How We Met Part 1

Jealousy Overload

A/N: This is going to be a long chapter to make up for the 2 weeks i've been MIA, sorry! explanation in the end<3 Enjoy(;

_______________________________________________________________________

, we're screwed, Kris thought.

When you entered the hallway, the 6 of them began to back away in fear, taking a step back cautiously one after another. Your pissed off expression changed into a grin, and with gritted teeth and balled fists, you stalked towards them, sarcasm radiating through your entire being.

"What do you want?" You said between clenched teeth.

"Oh? Nothing we just wanted to uhh... say hi?"

Kris was at a loss for words, "We'll just leave you to your studying."

The 6 of them their heels and were about to dash off, until you stopped them.

"Woah, woah, there. Where do you think you're going?!"

The boys stopped in their tracks.

"You think after bursting my study bubble you can just run off like that?!" You were fuming.

Chinji knew exactly what was to come next. She scurried off before all hell would break loose. Taking a step forward, you continued,

"Rule #2 of my house: you never, EVER, disturb me while I'm studying."

You ran towards them and like a cheetah, you attacked. You grabbed the nearest school supply around— a ruler, and began to whack away. You side-tackled them and swung your leg across the floor, tripping all 6 boys in the process. From inside the kitchen, Chinji heard a bunch of boys wailing in pain. She giggled.

"Well, at least I tried."

After only a few minutes, all 6 of them were on the floor with raw wrists and bruised backs. You stood in triumph and dusted off your palms together.

"Never do that again." You walked back towards your study room and before entering, you turned back to face them.

"Oh, and Tao, thanks for teaching me those moves."

You slammed the door leaving the 6 of them to struggle back onto their feet.

"Nice going Tao. Now look at what you did." Luhan scowled at the younger.

"Gege! It's not my fault noona learned so fast!

"Why'd you have to teach her in the first place?!" Kris whined.

"Self-defense.!" Tao argued back.

"Well obviously she doesn't use it for self-defense!"

Tao sulked. They made their way into the kitchen rubbing their sore wrists that were madly swatted by the ruler. Chinji turned around as they trudged back in. Luhan and Lay clutched their bruised sides, Xiumin and Chen were holding their shoulders that had suddenly formed a painful knot, while Kris and Tao held their dizzy heads. There were 6 ice packs laid out on the table and Chinji was sauteing vegetables on a pan in one hand, and stirring a large pot of soup with the other hand.

"Aww, go ahead and use the ice packs, I knew it would happen. Last time, she practically tore my shirt." Chinji sympathetically smiled at them. They eagerly grabbed for the ice packs and placed them gingerly on their sore spots.

"After you guys are done recharging your batteries, can you help me cook the rest of lunch and dinner?"

"If you want help, ask Luhan, the rest of us will just burn your kitchen down. We don't cook." Kris chuckled.

"More like CAN'T" Lay corrected, rolling his eyes.

"Arraso, Luhan can you help me?" Chinji smiled brightly.

"Mmm, no problem!" Luhan chipped. He still got the butterflies everytime she talked to him, but he learned to control the way he showed it on the outside. He finally felt comfortable with her. And he was proud of it.

Luhan quickly recovered after placing the ice pack on his bruised sides and walked towards the stove where Chinji was cooking.

"So how can I help?" Luhan beamed.

"Stir the soup for me please." Chinji handed him the spatula and walked off towards the pantry. She dug into the cabinet and brought out the flour. She headed for the refrigerator and brought out eggs and butter. She took out a large bowl and placed other ingredients along with the flour, butter and eggs. She stirred it all up and formed a glob of dough. As she was kneading the dough, she looked over her shoulder to Luhan to check on how he was doing. Apparently, Luhan's actions had been known to Chinji. The way he blushed and flinched when she was around, she noticed.

Hmm, how about a little test ey?

She walked up to Luhan and stood behind him. She reached out her arm and gently placed her hand on top of his, grasping the spatula as well.

"Luhan, stir it like this."

