Unwanted Letters.

Jealousy Overload

You finally walked out of the Music Room and out into the courtyard after finishing your finals for Violin... You were expecting to walk into the class and take a written theory test and perform one of your pieces, but of course you were caught off guard, which was not cool at all. You had studied  your theory and your pieces with utmost precision, and suddenly they tell you, you didn't have to do any of it?

You were told that you had to perform a duet with a partner. You were partnered according to ranking in your class, and inevitably you were paired with Henry, and so on. You were given a piece to sight read and were graded by accuracy and how well you could identify the mistakes in the performances of your peers. Your performance was almost flawless. You were worried for your slight mistakes, because your mistakes would also affect your partner's grade. The last thing you wanted to be was a burden to Henry. This was the only class where you felt like a weight to someone else. He assured you after, not to worry too much about it. And the only thing that was running through your head was,

He's too nice to be hurt by Chinji... Sorry bout' that Henry, but it'll be happening pretty soon too.

As soon as you reached the cafe, you sighed and plopped into your seat. You were alone today since practically everyone else didn't have to come to school. Only the double majors remained which was only 50? 60 at most, other than that, the campus was empty. 

You reached into your bag and retrieved the letter you received yesterday. You opened the envelope and read the contents of the letter, which said the terms and conditions of your company and the contract that was attached. Nothing with much detail was added into the letter, probably because they assumed you had informed your parents of the minor details, when clearly you hadn't told them anything. You sighed when your eyes scrolled down to the bottom of the page. There were two blank lines for both of your parents to sign. You dropped you head on the table and groaned in misery.

They will never sign this. I'm so screwed, I should just give this up since I don't even have a chance. They'll find out about me dancing and then what? They'll probably never let me dance again..

You began to bang your head on the table repetitively, over and over again until you felt someone tap your shoulder.

"Chogiyo...(excuse me)"

Your head shot up, "Oh, ne?"

You could feel your forehead beginning to bruise as if it were turning red.

The girl looked at you pitifully and pointed at her own forehead, confirming your assumptions about your own forehead. You quickly covered it with your hands in embarrassment.

"Mianhae." You apologized for your current appearance.

"Oh, it's alright, and anyways, the principal would like to see you in his office." She nodded and walked off.

You gathered your items and walked to the administration office for the second time. When you entered, you walked into your principal's office and took and seat. Everything looked the same as before, except this time, you were alone.

"Yejin, you parents contacted me to give this to you." He handed you a letter that had your name on it written in your mother's handwriting. You tensed as you slowly opened the letter. You began to read...

"Yejin-ah, it's your umma. It's winter vacation and me and your father would like you and your friends to come here to Daegu for a few days. We miss you.

I arranged with Chinji's parents for you and your friends to go to Chongqing and visit her parents there first. Your plane tickets are set to depart early morning this Saturday. You will leave on Wednesday and fly back home to Daegu until next Saturday. You can all go back to Seoul, then. It's a 2 hour drive from here to Seoul. Just tell me how many people will be coming and I'll send you the tickets first thing tomorrow. 

We haven't seen you in so long, you must have grown a lot. We want you back home. Hope to see you soon.

Love you."

 

You mentally scoffed in your head.

My dad? Wants to see me? Since when?

You rolled your eyes and scanned over the letter again. It was drenched with saccharine words. You appreciated your mom's efforts of finally trying to be a kind and caring mother, you really did. But you also knew the hidden intention behind it. She was trying to make you treat her like a kind and caring mother for once, even though you knew well that she wasn't. Because whenever you went back home, you treated your parents with utmost respect to the point where you never smiled in their presence. It was a suffocating feeling for most parents to be treated that way by their children. You knew your mom was becoming that way too, but you father? He didn't mind your behavior towards them, not even one bit. You mom was so intent on bringing back the old and bubbly Yejin they used to know, but she was long gone. Your mom's actions were all out of guilt for their mistake 6 years ago. and you hadn't gone back home in 2 years.

It's their fault I'm this way. A study freak. Emotionless child. But this is what they wanted, so this is what they got, there's no changing me now. They think that after 18 years of torture they can play happy family with me like nothing happened? Yeah right.

You slowly rose up from your seat and bowed politely to your principal.

"Please inform my mother, I'll need 8 tickets."

You thanked him for his time before making your exit. You walked back to the parking garage before driving out of the campus past the gates.

You were angry to say the least. Furious to be more exact. Your mother had pounded you with expectation after the incident. You parents were unsatisfied with the way you were. They were never able to accept you for who you were and who you wanted to be. So they changed you to fit their liking. And you hated your parents for it. You went from a neglected middle child, to suddenly a child with the burden of endless pressure.

