3. Valentines Day

Jealousy Overload

(A/N: No, you didn't miss any chapters. Yes, time fast forward, and it will keep going in fast forward until Baek comes back.)

 

 

"So what did you get her?" Xiumin nudged Luhan him in the shoulder.

"I don't know.. A rose, and some chocolates."

"Are you serious?!"

"Yeah, why?" Luhan looked at Xiumin with a raised eyebrow.

"Dude, you need to do something special if you want to show her that you like her!"

"Well what am I supposed to do?"

 

It was finally Valentines Day. Luhan was at the campus cafeteria with the rest of EXO trying to come up with ideas for what he should do for Chinji. You, Chinji, Eunbae, Ahmi, and Chaeri were all in the SM building practicing your choreography endlessly. You and Chinji had the opportunity to choreograph your own song. You had to add some awesome stunts, but they were a lot more difficult than you thought.

"No! Chaeri, you have to flip over Eunbae. Ahmi catches you from behind. Alright 5, 6, 7, 8."

You tried your choreography over and over again, but it just wasn't working.

"Let's just revise it, we can't do this, and you know we can't." Chinji whispered in your ear while the 3 tried hard to master the stunt.

"Alright, alright. Nevermind then! We'll just do something easier."

You and Chinji brainstormed some ideas off the top of your head and were able to come up with a much simpler choreography.

"Water break!"

"Uhm! No water break! It's already 1! We need to be back in campus at 1:30!!" Eunbae suddenly screamed.

"Crap, Let's go!" You grabbed your training bags and water bottles, quickly running out of the practice room.

"We don't even have time to shower!" Chaeri complained.

"It's either you smell bad in class, or you have probation from practicing for being late to class!" Chinji scolded.

Chaeri threw a quick tantrum while she stomped her feet with a pout.

"Too bad! Let's go" Ahmi pushed Chaeri out of the door and the 5 of you headed to your van.

 

 

"Well? What do you think?" Luhan asked Xiumin after telling him his idea.

"Is it something only you can give to her?"

"Well... not exactly, but I can't do anything else.."

"Yeah, I guess so... then I guess it's settled!" Xiumin clapped his hands and left Luhan at the cafeteria to think for himself.

 

 

 

You arrived at the front gate of the campus, and immediately opened the door of the van to rush out.

"Thanks oppa!" You waved at your new manager.

"You're welcome! I'll pick you guys up after! You have more practicing after school today!"

"Alright!" You grabbed your bag and ran for the science building.

You checked your watch: 1:28 pm.

".. 2 minutes and I'll be late for Chem!!!" You dashed for the door, and ran up at the stairs two at a time. You stopped by your locker to grab your Chem book but forgot to leave your practice bag and dashed for your classroom.

Right as the bell rang you slid to the door of your Chemistry class, grabbing at the door frame to keep you from sliding past it.

You had the entire class's attention, including your teacher.

"Ms. Park, you made it just in time. Please have a seat." Your teacher spoke sternly.

"Sorry, saem.." You bowed in apology. You quickly made it to your seat and sat down.

You hadn't realized you were sweaty from top to bottom, you were still in your practice outfit, and not in your school uniform. It was only now that you realized all the things you had forgotten.

Your pencil case.

Your notebook.

Your uniform.

Your bookbag.

 

 

You hit yourself on the head and began to ask around for some supplies. You realized you stunk, your hair was matted down from the sweat, and your sweatpants were sticking to you. You were still panting from all the running you had done. And when you finally had the chance to catch your breath. You dropped your head on your desk in exhaustion.

 

After a hard day of Chemisty, you headed to the courtyard to meet up with Ryeowook.

"Tough day?" He handed you a banana milk.

"Yeah.. Almost late to Chem, forgot all my stuff, and..." You backed away from him a couple of steps. "I smell like sweat, don't come near me!" 

"Oh come on, you get used to it after some time, the idol life isn't exactly the easiest, but if you enjoy it, then it's worth it right?" He came closer to you and grabbed your arm. He led you to the tree ring and sat you down.

"I got used to the smell of sweat too.. Practicing with 12 other members who sweat just as much, you really have no idea."

