7. The Final Blow.

Jealousy Overload

You went on a midnight stroll out in the garden in your back yard with Lay. He always knew how to comfort you when you were feeling down. And this was just one of those times when you needed it after your disagreement with Kris.

"What am I supposed to do? Let my father decide my future? Let Kris try and fix it? For once, can my life just be my decision?!" You sighed in frustration.

"It's hard on you, I know. Your dad is already planning out every detail of your future without considering what you want, and there's Kris, the knight in shining armor that just has to save our damsel in distress right?"

"Exactly."

"I think you just need a day to yourself where you don't have to listen to anyone tell you what you're supposed to do with your life."

"Well, you know that I can't refuse my father. I don't exactly plan on showing him my contract. If he finds out what I've been doing for the past 2 years, he'll never let me see you guys again." You sighed deeply again.

 

"Well, can we just talk about something else? I don't want you to worry about this anymore, it's not helping."

You had your arms linked to his and he pulled you closer to him as a cold breeze went by.

"Do you want to go back inside?" He asked kindly, "It's getting pretty cold, and I don't want you to get sick."

"Are you kidding me? It's so refreshing out here, you can still smell the roses and flowers even in their dying state. I'd much rather get sick, than go back inside anyways."

"Ahh I see... But can I ask you something?" Lay's tone suddenly turned serious.

"Go ahead.."

"Do you miss EXO-K? and Baekhyun?..." He asked cautiously.

Something was definitely wrong with his tone, and it scared you.

"Yixing, why do you sound so serious?..." You raised a brow at him.

"Oh sorry.." He loosened up a little, but you could still sense the urgency in his question.

"Well, of course I miss EXO-K! I miss Suho and how he always acts like a mother to all of you."

"Yeah, that's true."

"And Yeollie, you just can't stop smiling around him! Then D.O and his cooking! Oh jeez, I can't get enough of his spaghetti."

"Those were some darn good meatballs too!" 

The two of you shared a good laugh remembering the bunch.

"Then there's my baby Sehun, you know how I treat that little boy."

"You call him little yet he's turning 20 soon and he's taller than you."

"Doesn't act like it." You chuckled.

"True." Lay nodded in agreement.

"Then of course I miss Kai, those times when all 3 of us would dance together just for fun. He messes around a lot, but that's just how he is. But when he teases me. And his smirk. Jeez, sometimes I just want to wipe it off his smug face."

"You know it. But I miss those times too." Lay smiled genuinely.

"Then Baekhyun... well I don't know.. I told him I would wait for him, but it's just... I don't know, it's a little hard when I'm not allowed to contact him, and we haven't talked in 6 months.. It's a struggle. I don't even know if his heart changed or not..."

Oh his heart changed, alright. Lay thought to himself.

"But I guess, I'll just have to find out later on... But you know, he actually called me once when I was on a uhm, double-date with Ryeowook.

"He did? And when was this?"

"A couple of months before you guys got here."

"Oh, I see.."

"Ahh, look at the blue petals on these flowers!" You yelled excitedly while running towards them.

Lay just looked at your back in pity, "I don't want you to get hurt anymore Jin.." He sighed deeply, following after you.

"Yixing! Yejin! Dinner!" You heard your mom call out to the garden. You turned your head and grabbed Lay's arm, dragging him back to the back door, for dinner.

 

You entered feeling slightly awkward since everyone had already been sitting and waiting for the two of you to get there, including your father.

You let go of Lay's arm immediately and bowed.

"Sit down and eat dinner." Your father spoke.

You sat down in your seat and looked down at your plate.

"Well, it's nice to see some new and fresh faces." Your father began to speak.

"Yes, Mr. Park, thank you so much for accommodating us on such a short notice." Xiumin spoke respectfully. 

"Of course. Yejin's friends are always welcome here." You father spoke again.

Then there was that awkward pause where everyone was eating silently.

After sometime, you father spoke again.

"So what are your occupations?"

"We're in the entertainment business. We're idols in a group called EXO." Kris spoke this time.

"Ahh, in my opinion the entertainment business isn't a smart choice of occupation, you see, eventually at some point in time, fans will lose out on the excitement, your contracts expire, and you get old living the idol life for how long? 10 years maximum? It isn't a stable job, and you lose out on precious college learning years. When you're done being an idol, what job will you have?"