Being middle child, they never paid attention to what you did, so you would rebel, but it never got you anywhere, you would just get scolded for it and looked down upon. They only began to pay attention to you when they had finally lost hope for both of your sisters. If it wasn't for them, your parents would have still neglected you up to this point. You were always the last resort, the last choice, the final option. You blamed it all on them. Your parents worked so hard on trying to make you the perfect doctor to fit their desires, they forgot you were still their daughter. So you changed. You changed yourself hoping that maybe, just maybe they would actually pay attention to you. But no. Now that you thought about it, either way, it was a lose-lose situation. You would have either been neglected and been invisible for the rest of your life, or had an overload in expectation to the point where it changed who you were. Which ever choice you made, you would suffer, so there was no right or wrong choice. It was simply, a choice. You just happened to choose endless pressure over neglect. And now, 6 years later, you mother finally realized the extent of their torture, and she wants to mend your relationship like nothing happened? But you couldn't do that, because something did  happen, and it changed you. If they wanted you this way, then you weren't going to turn back on your decision. You chose this life rather than be ignored, and you weren't going to go back to that. Your mom didn't play the loving mother out of love towards you, she did it out of guilt. That, you were sure of, and you hated them for it. They didn't love you. They never did. They simply saw you as another easier source of pride and income, and for that, it was your turn to torture them. You would never change who you were to fit their requirements.

You were nearing your house when you took a glance at the letter that was practically burning a hole through the seat, and your fuse finally burned out. You slammed your palms on your steering wheel and screamed in frustration. You stomped on the brakes and your car came to a screeching halt. You would rather explode in your car than explode in your house. You didn't want to show them this side of you. You were hyperventilating in misery when you began to yell. At what? The letter possibly?

(A/N:Excuse the language ._____. sorry..)

"Shut up! Shut up with your stupid lies! You want me home?! that! You say you miss me? And abeoji misses me? You must be ing kidding me. I'm tired of you pretending like you care! Your sick fake act? I don't buy any of it.!! Stop treating me like a project that you never finished!! Always trying to fix me like I'm broken. I'm not broken! I just want to be ME, for once, just let me be ME!"

You yelled into the thin air as you grabbed fist fulls of your hair before grabbing the letter and tearing it to pieces. You tossed it out the window as you drove into your driveway feeling lighter and free. You took a deep breath and plastered a smile on your face before stepping through your doorway.

"How was your test?" Lay came strolling by holding a can of soda.

"Fine, but where did you get that soda?" You squinted in suspicion.

"Uhmm..." Lay nervously glanced around.

"Soda isn't good for a dancer's diet, and you know that," You softly urged, "But... Can I have that?"

You smiled as you snatched away the can before taking a swig of the fizzy drink and carrying the can up to your room.

Lay stood frozen with his hand still outstretched as if he was still holding the can that was no longer there. He blinked a few times before walking into the kitchen with a bewildered look.

"I think there's something wrong with Yejin..." Lay muttered.

"Why?" Luhan cocked his head.

"I don't know... but she just drank my soda.."

"Whoa." Luhan gaped.

"What's so weird about her drinking soda?" Xiumin piped up.

"She hasn't drank soda in almost 8 years probably? At least not that I know of. She doesn't like soda.." Luhan spoke with much amazement.

Just then, Chinji came through the door of the kitchen, ending a conversation with someone she had been talking to on her phone.

"Shì, bà bà (yes, dad [Chinese]), I'll see you soon." Chinji hung up her phone as she entered the kitchen with a serious face.

"Your dad?" Tao questioned.

"Yeah, and I think I know why Yejin's acting weird..."

"Why?" Kris boredly looked up at her.

"It never made sense to me why Yejin hated going home and always over respected her parents, but now that I know her story, it all makes sense..." She nodded.

"Your point?" Kris blinked tiredly.

"Just got off the phone with my dad... and we have to go with her—"

"Where?" Luhan urged.

 

 

"She has to go home."

 

________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Yeah, so anyways, I actually wanted to troll since it's April Fools, but I decided, NAHH BETTER NOT. [On a side note, anyone else feel like EXO's comeback was an April Fools joke?] xD OKAY SO... 

I was actually going to make this chapter the Winter Dance chapter, but I forgot to add in this small detail, so next chapter is the winter dance chapter.. besides theres going to be lots and lots of pictures of the dresses xD HAHA. so its going to be a pretty long chapter.(: 

 

My friend, asked me to make EXO-K come back already, and I know it's taking a really long while to get there, but please be patient with me! It will happen<3

AND HAPPY APRIL/ EASTER TO ALL OF YOU, Have A Great Day(:

I shall see you all next week<3

 

PLEASE NO PLAGIARISM ><