You laughed at his silliness and took a nice big swig of the banana milk.

"Uhm, hey.. are you up for a date today? Nothing big or anything, just a stroll around the park, maybe stop at a cafe..?" Ryeowook asked you hesitantly.

"A date?.." You asked.

"I mean as friends! That's all.." 

You nodded your head. "Call! Right after practice okay? Pick me up at SM at around 6?"

"Alright then! See you then!" Ryeowook waved goodbye to you and ran off.

You sat with your palms behind you as you looked up at the tree leaves.

Lay suddenly came running to you and called out your name, "Hey Jin! Do you want to hang with us later today?" He stopped at your feet.

"Sorry guys, not today. I have a date after practice."

"A date?"

"Yeah, with Ryeowook."

"Ahh, I see, well I guess we'll just see each other at home right?"

"Uhm, yeah." You nodded with a smile.

"Alright well bye Jin!"

 

You grabbed your bag as your heard your manager honking the van. From all corners of the campus, the five of you met up in the middle and headed for the van.

"Last one in the van, buys drinks!" You screamed immediately running for the van.

Everyone followed and when you got in, you waited to see who came last.

You all burst in laughing as she entered, "Aww come on!"

"Your fault for wanting to wear heels to school." Everyone shrugged at her loss.

"Not my fault I need to look good in front of people. What would they say if they saw me all sweaty and in my sneakers?!" Chaeri cried.

"You don't like your adidas I bought you?!" You gasped in sarcasm.

"Are you kidding me?! I love them, but people don't see me like that! I only have swag during practice!" She giggled.

"Swag? What swag?" Ahmi joked.

"Yah, aish!" Chaeri hit her on her head, and everyone burst out laughing.

 

 

 

 

 

Right after your practice you got changed and ready, you didn't have any glamorous clothes to wear, and besides, it was just a friendly date.

You wore a crewneck with some jean shorts and kept your adidas sneakers on.  You pulled your hair up in a high bun and checked the mirror. 

"Decent enough." You shrugged heading out the door. You had borrowed the crewneck from Luhan since it was getting cold, you didn't have time to go dig through your closet for one, so you just took it from him after school. Besides, it was actually your favorite crewneck that you didn't own.

 

You went outside of the SM building and found Ryeowook sitting against his car waiting for you.

"Did you wait long?"

"Nope, not at all, I was already in the company building a couple of hours ago anyway."

"So you did wait."

"I had some business to attend to. Now forget about it and let's go!"

Ryeowook took your bag and put it in the car, as he held the door open for you.

 

He took you to the nearby park and you went to the swing set out of instinct.

"Push me!!" You squealed in joy.

"Who knew you were such a child?"

"Come on, just push me!!"

"Alright, alright jeez!" Ryeowook came up behind you and you squealed the higher you got.

You felt like a child all over again, the grin on your face was showing.

When Ryeowook stopped pushing you, you turned your head to see what was going on.

He was still there, but when the swing went back down, he caught the metal chains and stopped it.

"Aww, you're done?" You complained, laughing immediately after you heard your own voice.

"Hey, Yejin... what would happen if Baekhyun wasn't in your life?"

"What?" You backed up from him, getting up from the swing and standing on your two feet. The swing was still on your back as you held on the chains.

"I'm asking you, if you and Baekhyun never met, what you do?"

"I-I don't know, why are you asking me?"

"What would happen if he hurts you in the future, and if you two break up?"

"You know something don't you?" You squinted your eyes at him.

He only shook his head, "All I'm asking is a simple question. If you two break up, what would you do?"

"Move on I guess...." Your voice trailed off, actually thinking about the question more. What would really happen if the two of you did break up? You began to contemplate, and to be honest, your own answer scared you. Would you really move on.

"If you met me first, do you think I could've been with you instead?" Ryeowook took small steps towards you, and you backed up with every step he took, but with the swing on your back, there was only so much space before you wouldn't be able to move anymore.

Ryeowook was inching closer and closer, and you were now less than a foot away from his face, yet he was still coming closer. You moved your face away before he could do anything and scowled.

"Ryeowook, stop."

He backed away from you and sighed.

