Distracted

Jealousy Overload

You were sitting on Ryeowook's lap by the tree ring while he planted soft kisses along your jaw line. You weren't paying any such close attention to him and just stared off into the distance.

Your relationship had somehow escalated quickly in the past two weeks after your debut. The skinship started with simply holding hands the first few days. Then he suddenly started to kiss your cheek after every passing period, and then he finally went on to full on kisses. By this time, all the girls were oozing with the green monster as they watched the two of you all over campus.

Sure, you appreciated all the attention he was giving you, but you couldn't seem to give him the same attention he gave you. You couldn't duplicate the amount of affection he poured on to you, and you felt guiltier than ever.

"Hey.. Are you alright?" Ryeowook's voice snapped you back into reality. You stared into his eyes and smiled as sincerely as you could.

"Yeah! Just a little tired, I mean, I haven't been back at my house in two weeks. I'm still adjusting to the dorm and I haven't been sleeping much." You crinkled your nose, "All this makeup can't even cover up my dark circles!" You chuckled lightly.

Ryeowook placed his hands on your waist, lifting you up and placing you beside him instead. He stood up and faced you, offering you a hand.

"Where are we going?"

"I'm gunna take you to a place I like to go on my spare time nowadays, I don't think anyone else knows where it is." He beamed brightly and you could feel your insides churning. You smiled a little and took his hand. You let him lead the way, but half way through, you could recognize the area around you, and you had a feeling you knew where he was going.

"We're here!"

You blinked at your surroundings, a slight pang in your chest started to throb.

"It's a small pond in the back of the campus, no one really comes— Yejin.. are you alright?" He looked at you, concern written all over his face, but you with your stone cold gaze, couldn't be fazed.

It was the exact same pond you and Baek used to go to, and now, it was simply a bitter sweet memory.

"I think I should be getting back to class, I'll see you later." You spun on your heels and broke out into a run.

"I'l walk you to class!!!" You heard Ryeowook's voice calling out to you in the distance, but it was getting fainter and fainter the farther you ran.

Even though you claimed to be going to class, there was still 10 minutes before the bell would ring. You called Chinji as an emergency.

"Chinji??" You spoke through the phone as you continued to run.

"Mmmmm.. w-whaat...?"

"Whoa...what's going on with you?" From the other side of the line, all your could hear were muffled sounds, something along the lines of two people kissing while on the phone.

"Ch-Changjo, shut up would you?!" She whispered through the phone, but you could hear her voice clear enough.

"Changjo?!? CHINJI WHAT'S GOING ON?!?"

On the other end of the line, Chinji was with Changjo behind the English building as he kissed the living crap out of her. She was the first to go looking for him in the first place, just as a way to release her inner frustration with the way Luhan had been acting the past few weeks. She knew coming to Changjo would definitely help her clear her mind. He usually knew just what to do.

"Sorry Jin, what did you need??..." 

"Can I see you for a second, I need to talk to you..."

"Meet me in front of the English Building!...." You heard more shuffling before you heard her whisper a second time, "I'll see you later Changjo.."

You hung up the phone and rolled your eyes knowing exactly what she had been doing. You waited in front of the English Building for her, tapping your foot impatiently and pacing back and forth. You saw her coming from behind the building and you gave her a suspicious look.

Once she reached you, you crossed your arms and frowned, "Why were you with Changjo?"

"It's a long story."

"Well, give me a shorter version."

"I'm just frustrated with Luhan! He ignores me left and right every time I try to talk to him. I mean.. It's been two weeks! What did I do wrong?!"

"And so your way of solving it is by hooking up with your ex-boyfriend?"

"Yes... I don't know any other way..." She shrugged, but you knew she was right.

"Anyway.."

"So yeah, what's the big emergency?"

"I don't think the whole 'make Baekhyun jealous' is really necessary anymore..."

"And why not?!"

"I mean.. we're already friends, why do I need to make him jealous?"

"Are you dumb?? Just because you title yourself 'just friends' doesn't mean he thinks the same way!"

Your mind flashed back to the moment in your study room after you told him about all the news reports.

"The problem?! It's a lie! And Taeyeon..."

"It's not a lie. We are."

"No. We were."

 

"Well, I think we both agree we're just friends at this point.. We've been okay so far so I don't see the point.. and Ryeowook... I just feel worse with every passing day... He's getting really attached and I don't like the way he's like that.."

"Look.. You never know how Baekhyun really feels! Just keep trying, and besides! I already told you someone had to get hurt. You chose Ryeowook, so stick to the original plan like before. It sounds really wrong for me to say that since he's like my brother, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do."

"But-"

"No. No buts. And I have a plan already."

"Which is?"

"Okay.. well, Baekhyun gets out of class from the Science Building at the same time you do. You need to run out before him and meet Ryeowook right in front of the building. Do a little action and right when Baekhyun walks out, BAM! A hit right in the gut." Chinji nodded satisfied with her plan.

Your shoulders drooped. You felt like the villain in the story. You don't just end up hurting Ryeowook by pretending, but you hurt Baekhyun who has to watch the 'new best couple on campus' right in front of his eyes. You knew there were still a lot of open wounds you had left on him. You could tell how much he tried to hide it when he was around you. But after knowing him for more than a year, it was quite evident.

"Fine.." You inhaled a deep breath before recollecting yourself and walking away to your Chemistry class.

You were about to enter the classroom, because you were typically the first one in class, and it was the same today, but you heard a few familiar voices in the classroom.

"I'm telling you, I'm sure someone used the supplies in the medication cabinet in the last 2 weeks.." It was Park seonsaengnim who taught Chemistry in a different classroom.

"We didn't have any labs here requiring the use of medications.." It was another science teacher.

"Well then what's the conclusion?"

You were leaning in close to the door when suddenly, someone accidentaly bumped into you, causing you to stumble right in front of the door.

All the teachers looked at you in surprise.

"Yejin!" Mrs. Kang ushered you towards the group of teachers huddled around in a circle, "Close the door will you."

"Why are you letting a student in??"

"She's the top Biology Major on this campus, you can trust her." Your teachers winked at you, and you simply bowed to each and every one of the teachers.

"Saem.. What's happening??"

"Well, it seems that someone's broken into the building and used some of our medications..."

Your eyes widened in surprise. You could feel yourself sweating on the inside, as you slowly grew more and more nervous.

"O-Oh.. Re-Really?" You tried to put on a shocked expression but it probably came out looking funny.

"Yeah, well we'll continue this discussion later, class will start soon. Hey Yejin-shi, can we trust you to keep it a secret?" Mrs. Kang squinted her eyes at you.

"N-Ne!!" Her expression softened as she chuckled and smiled gathering her teaching materials and walking out the door.

You bowed to the teachers and headed for your seat, on the way there, you were cursing yourself in your head a million times.

, , , , . Me and Myungsoo are going to be caught, suspended, expelled even, and maybe go to jail...

You mind flooded with so many thoughts you couldn't focus through the entire class time.

I can't let Myungsoo get in trouble for this.. He shouldn't be the one to blame.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Well, Here's a double update for all my amazing subbies<3<3

Thanks for everything! Comment if you will ^^ 

Go on! Read the next chapter and enjoy it to the fullest! I'm sure you'll LOVE IT.

NO PLAGIARISM please...