"Junbin." Your mother scolded, "Do not criticize and downgrade our guests. You're being rude.!"

"Yesun, I'm just stating the fact. They'd better come to their senses now before it's too late."

"I think the entertainment business is a very successful one boys, don't listen to my disrespectful husband." Your mother smiled at the boys, and you slowly felt yourself shrinking in your chair feeling like your father was indirectly insulting you.

"Disrespectful? I beg your pardon." Your father furrowed his brows incredulously.

"I suggest you just eat your food, jagiya. I have something to say." Your mom proudly spoke through gritted teeth.

"What is it?"

"I said to eat, just listen until I finish." She gave him a threatening look, and for once you were enjoying this side of your mom.

"Yejin has been doing some training herself these past few years. She has chosen to go into the entertainment business."

"Absolutely No—" Your father interjected.

"I said to listen until I finish." She scolded.

"She has come here with a contract from SM Entertainment. The contract is very clear on its policies towards their education too. She will still be attending school, but not necessarily on a daily basis, she will have concerts in between school and will also have to take half of her classes and use them as practice. I know she is already a double major, which means she will have to quit one. I suggest her Performing Arts Major for Violin. I wouldn't mind if she chose to quit Pharmacy as well, whatever she wants, it's her choice. Questions?" Your mother ended on a happy note as if mocking your father.

You on the other hand, were taken by surprise. You looked absolutely stunned.

1. Because your mother somehow found out.

2. Because she was defending you.

3. She just told your father off.

What just happened? It was all a blur to you. You jerked your head towards Kris to seek for an answer and he just nodded at you, as more of a reassurance.

"I will absolutely NOT let my daughter take on an impractical career. If she takes on the business, which she has already cleared with me and accepted my offer, then she will have a stable income for the rest of her life. She does not have my permission whatsoever."

"Junbin. You will sign the contract whether you like it or not. This is her life, not yours."

"No. There is absolutely no way I will sign that contract." Your father made his final statement, and that's when you knew your mother was about to explode.

You stood up feeling extremely angry at BOTH of your parents for arguing about your future, it was about time you stood up to them and made up your mind. You felt bold, finally able to go out of your comfort zone to go against your father's wishes.

"Abeonim." You said shakily. "When's my birthday?"

It was an odd question to ask, and all eyes turned to you in confusion. Where were you going with this?

Your father turned his head to you as if trying to remember, but being unable to, he just stayed silent. Which meant he couldn't remember.

"Then tell me, abeonim, when was the first day you hired my tutor for Medicine?"

"April 11, 2008."

You gave him a scoff of disbelief.

"So I guess you do remember my birthday."

Your father's jaw went slack, his eyebrows furrowing in anger.

"Yejin, Where are your manners?! I am your father, not your friend." He began to yell.

"I'm sorry, but manners flew out the door when you began to decide that you could control my life forever. I'm not your robot anymore."

Everyone's jaws dropped at your statement.

"Mianhamnida. But I will be excusing myself."

You turned to walk away. But turned around again just for the final blow.

"And for what it's worth, abeonim, I'm pretty sure dad's were supposed to be our best friends too." You shook your head and walked out of the dining room. Back outside to the garden for a midnight stroll.

 

"Everyone, please excuse yourselves out of the dining room, I have some business to discuss with Yejin's father." Your mom spoke to the rest of the group.

Everyone hurriedly excused themselves out to the garden to follow you, not willing to stick around and wait for the two to argue. It was not going to be pretty.

"Junbin, you need to sign this." Your mother showed him the contract.

"No, I don't have to do anything. I am her father!"

"YES! That's exactly what you are in this house. You are a father. Not a business owner! You are a father to  girls. Start acting like one! This is your daughter's future, isn't time you let her decide on what she wants?"

"She wants to take over the company when I step down!"

"NO! She doesn't! She wants to live a life of her own without being controlled by you and me. She' s been afraid of us for all this time. Parents are supposed to be the one thing our kids aren't afraid of, yet we've become their worst nightmares!"