"Sorry, I just... Nevermind. Let's go get some ice cream yeah?" He held out his hand to you, and you reluctantly looked at it.

"Please?" He asked again.

"Alright..." You took his hand and the two of you walked to the nearby ice cream store.

 

 

 

 

Luhan had called Chinji out to the backyard of the house after she had gotten changed into her pajamas. She was in sweats and a light blue tank top that flowed out at the edges. She had her hair in a ponytail and wore her glasses. She was ready for bed, but since Luhan had called her to the backyard, she followed willingly.

"Chinji, close your eyes." Luhan held his palm over her eyes and walked her down to the backyard.

She giggled as she walked down the steps, "What's this about?"

"You'll find out, but it's a surprise."

"Alright alright."

Once they reached the bottom of the steps, Luhan removed his hands, "You can open your eyes now."

Chinji blinked as her eyes grew wide. "What is all of this?!"

"Surprise!"

The backyard was decorated with a bunch of lights and in the middle was a stereo. There were rose petals that were thrown around the grass.

Chinji gasped at the sight.

"Is this all for me?!"

"Yeah...I'm not really a romantic kind of person but Happy Valentines Day!" He sheepishly smiled.

"Thank you, really... But if I knew you were going to do this, I would've worn something nicer..." Chinji looked at her current outfit and frowned.

"I'm in my pajamas! It's not romantic this way..." She pouted.

Luhan came closer to her and whispered, "You're still beautiful no matter what."

She blushed at his comment, the things this boy could do to her, he almost made her forget what kind of person she was.

Luhan walked over to the stereo and played a soft slow song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5SE5Ds8d9w

 

Chinji smiled at the song while Luhan walked over to her taking her hand in his and spinning her around. He placed his other hand on her waist as they danced together.

"Not a romantic huh?" Chinji smirked.

"I'm really not good with this kind of stuff!"

"Oh really? Well by the looks of it, you're an expert, or is it just that you've had lots of experiences with other girls?"

"Not at all!"

Chinji chuckled at how flustered he was getting.

"Is practice hard on you?" Luhan asked cutely.

"Well, it's harder than I thought it would be, and a lot more hectic."

He nodded, "Yeah, I know the feeling."

"But you just made my day, you know that right?" Chinji smiled, and Luhan just gazed at her overflowing beauty. Her beautiful skin glowed under the moonlight, and he thought he was looking at an angel.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Chinji gave him a strange look.

"Because you're so beautiful."

Chinji turned her head, embarrassed.

Luhan took a hold of her chin and turned it to face him again, "I'm serious."

He leaned into her, closing his eyes in anticipation. Chinji stopped dancing as she watched Luhan coming closer, she could only blink as she began to panic on the inside.

But why? It wasn't like she hasn't kissed someone before.. She knew the feeling, but why did she feel like this was her first kiss? Like Luhan would be different from all the other ones she had?

She instinctively shut her eyes and waited.

 

When Luhan's lips touched hers, it was like the 4th of July all at once. Sparks were flying and Chinji felt like she was on Cloud 9. She was right. This was a kiss beyond comparison to all the others she'd ever had. 

His lips were soft and tender. He was careful with her. Not wanting to go too far. But Chinji couldn't help herself. She threw her arms around his shoulder and pushed the kiss farther. They both tilted their heads as the passion deepened between the two. It was all too perfect for the both of them. Luhan grazed his lips over her bottom lip and she did the same to his. It was more than just perfect.

 

But all of a sudden, Chinji broke the kiss and gasped.

"I'm sorry... I just.. I can't.." She shook her head feeling ashamed.

She turned to run back into the house when Luhan grabbed her arm, "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, It's not your fault, It's just... I really can't do this Luhan... Your such a good guy, and I don't think this is right. I'm not the one for you." She shook her head again and ran back to the house.

"What did I do?" Luhan whispered to himself.

 

Chinji gasped for air when she made it to her room.

"I can't do this to him.." She looked around the room as if it would solve her problem.

"I already have Kwangmin and Henry... I can't make Luhan just another one of them."

She heaved a long and heavy sigh, "It wasn't even going to happen in the first place. Ugh! What was I thinking?!"