She stirred the soup holding his hand lightly, making gentle circular motions in the pot.

"You shouldn't stir to quickly or you'll ruin the stew." She playfully joked.

She felt Luhan tense up from the contact, and she knew she had pushed the right buttons.

"Ohh.. mhmm..." He nervously sputtered.

Luhan felt his cheeks start to fire.

Oh , Luhan stop it! He mentally slapped himself.

Chinji stepped away from him with a slight smirk and continued to form the bread. The EXO-M boys watched with interest.

"OOOOOH, Luhan-gege's got it bad!" Tao whispered to Kris.

"She's practically got him wrapped around her finger." Kris muttered back.

"Let's leave the lovebirds alone." Tao nudged the other 3 and they began to walk out to Chinji's living room. Before all of them could disappear, Chinji stopped them.

"Yejin takes only one break in the entire day if she's studying. And it's her 5:30 naps. She takes one everyday but, it's the only thing that she allows to interrupt her studies. You can talk to her then, she isn't usually too cranky."

"Alright, but what time is it?" Chen asked. Chinji checked her watch...

"5:29, and you can go see her right about... now."

The clock hit 5:30 and as if on cue, the door to your study room opened. You casually walked out into the kitchen rubbing your eyes. When you saw Tao and Kris practically limping, you winced imagining the pain you inflicted on them. Once you reached them, you suddenly felt really guilty.

"Oh, mianhae... I didn't mean to hurt you that bad, I was just really pissed. I don't like being disturbed.."

"Well we kinda got the idea." Kris said 'matter-of-factly'.

"But you have to admit, you were all asking for it." You shrugged.

"Yeah, we should've just listened to Chinji-ssi." Kris sighed.

"Well if you don't mind, I'm gunna go and get a snack and take my nap."

"Mm? Arraso." The 5 of them headed off to some room behind you.

"You headed for the kitchen to grab a light snack, but you happened to stumble upon a scene that intrigued you enough to stop in your tracks. You watched from afar at the little exchange in the kitchen.

Chinji was there beside the stove and was holding a spoon with a little bit of the soup and held it up to Luhan's lips. He took a sip of the hot liquid and smiled.

"So how is it?" Chinji asked.

"Delicious!" 

You weren't sure what happened until Luhan turned and you saw some of the soup on the side of his lips. You knew she had purposely missed his mouth slightly for one reason.

"Luhan! Come here." Chinji gently held his chin and turned it towards her. She gazed at him for a second before looking at his lips. Luhan gulped and tensed at the slight touch. But she slowly lifted her other finger to his lips and gently wiped away the soup that was on the corner of his lips. Luhan blinked his large doe eyes before realizing what she had done.

"You had a little bit of soup on your lips." Chinji smiled and turned around. Luhan immediately pinked and turned around grabbing his beating heart in his chest that tempted to practically beat it's way out of himself. 

Smooth Chinji, smooth.

At that moment you walked in with a a smirk.

"So what level was that supposed to be?" You giggled mischieviously.

Chinji replied without even a backward glance at you. "2."

"Ahh so you haven't reached the final stage?"

"Nope, not yet."

Luhan blankly stared at the two of you having no idea what you were talking about. Only you knew Chinji's little test. You called it 'Chinji's 3 touches of death'. There were 3 levels: barely, mild, and dangerous. If she had only reached mild, it meant there was more to come, and you just had to stick around to watch. So you grabbed a bowl, poured some cereal, and sat down at the counter to eat. It wouldn't be long until Chinji made the last and final blow. 

You watched with interest as Chinji slowly carried the tray of dough towards the oven where Luhan stood, blocking it. Chinji stood awfully close to Luhan to the point where she was touching the sides of his legs. You saw Luhan's muscles tense up tremendously and you smirked as she finally hit level 3. While still sticking close to Luhan, Chinji slowly lowered herself to squat near the oven, As she went down, her arm was practically grazing down from Luhan's sides, to his thigh, and all the way down to his ankles. You saw Luhan shiver and drop the spatula he was holding into the pot. You laughed so hard you thought you were going to piss in your pants. Chinji simply opened the oven, placed the tray of dough on the rack, and casually walked towards you. You exchanged a little handshake with a swipe of your palms and a fist bump. She took your empty bowl and dropped it into the sink. You and Chinji had a dishwasher, but with both of you being insane perfectionists, neither of you thought the dishwasher cleaned well enough and preferred hand-washing the dishes. 

