a few times before finally answering.

"A-an-anniyo!!"

"Well she technically isn't my sister, but I've known her since she was in her wittle diapers."

"YAH! SHHHHHT.!" You shushed him, but Kris pinched you cheek while moving the flab of skin back and forth between his fingers.

"YAH! Let Go!!"

The girls in the halls laughed at you two.

"Cats out of the bag Jinjin, just go with it."

"Alright alright. Break it up. We all have class. And now you all know, so let's just get on with it."

You parted through the crowd and walked to your locker to retrieve you books. Kris followed behind you. 

"Does this mean I get to walk you around school now?!" Kris said excitedly

"NO!" You abruptly stopped him, "This doesn't mean anything. Got it?"

"How do you think that would make you look? Treating your brother like this?" Kris smirked.

Girls behind you started to murmur again.

"Anniyo! It's not like that.!" You tried to defend yourself, "I just... I..."

"Now will you let me walk you to class?" Kris nudged you with his elbow.

"Let US walk you to class?" Tao came around and slung an arm around Kris's shoulder while the rest of the EXO-M boys filed around them. You could already hear the girls around you whispering as your expression cringed.

"She knows EXO-M too?!"

"Waah. Never knew that!"

"Then why did she act like she had no clue who they were?"

"Must be some kind of company issue or something."

 

Isn't finding out that I know Kris, enough for one day? EXO-M now too?!?!

 

You ruffled your hair in frustration. "AISH!"

You stormed down the hallway with EXO-M following you like dogs, high-fiving each other.

Once you made it to your class, they all called out your name from the door as they waved you off, "BYE, JINJIN-AH!!!" They purposely yelled at the top of their lungs in chorus. You lowered you head in embarrassment. Everyone in the room seemed quite in shock to see you be so familiar with the boys. Even you professor seemed quite surprised. You weren't exactly amazed to find that by 2nd period, more than half of the school had found out.

You were happy when Lunch finally came. To finally escape the wrath of all the rumors. You entered the cafe, but upon seeing the one person that caused you all the trouble, you grew enraged. Chaeri had gotten what she wanted. She had given you the one thing you hated other than her flirting.

Attention. Lots and Lots of attention.

You had grown to hate it, because most of the attention you ever got was negative. But you had to learn to embrace it. Being a trainee and all, you would soon debut, and all that attention would be showered on you.

You stormed your way to your table and slammed your palms on the surface. Chaeri didn't seem very surprised by your attitude.

"Are you happy now?!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Could you stop playing dumb for once?"

"What?" She boredly turned her head to face you.

"Is this what you wanted? Huh? You finally get me to tell the whole world my secret?"

"Not much of a secret now is it? And besides, I was just helping you out. Everyone knows we're all friends with a certain group. I have SHINee, Chinji has Suju, Eunbae had Big Bang, and Ahmi has B.A.P. You looked like a loner with no other friends but us. And now everyone know you have EXO. At least now you actually belong. Why were you even keeping it a secret in the first place?"

"I have my reasons, and you don't have to know them."

"Whatever, let's just finish eating."
 


 

You tried to stay as mad as possible but within 20 minutes, you were all laughing once again as if nothing happened. You all got back on the topic of the winter dance.

"Have you guys decided on who you're going to take?" Eunbae simply smiled.

"I was thinking of taking Henry." Chinji beamed.

"Oh well I'm taking Minwoo." Eunbae shyly muttered.

"I think I'm going to take... Zelo. I don't really want to go through the list, and besides, it's easier to ask your best friend instead of a stranger right?" Ahmi grinned brightly.

It was a shame, really. Ahmi was a good person. She was sporty, kind, and everything. She just had a bad choice of friends. Not that your group was the bad choice. B.A.P was. She didn't choose wrong, they just became the bad choice. Ahmi had known them since she was little. She grew up with them not knowing their hidden agendas. Zelo, Daehyun, and Youngjae were the innocent ones. They had absolutely no clue what their hyungs usually did. They didn't know their hyungs were your bullies. Himchan and Yongguk hid their enjoyment of tormenting you from the maknaes, always making it seem like they were good hyungs, but underneath it all you knew. You knew what they had done. They also kept it a secret from Ahmi, not wanting her to think of them as the bad guys. You didn't want to tell her either, because in her head, she pictured them to be good-natured, and you wanted to leave it that way. She knew the 'teased' you, but she didn't know the true extent of it all. Jongup on the other hand, had history with Chinji. Bad history. Though that story is for another time. But you knew their weakness. They would always have a soft spot for Ahmi, and would do anything for her. That much, you knew. It reminded you of the way Kris treats you. It gave you a sliver of hope that under their hollow shells, there was a possibility that those 3 still had a heart to care for someone dear to them.

Chaeri broke your train of thought when she finally announced her date to the dance.

"I'm taking... Daehyun."

 

"Daehyun?"

"Daehyun?" You and Ahmi chimed in unison.

There was something the both of you knew to be true. Daehyun had sincere feelings towards Chaeri. Not for the popularity, but because of who she was. You weren't surprised though, because you had seen that side of her once, and it was truly something to admire. You smiled knowingly towards Ahmi and winked. She grinned in response as you both thought the same thing.

But there was one thing you knew that no one else did. Knowing and being close friends with the guys had its perks, and you knew for a fact that all the guys they chose to take, also had sincere feelings for them. It was quite the coincidence.

Henry~Chinji

Minwoo~Eunbae

Zelo~Ahmi

Daehyun~Chaeri

 

All that was left, was to find your own date.

"Who are you taking, Yejin-ah?"

"I don't know yet... but we'll see... we'll see.."

 

________________________________________________________________________

A/N: 

Kay. Theres the chapter xD Alright then, not much to say<3 BUT YA'LL NEED TO COMMENT<3 D; I likes seeing peoples opinions(: so See you all next time(:

 

NO PLAGIARISM PLEAAASE ><