Elevator.

Jealousy Overload

A/N: Okay, so can I just say, I LOVE YOU GUYS?! I REACHED 92 SUBBIES TODAY(: SO I AM CELEBRATING WITH A SHORT UPDATE ^-^ Thanks for all the support!

(sorry Chinji.. I know it's not the chapter you wanted :/..)

 

 

Luhan waited in his dorm doing random activities. Cleaning, eating, messing with his beloved Rubix cube from Xia, watching TV, just anything to pass the time. He would check his phone every 5 minutes to see if you or Chinji would text about her whereabouts, but there were none.

It was finally 8 PM and he wracked his brain over worry. He grabbed his coat and was ready to head out.

"Hyung? Where are you going?" Sehun called out from the kitchen as he watched Luhan's hurry out the door.

"I'm looking for Chinji." And with that, he left the door.

"He is so whipped." Kris chuckled watching Luhan run out the door.

"He isn't whipped. He's in love, you idiot. Do you even know what it feels like??" Lay shook his head at Kris before entering the kitchen.

Kris sighed to himself, "Yeah.. I think I do." He whispered to no one in particular.

Luhan raced out of the 5th floor and hit the elevator button waiting for it to come down.

 

________

Chinji had woken up in the middle of the night and looked out the window. The sun had already set, and in a panic she crawled out of the sheets. The sudden jerky movement made her head buzz, it was only when she felt her head that she remembered her situation. 

She had a head injury and was currently in Suju's dorm in Eunhyuk's bed.

She entered the bathroom connected to their room and looked at herself in the mirror. She removed the bandage around her head and grimaced from the red splotch on the cloth. She felt the back of her head to make sure, and to her relief, she stopped bleeding. Her bruises had diminished too, they were barely noticeable and she wondered how it was possible that those ice packs were miracle workers.

She fixed herself up and took a second look at herself in the mirror, "Okay, I look alright." She nodded, only half-satisfied with her looks. She was still in her sweats since she didn't really have much time to come up with an outfit.

She carelessly walked out of their bedroom not realizing who she would be seeing when she got out. 

As soon as she stepped out, all eyes turned to her in panic, and one in particular looked at her in surprise and shock.

"Chinji?!" Henry stood up surprised to see his girlfriend standing right in front of him.

"H-Henry.." Chinji gulped and looked at the others for some help.

They immediately took action and stood up.

"She came to visit earlier this morning and she got sleepy and fell asleep on my bed.!" Eunhyuk laughed nervously hoping his excuse worked.. And thankfully, it did.

"You guys should've told me she was here!" Henry's shock turned to happiness as he walked up to Chinji and enveloped her into a hug.

Chinji cringed from the pain stabbing at her from every angle, but she turned her pain into happiness as soon as he let go as to not give off any hints of what really happened.

"I was just about to head back to the dorm, I forgot to tell them where I was going.. They must be worried sick!" Chinji smiled before moving past Henry and heading for the door.

"Wait! Let me walk you there!" He grabbed his jacket and headed towards the door with her.

Chinji mentally groaned in irritation. He was so persistent sometimes that it annoyed her.

But of course, she wasn't mean enough to tell him off and she simply let him walk her out.

Chinji checked her watch: 7:59 PM.

"Wow.. It's already this late?" Chinji gaped.

"Yeah.. What time did you come in?"

"Uhm... maybe around 7 this morning?"

"Oh... that's probably why I didn't see you. I left for a jog at 6, and when I got back, they were all acting suspicious. I still don't understand why they didn't tell me you were here." He stuck his hands into his pocket as the two walked down the hallway to the elevator.

They entered the elevator and as soon as the doors closed, Henry's aura suddenly turned somewhat...... lustful?

He pinned Chinji against the wall and smirked. "I didn't get to see you today." There was something suggestive about his tone but Chinji kind of liked seeing this side of Henry. The not-so-innocent side.

He pressed the '3' button for her floor and waited as the numbers slowly counted down from 8. After each floor Chinji could hear a ding, but she wasn't sure if it was the elevator or her mind playing games with her as Henry clasped their hands together and captured her lips into a very hungry kiss. She reached up and ran her fingers through his hair and smirked into the kiss. His tongue was begging for entrance, but Chinji wasn't that easy. She made sure she had a little fun.

The elevator continued counting down and with each passing level, there came that 'ding'.

8....

7....

6...

 

5... The elevator suddenly stopped, but neither of them broke the kiss, nor realized that the elevator actually stopped.

Chinji was too lost into the pleasure Henry was giving her down her collarbones, until the elevator doors opened.

And to her horror, her eyes jerked open as she saw

Luhan.

His expression was unreadable, and distant. He had watched the two for a good 2 seconds before they finally realized his presence and broke away from each other.

Chinji awkwardly fixed her outfit so that it didn't look like they were doing anything while Henry fixed his hair a little. The two stood stiff as a board as Luhan entered the elevator, his expression suddenly becoming dark with each passing moment.

In the elevator, the tension grew, as the three stood side by side and watched painstakingly as the elevator slowly made its way down to the third floor.

Chinji's mind was ready to explode. She was in a state of shock and guilt. It was so extreme that at the moment, she really didn't know what to do. She couldn't bring herself to say anything and simply waited as the next few seconds lingered until it felt like hours. 