You broke out into another fit of laughters when you saw Luhan still frozen in the same position.

"Yah. Luhan, you're drooling." You waved your palm in front of his face. He blinked a few times and shook his head to break his trance. You laughed for the nth time and you grabbed an apple before walking out the back door. You made it just in time to watch the sunset. You closed the door along with your eyes. You inhaled a deep breath of the fresh oxygen. You really loved the outdoors. It cleared your mind and was a good change in the environment from your stuffy study room.

Having such a huge backyard, it took you some time to finally make your way down the pebbled staircase and to your favorite napping spot... The cherry blossom tree. Unfortunately, the tree was not in full bloom and was in fact beginning to fade away slowly, losing a blossom every second so that it seemed like it was raining cherry blossoms. But it was during this time that you enjoyed your last hour of freedom before you enclosed yourself into you dark prison once again. A cold breeze blew past and you shivered as the hair on your arms and neck stood up. You were getting goose bumps, so you rubbed your arms to at least try and stay warm. It didn't really help though. You sat down beside the tree, leaning against the huge trunk. You began to eat your apple taking small bites every now and then. You looked up at the bright orange sky that intermixed and faded out into a dark blue the higher your eyes went. The bright orange more vibrant as it touched the horizon and outline of the mountains. You smiled to yourself remembering all the sweet moments you had with Baekhyun, watching the sun go down. It was calming, soothing, and relaxing all at once. You closed your eyes to recall each moment and took your time to soak it all in.

If remembering you is all I can do, It's enough to sustain me.

As those last few words slipped you mind, in a matter of minutes, the dark blue sky overtook the orange as it ate away the last few remnants of the color and finally touched the mountains. You eyes shut tighter and you fell into a deep slumber.

After what seemed to be an hour later, you expected to wake up freezing cold. You had a strange inner clock so that whenever you were cold you would usually wake up around an hour after you fell asleep. But this time, you woke up strangely — warm.. You blinked a few times until you realized there was a blanket that draped over your small and petite figure. There was a surge of warmth until you realized that not only were you snuggly covered with a blanket, but you also noticed a presence that sat beside you. You turned your head and found Kris peacefully sleeping beside you, arms folded behind his head and almost slightly smiling. You smiled to yourself and stared at him in his tranquil state.

"Stop staring at my 'oh-so-beautiful' face would you?" He smirked with eyes still closed.

"Oh shut up would you? Let me enjoy a moment where you aren't super annoying."

You punched him lightly before turning to your side and laying your head on his lap.

"You know, I seriously missed when we used to do this all the time." You sighed while looking up at the stars. The view was absolutely breathtaking.

"Ever since you guys debuted, I haven't been able to hang out with you guys as often. Do you remember when we used to sneak out to the backyard and campout on the grass to go star-gazing? And the time we sneaked out to the roof at like 2 AM to watch the meteor shower?"

You smiled recalling all the sweet memories you had with Kris when you were kids. It had been awhile since you've actually been this happy with him.

"You know..." you turned your head to look up at his defined facial features, but when you looked, Kris was already gazing at you. He gazed so intently, you had never seen him look at you with so much affection before, "That night on the roof, was my first time to see a shooting star so beautiful. I've never seen anything that beautiful before." You beamed.

Something so beautiful? I've been looking at the most beautiful star for my whole life. I just wish you knew.

Kris thought to himself. He slipped his arm around your neck and the other on your waist. He pulled you close to him so that your face was buried into his chest.

"Yeah, I remember."