"We demand discipline, if they don't like it then they can leave this house for all I care!"

"Do you hear yourself?! Do you even realize what you are saying?"

"They can live a life of their own as long as they are no longer my children."

"You are telling me right now, that your job is more important than your own kids." Your mother shook her head in disbelief, "You are sick."

"I'm practical."

"Your daughter loves to dance, did you know that?"

"Dance? What kind of blasphemy does she practice? It's such an uncivilized act!"

"It's her passion! She loves to do it! And just because she thinks differently than you, you're willing to disown her?!"

"Yes, because she can be responsible for her life without me controlling her right?"

"No! She just wants a father who will support her decisions no matter what!"

"I can't do that to her, she will ruin her life if I sign this contract.!"

"Then let her make her own mistakes! If it's not meant to be, then she will realize it later, you can't keep her caged forever. She will never learn if you won't let her make mistakes."

"She's made enough of those already, she's learned enough. Now all she has to do is listen to me and she won't make anymore."

"Do not bring that incident up in this house anymore. How could you possibly blame her for it?! She was 15!"

"That's old enough for her to learn and understand."

"No it's not! At that age, we should have shown her that it was okay to make mistakes, not torment her and blame her for it! There was no way she would've learned that way. And now look what we've done to her! Do you ever remember your daughter being like that before?!"

"No, but it was for her good. Like I said before, if she just listens to me, she won't have to make anymore mistakes."

"No. The only mistake she will ever make is if she listens to you."

Your mother stood up in fury. She threw the contract at your father and spoke shakily.

"Sign it or not, but I will make sure she gets to achieve her dream."

And with that, your mother stormed off.

 

 

 

Outside, you laid down on the grass field and decided to take a small nap. The night air was fresher than ever and you smiled inhaling the sweet scent of flowers all around you. The crickets were chirping, and breeze blowing, and just calm and serene. You could breathe out here and it was a comforting feeling. Inside the house was just so suffocating and stuffy.

You suddenly felt the grass around you moving and sinking. You peeked around and noticed that everyone had come outside, followed you, and were all laying down beside you in a circle. Yemin was on your left, and Luhan was on your right.

"Why did all of you come out here?"

"Your mom's exploding at your dad right now.." Luhan muttered beside you.

"I see... Wait what?!"

"Yeah, umma told us all to get out, cause "she had some business to discuss with appa".. So we all just got up and left." Yemin said to you.

Even though Kris was on the other side of you, 4 people down, you still had to yell at him.

"Kris! Why did you show my mom the contract! I told you was giving up on it!"

"So you just wanted your dad to hand over the entire company to you and give up your dream?"

"Yes...... No...." You spoke quietly.

"Your mom already signed it you know."

"She did?!"

"Yeah, she did."

"Thanks Kris..."

"Told you I'd do something about it."

"So abeonim said he'd give you the whole company?" Yerin spoke from somewhere on the other side.

"Yeah.."

"You could've been my boss you know."

"Whatever. The business life isn't for me. Maybe he'll just give it to you."

"Nawh, I'm not that responsible."

"And I am?" Everyone around you began to laugh, including you.

"Shooting stars!" Lay yelled.

"Waaahhh!" Everyone gazed up at the sky and stared in wonder.

 

 

Inside, your father looked down at the contract and read through it. He heaved a sigh and stared out the glass window, watching you and your friends laying out in the grass.

He looked once more at the contract, and decided to take out his pen.

"I was never cut out to be a father, but I guess this is all I can do for her."

He signed his name at the bottom of the paper.

"Let her make her own mistakes. Remember that Junbin." He nodded to himself and headed to bed.

 

____________________________________________________________________
HAPPY ENDING EVERYONEE!!!<3<3<3

This is one of the last drama scenes in a long time. (Depressing drama scenes) the rest will be like action and comedic drama, if you know what I mean! ;D 
THE COUNTDOWN CONTINUES! Hope you liked the chapter! 6 more chapters to go!

Just a little more till Baekkie comes back ^-^

Just a heads up, but the chapters to follow, will be going in fast forward, the time skips quite a bit(: 
 

Thanks for reading! Leave me some comments!

NO PLAGIARISM PLEASEE<3