Henry on the other hand, only felt awkward. He was completely unaware of the two's relationship and simply cleared his throat in order to loosen the mood up a bit..

"So... Luhan, where are you going?"

"Yejin's dorm."

Ouch. Chinji felt his words stab her, it was both a direct and indirect hit to her. She knew that those words were meant to hurt her. It was as if he wasn't even acknowledging her existence.

"Oh? Well then I guess you can just walk Chinji to the dorm while you're at it?"

Luhan didn't give a verbal response and instead, nodded his head curtly without making eye contact.

"Thanks man, I owe you one!" 

When the elevator finally reached her floor, Chinji stepped out with Luhan following while Henry remained in the elevator.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Chinji.. Sleep well." Henry winked at her and she half-heartedly nodded.

She waited until the elevator doors to close before turning and walking behind Luhan towards your dorm.

It was completely silent, and she felt like the hallway never ended and she would be stuck in this silence with Luhan for eternity.

Each and every step she took felt like a step closer to her doom. She shamefully looked at the ground and right before they arrived at your door, Chinji frantically grabbed Luhan's wrist and turned him around. She crashed her body to his and wrapped her arms tightly to his body, but he didn't hug her back. He simply stood frozen.

In any other case, Luhan would've done more than just hug her by now, but after the elevator incident, he suddenly felt numb to all emotions.

He pried her off of him and looked at her face filled with worry and guilt, while his remained blank and emotionless.

"Good night." He started to walk past her, but she grabbed at him again for the second time.

"Luhan, I'm sorry!" She dropped her head down and let her hair cover her face.

For once she felt guilty and indebted to him. For once she actually cared about someone's feelings. For once she felt like it was all her fault. For once... She felt like letting him go would make her crumble to the ground and become nothing. For once...... she felt something more for him, something more that no one else could have.

Her love.

"Sorry, doesn't cut it." His words were like thorns stuck on every part of her body, and she felt herself go weak.

"You know... I was stupid. I honestly hoped that after what happened a few days ago, that maybe you would change your mind and come to me instead of being with Henry. But I see I was wrong."

"You aren't wrong." Chinji finally got the courage to be her usual self. Strong and fierce. But somehow, the act wasn't very convincing.

"I thought I meant something to you, and for once, I felt like someone actually loved me more than Yejin does. I have shut out the world for 6 years. I've lived in darkness for as long as I can remember. I don't have a family, and the closest thing I have to my sister is Yejin. And for once, you made me feel like there was hope for me. You were the one glimmer of hope. You were the ray of light in my world." Luhan shook his head at her while he blinked back the tears. He never really talked about his feelings before, but now that he started, there was no stopping him.

"But I do care!"

"You know what?! I hate you. I hate you so ing much... For making me love you the way that I do. For making me care about you the way I do. For making me lose my mind every time I don't see you."

Chinji froze in place. He just confessed.


"You know, I was going to tell you how much I loved you yesterday.. But I am proud to say that I take it back. You don't deserve anyone's love. Not mine. Not Henry's. Not anyone!"

Chinji's breath hitched in , she slowly took a step back and closed her eyes as he continued to bash on her carelessly.

"Luhan, you have to let me explain, I really did care for you.. You do mean something to me, I just-"

"No, I thought I meant something more to you. But you've been playing me all along. You deceived me and I guess what they say is right. You're just a stupid girl, out hunting for every guy she can find and break their heart. A cold and heartless player. That's what you are. I chose not to believe it, but I guess you just confirmed it. You never cared. All you care about is hurting everyone around you. How do you live?" He spat out his words, and it felt like burning acid to Chinji, burning her from the inside out.

She gritted her teeth together and looked down at the ground.

"If that's what you believe I am, then let it be that way. Hate me for all I care! You're right about me. I am cold. I am heartless. And I don't give two s about anybody's feelings for me. You were just another one of my play toys and I sure did have fun." She spat at him in equal ferocity and bored a hole through his head. No matter how strong she tried to be, it didn't show on the outside. The tears suddenly blurred her vision as she tried her best to remain calm.

Luhan lowered his head. The argument had escalated so quickly that he didn't realize how bad it had become. He didn't mean half the things he said, but in the heat of the moment, it somehow felt right to say. And now, there was no turning back.

"I am so stupid... I'm stupid for falling for you. I'm stupid because of how you make me feel every time I'm with you, and I wish I could just take it all back now." Chinji hissed as the tears ran down the sides of her cheeks, staining her perfect blush, although her skin was looking paler than usual.

Luhan blinked for a few seconds, taking in what she had just said.

She.. fell for me?

He tried to say something that would fix this whole mess he had made, but he had gotten himself far too deep to crawl out of the hole he dug for the both of them. And his pride wouldn't let him.

"Good night." He lowered her head and turned around before running to a sprint to the elevator.

Chinji turned around and exhaustingly unlocked the door and stumbled in. She was feeling faint, and her head was buzzing. She took a few steps into the dorm before seeing the world spin for a few seconds and it all became black. Her body went numb and collapsed to the ground.

The last thing she heard were sudden faint screams in the background.

"CHINJI!!"