You could feel his chiseled abs on your cheek and his heart beat. It was steady and matched yours at the same pace. You didn't really get along all too well, but you knew Kris long enough to know his soft spot for you. You hated to admit it, but you sure did miss this giant that cradled you like a baby. It was comforting. In the position you were in, a memory flooded into your mind of time you cradled Kris just like he was doing to you, when his mom died 6 years ago... 6 years ago. That was probably one of the worst years of your entire life. Several minutes had passed until you broke the silence that filled the air.

"I fink I haf to tehwh hurr." You muffled into his shirt.

"Wait what?" Kris let you go from his warm embrace to let you speak clearly.

"I think I have to tell her now. We've known each other for 4 years, she deserves to know." You lowered your head.

"Are you sure you'll be okay when you say it?"

Kris lifted your chin for you to look at him. Your eyes were already b with tears and you quickly wiped them away. Your disgust for salt water that leaked and developed in the tear ducts of your eyes, also applied to yourself.

"I don't know, but I miss her Kris... it's all my fault isn't it? I hurt him so much too..."

You showed no emotion but on the inside you were way to close to cracking on the surface. Your heart ached with a long ago scar that never truly healed. You kept the pain hidden deep within the depths of your very pulse and mind.

"Hey, don't say that. You need to stop blaming yourself. Luhan knows it wasn't your fault. No one blames you for what happened."

You sniffled a little before emursing yourself in his warm hug, yet again.

"Hey, it's almost 8, we should get back inside."

"8?! WHAT?! I've been sleeping for more than 2 hours?!" Disbelief replaced the melancholy feeling in your gut as you rushed to your feet.

"I need to go back and study.!" You were about to run back into your stuffy room, when Kris grabbed your wrist, preventing you from even moving an inch.

"Not before you eat dinner! Chinji said you hardly ever eat when you study! That's why you look like a fu**ing stick! You said you would take care of yourself while I was gone!" Kris pouted.

You sighed in defeat, "Alright.."

When the two of you of you walked into your kitchen, the other 6 were already sitting and waiting, ready to eat.

"YAH! Why'd you take so long to get her up here?" Luhan frowned.

"Because I fell asleep too." Kris beamed as if he was proud of it.

"Bwoh?! We're here starving and you two are just lazying around and taking naps? You are depriving these poor children of a good and balanced nutrition!" Xiumin burst.

"You're exaggerating, and are you sure they're the hungry ones? Or is it just you?" You and Kris laughed and took your positions on the dining table. When you looked at what you had for dinner there was a pot of steaming stew, stir-fried vegetables, jjajangmyeon, some side dishes, and a mystery steamer pot.

"Chinji-ah, what's in the pot?"

She uncovered the lid and Xiumin gasped in delight.

"Omona! STEAMED BUNS!!!"

Xiumin was the first to pile up all the food onto his plate.

"Yah! Manners!!" Kris swatted Xiumin to keep him from clearing out all the food. You chuckled at his childishness, and to think, this boy was supposed to be older than you. When everyone got their share of food, you all dug in.

"Waaah! Chinji-ssi, this is so good! Almost as good as D.O.'s cooking!" Chen beamed slurping down the jjajangmyeon.

"Almost? You're talking about Do Kyungsoo right? Since when has my top pupil surpassed my own talents?!" Chinji giggled.

"Pupil? What?" Tao cocked his head to the side.

"I used to work part time as the master chef of a cooking class back in my late high school years, Kyungsoo was my topnotch student.." She said 'matter-of-factly'.

"Really?!?" The 6 of them gaped at Chinji.

"If you guys don't already know, Chinji's mom is a master chef for all the celebrities in Asia, and her dad owns the largest food-franchising company in Asia too. Cooking is in her genes!" You said it like it was no big deal.

"Are you serious?!" Xiumin repeated.

"Yes. Now would you stop drooling on your food.? It's disgusting." You shook your head while Chinji simply giggled enjoying her sweet time with her dishes.

"I take that back! You cooking is WAYYY better Chinji-ssi!" Chen quickly corrected.

"Anniya, anniya! I'm glad he finally reached his full potential! Maybe next time we can have a competition." She winked.

"Chinji-ssi, tell us about you!" Tao smiled widely.

"Uhmm, I guess for the basics... I was born in China, but I'm half Korean. My dad has the Korean side, and my mom is a full-fledged Chinese. I have a younger sister named Yuji, and my original home is in China. I only came here to study-abroad for high school, but I decided to stay here longer. My dad originally wanted me to come here to 'get in touch with my inner Korean roots'." She put up her infamous air quotes that she always did.

"I uhmm, major in Vocal Performing Arts. I've been singing since I was 4. It just came naturally I guess. Both my parents obviously wanted me to study in some kind of Culinary School, but I told them I wanted to sing and I guess that's just what happened, and they let me. What else? Oh yeah, uhm my sister is a junior in high school now." She smiled brightly. "That's simply the basics, you'll find out other details along the way."


You all continued to eat peacefully until Chinji popped the next question.

"Yah! You told me you would tell me tonight! So what are your conditions? How do we go about this?"

You nervously swallowed your water and cleared your throat.

"You ask me any question and I'll answer it. Has to be about my past."

"Well, let's start with how you met each one of them."

"In what order?"

"Best memory, to worst memory. FOR EACH ONE OF THEM!"

"So the one I have the worst memories with is last right?"

"Correct!"

"Well for Chen, Tao, and Xiumin, I haven't known them for too long so i don't really have any best or worst memories with them. But I met them when Kris, Luhan, and Lay debuted. I was introduced to them and yeah that's practically it.

"So who's next?"

"Lay. I met him later on in my Freshmen year of high school. He somehow appeared when I first started to get bullied by Himchan and his little gang. Lay always somehow made it in time. He was like my guardian angel. He was the only one that didn't hate me along with Kris and Luhan. After a little incident, all the bullying just escalated, and they were always there to save me. But I always kind of disregarded them."

"Well tell me more about Lay."

"Ask him yourself! He's right here you know." You pointed at Lay with an unamused face.

Lay awkwardly looked up. "Uhmm well for the basics, I was also born in China and and born with hemophilia, as you already know. When I was 13, I ran away from home, and came to Korea. I stayed with some friends and enrolled in high school, and that's where I met Yejin." He smiled.

"Chinji wanted to ask him why he ran away, but she felt like she was already prying too much, so she held back the urge to ask.

"Who's next?"

"Kris.!" You beamed.

"You should already know my story with Jinjin, I'm sure she talks about it all the time! Right?" Kris slung an arm around your shoulder, but you brushed him away.

"Anyway, It shouldn't even be how I met Kris, It's more like how he met me. We were already meant to be best friends since I was born. He's like my older brother. You know how I don't have any brothers? Yeah, he kinda filled that spot in my life. Yerin-unnie never really cared much about me, so he kind of replaced her. It was like I had an older brother, not an older sister. Yerin-unnie and Kris are the same age." You sighed recalling how your older sister never even regarded you for a moment, but it wasn't too bad because you never really cared and got used to it.

"Anyway. Our parents were like best friends, so we spent most of out time together. We also both had parents with small but popular companies at the time and so we both kind of lived with ease. Our parents had this crazy idea of having us married and stuff, so Kris promised my parents when we were like 7, that he would take care of me for the rest of his life. So even when I moved to America when I was done with elementary school here, he still came with me. But after a year of living with me parents after 6th grade, he moved to Canada with his aunt for 2 years, so I was alone then. By then, my parents already had Yemin so I became middle child. I learned English pretty quickly, and in 7th grade, I met Luhan. But anyways, Kris came back somewhere at the end of 8th grade, and my parent's business boomed here in America, but they wanted Yemin to be accustomed with a Korean environment, so they decided to come back to Korea. I was 12 then, Yemin was 8. I begged my parents to stay cause I made new friends like Luhan in America. They said that I couldn't but they surprised me when I got on the plane and Luhan and his family were there along with Kris, so we all went back to Korea together. And yeah, then high school went by, I met Lay, and all 3 of them were scouted. And so yeah, now we're back to present time."

You had practically gave out your entire life story to Chinji, excluding some other parts. Chen, Tao, and Xiumin were also all ears when you started talking, even they didn't know all this information before.

"So Kris, how was your life?" Chinji turned to Kris.

"Hmm basics to start off with? Born in China, I know 4 languages, and I'm an only child. My parents used to own a small but very popular company back in the times. We were really young, and I was 3 when Yejin was born. Our parents we're best friends from the start so that's how we knew each other. But my grandfather owned a larger company, and my dad was soon to have to be the successor. My father never wanted riches before... but not anymore. When my mother died 6 years ago, I had just returned to Korea when I found out. My father went into a depression state and I couldn't be around him without being scolded or hit.  You could say I didn't have any parents for half my life. My father soon took over the larger company and remarried and evil wench. He became obsessed with money. I don't even think he remembers having a child. He broke his ties with the Parks, and our families grew distant. I was the only on that stayed friends with the Parks even after my father betrayed them. It wasn't hard to get my father's permission to debut, since i simply asked him to sign some paper work, and all he said to me was, 'Do whatever you want with your life as long as you don't disgrace this family.' So that's how I'm here now." Kris smiled even after having told such a depressing story.

To avoid anymore of a melancholy feeling to the life out of the air, Chinji asked a different question to diverge from the previous topic.

"So who taught you how to dance?" Chinji wondered. You nodded your head towards Lay.

"He did. I saw him dancing in one of the school gardens and so I simply asked him to teach me. So that's basically how I know."

You felt like you were letting out all your information all at once. It was both relieving and nerve-wracking. You felt a little bad knowing that you knew practically every little detail about Chinji, but she only knew half of you. It wasn't fair to her. You were surprised when you were finally able to find a friend who became your best friend even if she didn't know half of the things that happened in your life, and you were thankful for her.

"Hey, didn't you say you were going from best to worst memory? So what was your worst memory with Kris.?"  Chinji tilted her head to the side.

"6 years ago, there was an incident, and after that I gained some bullies. You know Himchan's little group?"

"You mean Jongup's group?" Chinji nervously shifted in her seat and her face  turned slightly glum.

"Well yeah, they were my bullies. Only 2 of them though, the other 5 never really bothered me, so it was fine. Himchan and Yongguk were my extreme bullies. But Yongguk was also Kris's best friend... well, ex-best friend now. When he found out that Yongguk was my bully, he broke their friendship. I feel bad that he had to lose a friend because of me. And there was also the time when his mom died. I was the only one there for him at the time. His mom was probably the most cheerful person you could have ever met. She used to do my hair for school when I was younger. I can't even remember a single moment that she ever got mad. She was too kind" You sighed.. You sure did miss omonim. She was your second mom, and you knew how much it hurt Kris that time.

You had given the story of everyone, all but one. Chinji looked at you wondering...

If she put them in order from best to worst memory, then why is Luhan last?... What could be so bad for her to put him last? And what the heck is this incident you keep talking about?...

When she looked at Luhan, she noticed that he hadn't said a word since the conversation started and he had been sitting there with a blank expression spacing out.

 

 

 

What is going on?...
____________________________________________________________________
A/N:

I'm super sorry for being MIA for the past 2 weeks, I recently caught a cold from my sister and it's been on going for 2 weeks now. So I'm really sorry about that. I've gotten better, yes, but I haven't fully recovered yet! 


To make up for the 2 weeks I didn't get to update, I made this chapter as long as possible, I think I got better because I was writing ^-^

In comparison, this would be like 3 chapters in one, but how do you like them background stories,?! EHH??



Be ready for a big BANG in the next chapter where you find out the big huge secret<3(; Read on!<3 Thanks for the support all of you.!


NO PLAGIARISM PLEAAASE<3